[MOD] GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR - ALL-IN-ONE 2.0 REMASTERED - NEW VERSION 1.3!

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 3 months and 3 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Femme Fair Gamer
sweetladyamy

Re: [MOD] GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR - ALL-IN-ONE 2.0 REMASTERED - NEW VERSION 1.3!

Postby sweetladyamy » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:25 pm

I've figured out that if one has any custom characters made, it won't load at all (one can still have custom made instruments/graphics). It also will crash when trying to play custom songs made with the GHTunes mode (I won't lie-that sucks).

I had started a new career, and the game froze up/crashed after playing Some Might Say in the Bone Church gig (this is Bass Career), which made it impossible to advance further, so I ended up playing through on Vanilla (with my previous save), completing most of the career aside from one main gig and the optional gigs, before going back and making sure to backup my saves.

I've had quite a bit of fun since then, though there are bugs all over the place, including metadata bugs for the RB/RB2 songs (vocalist is always one of two even for the few songs with a femme vocalist and loading a song whose metadata is that of a different setlist since some songs are mismatched that loads a femme vocalist does not keep when going to a RB/RB2 song), and the aforementioned crash bugs that could be hiding elsewhere (I primarily play bass and vocals but I currently don't have a microphone for the latter).

Anyway, I've come to realize that the wireless PS3 RB Strat (the only PC ready guitar I have) I've been using is not really up to the task of playing the game, and no thank you to playing with the keyboard, so, I'm not sure when I'll be back to playing, but I do know that the extra songs are good for one thing, racking up extra, somewhat easy money. Be even more so for the songs whose vocals are 100% freeform/non-pitched, like there's probably a couple dozen of them with this mod.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Guitar Hero U.L.T.R.A. : Rockstar UNLEASHED!!!!

Seriously, go give it a looksy.
pronaxx

Postby pronaxx » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:06 am

Shame that the character creation issue will probably never get a fix, probably the biggest reason why i keep coming back to the game
donydark

Postby donydark » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:20 am

pronaxx wrote:Shame that the character creation issue will probably never get a fix, probably the biggest reason why i keep coming back to the game

Someone sometime said to me it's memory limitation of the game, and this person have created a solution but you have to reduce a lot of songs to be able to create a character. Their said RB1, RB2 customs and maybe more songs were lost in the process to free memory. Unfortunately, this process is lost and probably the youtube video was deleted long time ago.

Edit: I know it's not the same, but you can edit outfits and insturments of the vanilla chars at your will.
Last edited by donydark on Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
donydark

Postby donydark » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:29 am

sweetladyamy wrote:I've figured out that if one has any custom characters made, it won't load at all (one can still have custom made instruments/graphics). It also will crash when trying to play custom songs made with the GHTunes mode (I won't lie-that sucks).

I had started a new career, and the game froze up/crashed after playing Some Might Say in the Bone Church gig (this is Bass Career), which made it impossible to advance further, so I ended up playing through on Vanilla (with my previous save), completing most of the career aside from one main gig and the optional gigs, before going back and making sure to backup my saves.

I've had quite a bit of fun since then, though there are bugs all over the place, including metadata bugs for the RB/RB2 songs (vocalist is always one of two even for the few songs with a femme vocalist and loading a song whose metadata is that of a different setlist since some songs are mismatched that loads a femme vocalist does not keep when going to a RB/RB2 song), and the aforementioned crash bugs that could be hiding elsewhere (I primarily play bass and vocals but I currently don't have a microphone for the latter).

Anyway, I've come to realize that the wireless PS3 RB Strat (the only PC ready guitar I have) I've been using is not really up to the task of playing the game, and no thank you to playing with the keyboard, so, I'm not sure when I'll be back to playing, but I do know that the extra songs are good for one thing, racking up extra, somewhat easy money. Be even more so for the songs whose vocals are 100% freeform/non-pitched, like there's probably a couple dozen of them with this mod.

I know you said "keyboard no thanks" but a long time go I was able to play GHWT pc with guitar, bass and drums, using common joysticks (GH1,GH2,GH3 and GH Aerosmith style) and I had fun playing with my nieces.
I know it doesn't compare to play With instrument controller, but these girls suck using instrument controllers anyway, but they were pretty good with Dualshock. We had fun even on hard. No they were no child, they were youngsters.
Last edited by donydark on Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Femme Fair Gamer
sweetladyamy

Postby sweetladyamy » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:17 pm

donydark wrote:
sweetladyamy wrote:I've figured out that if one has any custom characters made, it won't load at all (one can still have custom made instruments/graphics). It also will crash when trying to play custom songs made with the GHTunes mode (I won't lie-that sucks).

I know you said "keyboard no thanks" but a long time go I was able to play GHWT pc with guitar, bass and drums, using common joysticks (GH1,GH2,GH3 and GH Aerosmith style) and I had fun playing with my nieces.
I know it doesn't compare to play With instrument controller, but these girls suck using instrument controllers anyway, but they were pretty good with Dualshock. We had fun even on hard. No they were no child, they were youngsters.

Playing with the keyboard would be fine if I could rebind the keys; as-is, it's kinda like playing lefty-flip. :huh:
Even then, it would still be much more difficult for me.

donydark

Postby donydark » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:25 pm

sweetladyamy wrote:
donydark wrote:
sweetladyamy wrote:I

Playing with the keyboard would be fine if I could rebind the keys; as-is, it's kinda like playing lefty-flip. :huh:
Even then, it would still be much more difficult for me.

