Finding midi's - Stuck when I try to make a music :O

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 16 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
skr

Postby skr » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:29 pm

Well, I was reading this topic to learn how to make a FoF music.

So, I needed my music's midi file.

I checked Music Robot midi search website as it said in the topic, but I cant find any of the midi's that I want >_>

So, know any other sites to look for midi's? I already tryed to google it too but I couldnt find anything >_>

Or

Is there any way to convert a mp3 file to a midi file ? (I guess its impossible)

Sorry for my retarded english :3

Thanks.
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:01 am

Here is a link that has some midi files on it. Just search for the song or artist in the upper left search box.

free midi files

As for the mp3 to midi...

I dont know if you can do that but I do know that you can convert midi to mp3.
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:38 am

There's no way to convert a mp3 to a midi file. If it were, it would make our lives much easier =)
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
MasteromaN

Postby MasteromaN » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:41 am

nwru wrote:There's no way to convert a mp3 to a midi file. If it were, it would make our lives much easier =)

That's wrong. Because notes are frequency we can analyse them and create a midi file. The problem is even if you want to convert a mp3 with only 1 piano playing, there's still some noise. Noise have frequency too => midi with too much notes.
So about making our lives easier, you're right :;):
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:24 am

MasteromaN wrote:
nwru wrote:There's no way to convert a mp3 to a midi file. If it were, it would make our lives much easier =)

That's wrong. Because notes are frequency we can analyse them and create a midi file. The problem is even if you want to convert a mp3 with only 1 piano playing, there's still some noise. Noise have frequency too => midi with too much notes.
So about making our lives easier, you're right :;):

True. Often, the "noise" between the vocals and instruments would make it virtually impossible to separate.

I do wonder how far along "wav to midi" software has come. I suppose even if it were able to spit out a messy midi with notes all over the place, yet timed properly, it could potentially cut down song creation time as opposed to creating from scratch (by ear). Hmmmmmm
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
MichallusTG

Postby MichallusTG » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:48 am

I do wonder how far along "wav to midi" software has come.

You can always download a backing track from somewhere (if available) - it does not have that much noise and is mostly mace with MIDI programs - therefore is better to analyse.
skr

Postby skr » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:27 pm

wolferacing wrote:free midi files

LOVE YOU :D

Return to “Tech Support”