The Season One Apprentice Forum Game: TASK 1 DUE APR 22

Have fun with some forum games!
This topic is 12 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
WINNING!..DUH!
ThickAsABrick

The Season One Apprentice Forum Game: TASK 1 DUE APR 22

Postby ThickAsABrick » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:15 pm

Welcome to Season One of the FoF-FF Apprentice Game!

This will be a long running game, consisting of two teams with 5 players on each team. YOU NEED TO BE SOMEONE WHO IS DRIVEN, DEDICATED, A GOOD TEAM PLAYER,LEADERSHIP ABILITES,CREATIVE,A GOOD SALESMAN/MARKETING DESIGNING GRAPHICS,CREATING STORIES AND MUCH MORE. Each week both teams will be given a task where they need to complete based on what is asked and possibly make a presentation/a pitch for it as well. For each task, both teams will choose a Project Manager who will be in charge of the task, delegate duties, make decisons etc. Everyone else in the FoF-FF community who is not one of the 10 players, will be playing the most important role of all.They will vote each week on which team better completed the task, or which presentation they liked the best. The team that loses a task each week, WILL BE ENTERING THE BOARD ROOM WHERE SOMEONE WILL BE FIRED! ( I will be playing Donald Trump and objectively hearing the arguments, and the losing team members tell me what happened in the task, what went wrong, who they blame etc.)

Rules and Suggestions

1. For the tasks each week both teams will PM or IM each of their team members for the task, ideas, creating the product/presentation. I would suggest sharing aim,yahoo,msn as well with each other. YOU NEVER WANT TO POST ANYTHING IN THE THREADS WHILE YOU ARE DOING YOUR TASK! YOU DONT WANT THE OTHER TEAM TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR IDEAS AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING! Also make sure you are working together as a team and communicating, because if you lose, ANY MISTAKES YOU MAKE, or you not giving it your all, could be used against you by your other team members in the Board Room!

2. Teams for each week will be given a Week to PM/IM each other and work on completing the task. There will be a deadline for both teams to post their FINAL presentations in the thread. Once both teams have given their final product/presentation, the rest of the FoF-FF Community will vote on which team did a better job completing the task ( they can also tell their reasons why they think it is so good, what they liked)

3. A benefit/reward if you are the Project Manager for a task and your team WINS. You will be IMMUNED from being fired for next week's task if your team loses.

4. If you are the Project Manager for a task and your team LOSES. Then you will be up for elimination and you will take one other member from your team to the Board Room, who you think should be fired instead of you.

The FINAL task will involve the final two players standing in the game. One of the players WILL BE HIRED! and crowned Season One FoF-FF Apprentice Champion!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to be a player in the FoF-FF Apprentice you can sign up and also if you have a certain friend/FoF-FF member who you want to team up with let me know and ill put you together. YOU MUST BE SOMEONE WHO CHECKS FOF-FF OFTEN AND REALLY LIKES TO WIN, AND PLAY AN EXCITING GAME, TO GIVE IT YOUR ALL! Once the two teams have been put together, the 5 team members can PM/IM each other on what they will decide to call their Team!

Team:Weirdbocajstemshevenaholic666
1. TheBocaj
2. Metallicaholic666
3. Estemshorn
4. WeirdPeople
5. DavidSevenfold

Team: Pitch Pros
1. Kamakazikilla
2. ddrxero64
3. RedShadow
4. Jama7301
5. Qwedgeonline

Week 1: Pepperoni Profit
Link: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=51890&p=584393#p584393

Weirdbocajstemshevenaholic666 Project Manager: Metallicaholic666

Pitch Pros Project Manager: ddrXero64
Last edited by ThickAsABrick on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:36 am, edited 34 times in total.
On the Topic of Six Year Old Girls:
Electro Tomato wrote:Because I want to have sex with them, that's why

ThickAsABrick's Theme Hero: 1950-2010 THE MUNSTERS ADDED! viewtopic.php?f=5&p=559396#p559396
back from the dead
thebocaj

Re: The Season One Apprentice Forum Game

Postby thebocaj » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:47 pm

So, erm, what sort of tasks are we talking?
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
WINNING!..DUH!
ThickAsABrick

Postby ThickAsABrick » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:00 pm

A wide range of tasks, I will be making them with Apprentice Episodes in mind. I may alter some of them from the Apprentice tasks, by making it music based instead. For the most part it is a certain company/product, and your presentation will include pictures of your idea, what it looks like. Each week the task will be explained thoroughly so you know what your team has to do. You guys are good at using things like photoshop and altering/combining/creating images, so this Apprentice game will be all about that. The tasks will be just like the show. You guys are gonna be like Marketing Execs, creating ads, desigining products, pictures of a location for an event etc. If the tasks on the show would involve a video for example, you guys will just make storyboard images for example and post the amount of photos you need to show off your idea. I'll add you on as the first player to join! Is there someone you are friendly with or you also want from FoF-FF to be on your team?

