LOOong delay at 'Tuning Guitar' before game starts

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 16 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:26 pm

Can't blame me if it's answered, as i tried searching, but didn't find any answers to this kind of problem.
Doesn't do this with older version, just newer version. It gets to 'Tuning Guitar' and sits there for at least 1 minute or 1 1/2 approx, then goes to game screen and starts.

Using 1.2.451 version, raph666's GH's MOD, RB Mod (still had problem before even using this one.), GH2 Songs downloaded (have x360 game, but didn't want to mess with converting.) and Rock the 80's (had problem before using these songs also.) Windows x64 OS, GF7600, 2gig ram, AMD Dual-Core 4800 64-bit, Audigy 2ZX

FoF 1.1.324 seems to not do this though. LITTLE delay only, but maybe 2 seconds, compared to 1 minute or more.

Any solutions is much appreciated. Thanks ahead.
Shredder
Scutch-Nukem

Postby Scutch-Nukem » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:37 am

Try updating your drivers and stuff.
If you can read this then you've gone too far.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:19 am

You couldn't possibly update driversa as fast as i am used to updating my stuff. So that's not it. I have since found some random info when browsing for more info on mods, and found a post that happen to have info on dual-core, and after trying the work around (disable one core when running FoF), it seems to be working so far.
Rogue_F

Postby Rogue_F » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:44 pm

This is could be the 1.2.451 poor implementation of tappable notes.

Try disabling tappable, and then try the same song. if it goes fast then it's the tappable note calculations they do (which are quite poor) ,but they do it for all difficulties regardless of which you play.

It's especially painful on freebird.

-Alex

-Alex
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:47 pm

or, if you have my mods intalled, delete the *.py files
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:49 pm

Neither one worked unfortunately. However i just changed the FretsOnFire.exe file to perminantly use CPU0 only. And it's working great. Searched a little and found a progg called imagecfg.exe to modify an executible file to run single threaded (IE-CPU0 only or CPU1), and it works great now. I was worried about having to manually set Affiny every time.
Plus, some programs like FlightSim2007 will see up to 100% FPS increase by doing this (that's how i found out.) because the program isn't good for dual-cores. In fact they said A LOT of people might want to just disable Hyperthreading in the BIOS to see a good size performance increase in FPS. Sad most game company don't start using advantage of Dual-Core's, as single cores are now obsolete. Don't even sell a single one at work currantly anymore. (MAJOR retail company too!!)
So if needed, i can post instructions, or just the exe file for Dual Core users of newer beta FoF. Lemme know. It does make the night/day difference in speed though.
Rogue_F

Postby Rogue_F » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:47 pm

If it's the cpu affinity problem then RF-mod already sets it to a single processor affinity for you.

-Alex
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:00 pm

Rogue i've been wondering, why do people treats you by rouge, wich is "red" in english? Is it an inside joke i'm just not aware of? Or just a typo?
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:08 pm

Rogue_F wrote:If it's the cpu affinity problem then RF-mod already sets it to a single processor affinity for you.

-Alex

The searches all seem to say that RF Mod was only for 1.1.324 version, which i'm not using. I'm using the 1.2.451 version along with the raph666's GH Mod and the random background mod. And i promis the Affinity by default is set for both core's, and that is for sure fixing my problem.
Either way, it doesn't really matter. I've fixed the .exe file to only run on 1 core, and is working great. I just wondered if someone wanted me to post the info, link, command line to patch the exe for others, or else i could also post a megalink to the exe patched file i made, since i know a lot of people also using dual-core.
My friend has a AMD 64bit processor, but only 4200, also he's not using Winx64, and doesn't experience this same delay, so i'm simply guessing it's somehow related to dual-core's + Win x64 machine's in specific.
I would gladly post a link to the patched file i made, with author's permission, as it definitely fixed this problem with newest version of FoF, using dual-core x64 machines. Overall it seems all around smoother also.

Return to “Tech Support”