Need just the notes! - Notes only links?

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 16 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Bmxmig

Postby Bmxmig » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:18 pm

Can anyone help me to get some links to get only the notes! I dont need the song and guitar if i got the cds on my pc? Save me time on the download!
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:49 pm

What do you mean you have the cds on your PC?
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:45 pm

If by cds you mean mp3s you still have to convert them to .ogg format to use them in the game.
One link I know of for notes only is keyboardsonfire Just scroll down to frets only releases.
Pyroccini

Postby Pyroccini » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:02 pm

Just delete song.ogg and guitar.ogg from the folder the song is in, if i understand you correctly.
Want to see the most fingerbreakingest song that'll be in GH3? Click Here!

Songs Made: 0
Songs half-finished: millions
Mods Made: 0
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:10 pm

From what I understand, it looks like you are thinking that just because you have the songs on your computer you don't need the guitar.ogg and song.ogg files. This is not true.

The game works by looking in a song's folder for four key files:
guitar.ogg*
song.ogg
notes.mid
song.ini
(* guitar.ogg is not needed as the backing track if Rf Mod 3.5 is installed)

If these files are not detected the game will not function correctly. The game doesn't go out and look for your .mp3 (or .wma, or whatever filetypes your songs are saved as) files that you have already on your computer. The game will only detect the two .ogg files in that song's folder.

If you want, you can convert the songs you have on your computer into .ogg format using Audacity, make a copy of it, rename them both, and move them to the song's folder, but really it's just quicker to download them already bundled (like most songs are packed here).

If you still want to just download notes.mid files, scorehero.com (a Guitar Hero modding site) usually uploads only the .mid files for songs.
~Jake2k3
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
Bmxmig

Postby Bmxmig » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:39 am

Yeah sowi 4 that. I got the mp3 on my pc and the convert program to convert to song.ogg and guitar.ogg and all i need is the notes.mid if anyone knows some links to sites were i can just get the notes.mid
Bmxmig

Postby Bmxmig » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:04 am

Thanx 4 the help jake2k3 i know how to do everything u said but i could not find the notes.mid on the site scorehero.com?
warhol

Postby warhol » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:05 am

No. We don't wanna change the format of our song submissions just for you.
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:19 pm

Bmxmig wrote:Thanx 4 the help jake2k3 i know how to do everything u said but i could not find the notes.mid on the site scorehero.com?

Well, what song(s) are you looking for? Most songs you can just search for on their forums and you can find it (if they have it).
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
Bmxmig

Postby Bmxmig » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:33 pm

Like +44 and offsprings...
Bmxmig

Postby Bmxmig » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:47 pm

jake2k3 wrote:
Bmxmig wrote:Thanx 4 the help jake2k3 i know how to do everything u said but i could not find the notes.mid on the site scorehero.com?

Well, what song(s) are you looking for? Most songs you can just search for on their forums and you can find it (if they have it).

Yeah like some offsprings and +44
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:05 pm

Try not to double post, especially just to repeat yourself.

I did a quick search and it doesn't look like anyone's fretted any +44 or Offsprings there. I did find this one here though.
"When Your Heart Stops Beating" - +44

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
Bmxmig

Postby Bmxmig » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:21 pm

jake2k3 wrote:Try not to double post, especially just to repeat yourself.

I did a quick search and it doesn't look like anyone's fretted any +44 or Offsprings there. I did find this one here though.
"When Your Heart Stops Beating" - +44

Thanx cant w8 to download it

Return to “Tech Support”