Guitar Flash and Guitar Star

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 2 months and 1 week old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Modder of RB4toRB3
1xsonic

Guitar Flash and Guitar Star

Postby 1xsonic » Sun May 16, 2021 8:00 pm

Guitar Flash was develope by GamesX back in 2008. I couldn't translate from Portuguese to English because they are images. Of course it support custom songs in .mp3 and .sng. It has it's own chart editor. The game start directly in .exe without any requirements.

v1: https://www.mediafire.com/file/by3zczda ... h.zip/file

v2: https://www.mediafire.com/file/u1cpyjdr ... h.zip/file (Since the directory where the "fundo" folder is located, it has to stay like that. In the song list, select "Guitar Flash Custom" to find your songs.)

Guitar Flash did have a stand alone version where you can customize your character and the logo was used too. The program title name was called: "gamesX - Guitar Flash GH"

Image Image

I translated Guitar Star PSP from German to English. Guitar Star PSP does support editors like Feedback, Moonscraper, Editor on Fire, etc. The homebrew does work on PPSSPP emulator for pc and devices. 2 Players does work like a charm. Both players need the same song to player each other.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... r_Star.zip

If your converting GH/RB charts to Guitar Star, you need to adjust the notes to this setup to make it compatible. All charts must have this setup to work in Guitar Star. If the song stems are 48kHz, convert them to 44.1 kHz or else the songs will sound off key. If there's a lot of notes on screen, it'll flicker like crazy.
Step: 1/64
TS: 4/4
BPM: 125
Must have song.ogg, guitar.ogg, song.ini, and notes.mid

Can you use a guitar controller?
These games don't have a strum bar coded. So, you need a program to map keys to buttons on a guitar controller.

Are there song list limit in both games?
No, the song list keeps going.
Last edited by 1xsonic on Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:27 pm, edited 10 times in total.
ONAONEMEU

Re: Guitar Flash and Guitar Star

Postby ONAONEMEU » Wed May 19, 2021 9:08 am

wow, I've played Guitar Flash (v1) since it's early and never knew there was a version that could customize the character.

It has it's own chart editor.

I think there's a chart/mid -> sng converter, but charts were made using Freetar Editor (external). Not it that matters much, as every other chart editor out there is better than that lol.
Song Reupload Thread (Will be deleted by MEGA on 2022-01-26. "Thanks" again fortumo)
Modder of RB4toRB3
1xsonic

Postby 1xsonic » Wed May 19, 2021 9:40 am

ONAONEMEU wrote:wow, I've played Guitar Flash (v1) since it's early and never knew there was a version that could customize the character.

It has it's own chart editor.

I think there's a chart/mid -> sng converter, but charts were made using Freetar Editor (external). Not it that matters much, as every other chart editor out there is better than that lol.

I did not include "chartmid -> sng converter" because it's not worth to use it. People nowadays knows how to chart songs and there are multiple games. I got rid of unnecessary files and shrunk the folder size. I only include java 6 because freetar editor has an issue running using latest java version. There are other versions that has only GF song list and GH song list but they are pointless. The customize character version...I think that vanish off the internet but this was the the program name "gamesX - Guitar Flash GH". I would like to mod Guitar Flash and make it better...change the "fundo" folder directory location...delete GF & GH song list but it required reverse engineering. You can use Cheat Engine to find things.
Last edited by 1xsonic on Wed May 19, 2021 12:51 pm, edited 8 times in total.
The cycle has no end
Gefolo

Postby Gefolo » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:21 pm

Yeah, this version of the GF that you could customize the animated guitarist was called Guitar Flash Custom, it was an intermediate version between the GHO and the GF, the logo was green while the others were red and blue, respectively. I don't think I've played this since 2009 if my memory serves me correctly, but I still remember that you could customize your own songs and put them in the game, although you could only make one instrument, but I had some from Rock Band but for each song, I had 3 folders that corresponded to guitar, bass and drums.
sevenstorm

Postby sevenstorm » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:24 pm

Thanks for the contribution :thumbup:
ronaldbenton

Postby ronaldbenton » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:48 am

I had no idea there was a version where you could change the character's appearance.
pico park

Return to “Other Music Games”