Fair Or Foul

Have fun with some forum games!
This topic is 13 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
coolguy567

Re: Fair Or Foul

Postby coolguy567 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:42 am

Fair, Valentine's is a waste of time anyway.

Two pretty common ethics situations:
1) You are on a bridge over a railway with someone else and two people are tied to the line up ahead. You push the other guy on the bridge off in front of the train and he dies but stops the train, saving the two people tied down.
2) The train is going to run over two people as in 1), but there is a fork in the railway line. On the other fork, there is one person tied down. You pull the lever which causes the train to run over the one guy instead of the two guys.

Bonus: if you gave different answers, what is the difference between the two situations?

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:59 pm

Valentines day is awesome ^^

The lady doth protest less than usual for my sexual demands :love:

1. Foul.

It would be murder to throw the person off the bridge. All life is valid and sacrificing one for two in a situation like that is wrong. I'm pretty sure you would serve time for that as well.

2. Fair.

This situation is not murder as in scenario 1 although they are similar scenarios indeed. All the guys lives are already forfeit with no action from you. You are not taking an outsider (innocent) and forfeiting there lives, that would otherwise be perfectly safe, to save the other two people. You are then left with few choices. You can do nothing and let the two people die. This I believe is foul as you have a duty to save the maximum amount of people involved in the incident. The other option is correct, pulling the lever and maximizing survivors is the humane thing to do.

If a white couple had a colored baby that was the biological offspring of both the parents, is it fair or foul for the father to accuse adultery/ demand paternity testing?
warhol

Postby warhol » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:50 am

Fair. Srs. White people making black kids.

Euthanasia on any account
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
ctrl-alt-deleted
kamakazikilla

Postby kamakazikilla » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:42 pm

as in killing things?? fair... a good example would be monkeys with ebola...

punching somebody in the nuts because they hit you with a towel the previous day after you did something to pis$ them off... (aka, you started it)
My Ongoing Song Thread <--old

############
Union Hero <--- where my new work is being kept
############

Make A Request Here!! I'LL FRET YOU A SONG =D

EOF Sync Tutorial And FAQ
GH Style Notes For Phase Shift
Rock Band Style Notes For Phase Shift
back from the dead
thebocaj

Postby thebocaj » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:06 pm

kamakazikilla wrote:as in killing things?? fair... a good example would be monkeys with ebola...

punching somebody in the nuts because they hit you with a towel the previous day after you did something to pis$ them off... (aka, you started it)

Euthanasia means suicide, by the way. :p

Err, I'd have to say foul with your one though.

Telling on a friend at school for making you do something which isn't allowed. (Think kinda big here, eg. vandalism rather than just chatting a bit in class)
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
Alter Bridge fanboy
NatchIsSoup

Postby NatchIsSoup » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:26 pm

Foul. It's your fault for being dumb enough to do what he says.

Turning off your phone to avoid calls/texts from someone just because you don't wanna be bothered.
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:43 am

I replied here yesterday, completely inoffensive in what I said and someone felt the need to delete it without informing me?

Gee, thanks.
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:44 am

NatchIsSoup wrote:Foul. It's your fault for being dumb enough to do what he says.

Turning off your phone to avoid calls/texts from someone just because you don't wanna be bothered.
FAIR * 1000. I hate the modern assumption that everyone should be available to talk to anyone at pretty much any time.

Deleting someone's post without informing them.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
warhol

Postby warhol » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:43 am

Foul.

Complaining about how bad your food tastes when there are poor kids out there who barely eat anything at all
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:49 am

Fair.

I should eat unpleasant tasting food because others have very little? Although taste is a subjective thing, I do not feel obligated to sit through an unpleasant (though likely nutritious) meal when I have the ability to choose food that is too my liking. It is neither my fault nor responsibility that I live in a country with access to food choice so I certainly don't feel pained when I indulge that right to choose.

Is it fair or foul to answer the telephone whilst engaged in the act of self gratification and to talk to said person while continuing 'the act' unexplained.
warhol

Postby warhol » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:59 am

Fair, unless the subject of your self-gratification is the person you are talking to, in which case, sexy and fair.

Return to “Forum Games”