ThickAsABrick's Theme Hero: 1950-2010 THE MUNSTERS ADDED! viewtopic.php?f=5&p=559396#p559396
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:43 am

I wanna be with thebocaj.

also you're fired
WINNING!..DUH!
ThickAsABrick

Postby ThickAsABrick » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:37 am

hahahaha =) you got it bud.

back from the dead
thebocaj

Postby thebocaj » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:07 pm

I find it funny how I didn't even wanna play originally but each time I think about this, it sounds better and better.
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
WINNING!..DUH!
ThickAsABrick

Postby ThickAsABrick » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:53 pm

It will be an amazing game and really cool, but in order for us to start playing this game, we need to get more players, so try getting the other guys to join in, because this is gonna be an epic competitive game. If we can't get enough people i may make it 6 members per team or something. I have the first task for this week already lined up for you guys to do. This game will be so much fun, and will test how well you as a team can create something great, but also how strong you are to defend yourself in the Board Room if your team loses. START GETTING SOME PLAYERS IN HERE! HAHA.

estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:37 pm

I'll join I guess, but only if I can be with tallica, as he is my butt buddy.
Image Image
Image Image

Amak11 wrote:haha, if only you were of age
WINNING!..DUH!
ThickAsABrick

Postby ThickAsABrick » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:40 pm

you got it pal!! We need moarrrrr ;)

weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:44 pm

This seems like it could get interesting, put me down with estemshorn tallica and bocaj.
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
WINNING!..DUH!
ThickAsABrick

Postby ThickAsABrick » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:45 pm

you got it, also i feel bad for the other team who has to face you guys....gonna be some tough competition!!

SMO Manager
ddrXero64

Postby ddrXero64 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:40 am

Best game I've ever heard of. I definitely want to join Team 2, since Team 1 is deemed to be stiff competition.

Some background:

I'm the project manager at SMO. I currently run four projects, one of them was recently released. The idea of people supporting their favorite file creators for the rhythm game stepmania by paying a small amount of money to personalize their own. This will give the members who create these files a little motivation to create more. It also might bring a bit of mainstream to SMO, encouraging a new user base. As for the other four projects, one of them is in progress on this site (if you haven't read my posts haha), one of them is currently being worked on and the fourth has been put on hold until I can get more productivity or newer resources in development. It's all part of my idea. Operation Revival.

I can definitely update on this and try to visit regularly. If anything, people who are on my team may be able to reach me at my live, skype, site, and IRC that I regularly check. I hope this idea can kick off, count me in.
WINNING!..DUH!
ThickAsABrick

Postby ThickAsABrick » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:07 am

Thank you for your kind words I truly appreciate it. I mean I am using the Apprentice show basically and its rules, and on my own tried to transfer it into a forum game. I looked everywhere on the net and didn't see anyone else create an Apprentice Forum Game, so I thought up the whole thing on the spot. I will put you down for Team 2 and the thing is, as long as people try to really play the game and give it their all, this game will work great, you just got to listen to the instructions and keep updated with what you have to do with the game. STILL MORE SLOTS OPEN FOR MORE TEAM MEMBERS!

-- Edit: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:30 am --

Also I would suggest people to consider both teams to join, since ddrXero64, has business experience and experience being a Project Manager for Rhythm games, he may be quite the formidable player.

I luv Fallout!!!
sonicandshadow97

Postby sonicandshadow97 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:19 pm

Hmmm. I may consider this. I do not full understand the basics of it yet, but I'm sure that if I decide to do it, I will catch on eventually.

I'll keep this in mind.
Image Image
Check out my songs. My most recent one is On the Backs of Angels by Dream Theater (Soon to be upped) And I am working on The Mob Rules by Adrenaline Mob.
WINNING!..DUH!
ThickAsABrick

Postby ThickAsABrick » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:05 am

Well if you have never seen the apprentice show, its a business reality game. Both teams each week receive a task to do. It will usually be for both teams to be representing a company for the week, and have to promote something, create something, for their specific product. Like I said before, each week it will be different. The main thing you should take away is that you just need to pay attention each week to what the task is about. The task will be explained throughly. So then your team gets a week to go about working on the task/project, you IM/PM each other to go over the whole thing. When you are finished with your task, you will send it in to me and after the deadline, both teams presentations will be posted in the thread to be voted on by the FoF-FF community. Whoever gets the most votes, wins, and the losing team goes to the boardroom where someone will be fired/eliminated from the game. Don't worry I will guide you through the game for what you need to do. Hope this helps! I will add you on for now because we need the players.

Return to “Forum Games”