Can a Mogg file be "Ogged"?

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 2 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
MJE

Can a Mogg file be "Ogged"?

Postby MJE » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:02 pm

If you only have a Mogg file but need individual instruments is there a way to get the Oggs in/from it?
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Re: Can a Mogg file be "Ogged"?

Postby Lysdestic » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:15 pm

Import the Mogg into a DAW that can read them (REAPER can, I believe audacity can as well)

Once imported you'll have multiple tracks. You can the export the track you want to a wav file or whatever format you prefer.
MJE

Postby MJE » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:16 pm

I found the song I was looking for after a Google search. There was only one result on a different site-not FOF. I opened it in Audacity and of the 10 tracks 8 were blank. There were two tracks with the complete mix on both tracks. So I thought maybe the person who made the Mogg did it wrong. Or maybe I unpacked it wrong? I looked in the Tune Posting and Tune Request and I couldn't find it there either. I should just ask there next.
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:00 pm

Most likely a mogg made as a custom song for one of these games.

You will only find multitracks for files released for retail games by the makers of the games such as Rock Band, Guitar Hero, etc.
Last edited by Lysdestic on Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:44 am

You can also find SOME multi tracks for none RB/GH songs, occasionally if you look on places like pirate bay.

Also for the record, yo ucan always ogg a mogg, seeing as a mogg is just a multi track ogg file, so essecially it is already an ogg file. just it has more than your typical 2 channels .
Anything recorded in 5.1 audio is technically a mogg as well as it is multiple tracks stored in one audio file.
Last edited by nobby76 on Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
MJE

Postby MJE » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:38 pm

nobby76 wrote:You can also find SOME multi tracks for none RB/GH songs, occasionally if you look on places like pirate bay.

Also for the record, yo ucan always ogg a mogg, seeing as a mogg is just a multi track ogg file, so essecially it is already an ogg file. just it has more than your typical 2 channels .
Anything recorded in 5.1 audio is technically a mogg as well as it is multiple tracks stored in one audio file.

Awesome-thanks-sorry for the late replies. Way too much was going on-but caught up now.

Return to “Tech Support”