Maybe this link could help you. In the moment I don't have GHWT AIO properly working, sold my laptop it was installed.

http://shubhammistry.blogspot.com/2015/03/guitar-hero-world-tour-an.html

I know it's a hassle, but if you have a gamepad, you can use joytokey to put the keys on gamepad after you configure it the way you want, so the game will work like GH1, 2 & 3 era in the dualshock. Joytokey and GHWT running together can be pretty demanding to run, but if your PC is PC gamer and I think it is, your good to go.
Femme Fair Gamer
sweetladyamy

Postby sweetladyamy » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:14 pm

donydark wrote:Maybe this link could help you. In the moment I don't have GHWT AIO properly working, sold my laptop it was installed.

I know it's a hassle, but if you have a gamepad, you can use joytokey to put the keys on gamepad after you configure it the way you want, so the game will work like GH1, 2 & 3 era in the dualshock. Joytokey and GHWT running together can be pretty demanding to run, but if your PC is PC gamer and I think it is, your good to go.

At least it helps with mapping the keys to how I have it typically for CH and Phase Shift. As for playing with the gamepad, I'd need to enable debug or else the game thinks I'm trying to play vocals. I can run Joy2key just fine and have to for an even harder to run game (because I don't have an XInput enabled gamepad).

donydark

Postby donydark » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:42 am

sweetladyamy wrote:
donydark wrote:Maybe this link could help you. In the moment I don't have GHWT AIO properly working, sold my laptop it was installed.

At least it helps with mapping the keys to how I have it typically for CH and Phase Shift. As for playing with the gamepad, I'd need to enable debug or else the game thinks I'm trying to play vocals. I can run Joy2key just fine and have to for an even harder to run game (because I don't have an XInput enabled gamepad).

I really think Dinput gamepads don't work for it, just Xinput 'cause I know GHWT PC is loosely based on the x360 version of the game. Strangely, my game never detected me as a vocalist when I had no microphone connected. A screen showing Guitar/Bass instructions appeared every time by default, with an option to press a key to change for Drums.
The game only detected me as a vocalist when any type of microphone (headseats, any online game microphone) was present. If I started the game having my headset I used for steam connected Bam! The game detected me as vocals. Sorry too long. Hope I have helped some way.
Femme Fair Gamer
sweetladyamy

Postby sweetladyamy » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:54 pm

donydark wrote:I really think Dinput gamepads don't work for it, just Xinput 'cause I know GHWT PC is loosely based on the x360 version of the game. Strangely, my game never detected me as a vocalist when I had no microphone connected. A screen showing Guitar/Bass instructions appeared every time by default, with an option to press a key to change for Drums.
The game only detected me as a vocalist when any type of microphone (headsets, any online game microphone) was present. If I started the game having my headset I used for steam connected Bam! The game detected me as vocals. Sorry too long. Hope I have helped some way.

Oddly enough, my current gamepad is detected as a gamepad by the game, and tells me to connect a microphone when attempting to use it (I said as much already). I haven't tried the Joy2Key method yet, but I get the feeling that I'll end up with double inputs, and unnn...that's not great. So, like I said, if I really wanted to do this, I'd have to use debug mode, and I don't know how to enable it.

typhoon1944

Postby typhoon1944 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:10 am

Is this forum still active? I'm new and have some questions.
donydark

Postby donydark » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:55 pm

sweetladyamy wrote:
donydark wrote:I really think Dinput gamepads don't work for it, just Xinput 'cause I know GHWT PC is loosely based on the x360 version of the game. Strangely, my game never detected me as a vocalist when I had no microphone connected. A screen showing Guitar/Bass instructions appeared every time by default, with an option to press a key to change for Drums.
The game only detected me as a vocalist when any type of microphone (headsets, any online game microphone) was present. If I started the game having my headset I used for steam connected Bam! The game detected me as vocals. Sorry too long. Hope I have helped some way.

Oddly enough, my current gamepad is detected as a gamepad by the game, and tells me to connect a microphone when attempting to use it (I said as much already). I haven't tried the Joy2Key method yet, but I get the feeling that I'll end up with double inputs, and unnn...that's not great. So, like I said, if I really wanted to do this, I'd have to use debug mode, and I don't know how to enable it.

Debug mode is enable using some file swap with Qbee app. I made it a long time ago, when there's a quick tutorial in a page in score hero. I know it works, but is a little buggy.
Did you find this page with this tutorial? I find the situation in your gamepad rather odd. My gamepad is a cheap twin joystick adapter, where you can connect 2 dualshock2(yes, from PS2) and they are detected as "generic controller". Do you have a Microsoft controller? That could be the problem.
Last edited by donydark on Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
donydark

Postby donydark » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:00 pm

typhoon1944 wrote:Is this forum still active? I'm new and have some questions.

It is, but is a little slow. We are here trying to help and be helped too. I'll try to be helpful but my knowledge is a little outdated. Unfortunately I don't have this game installed in my system anymore due to various situations.
Last edited by donydark on Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Femme Fair Gamer
sweetladyamy

Postby sweetladyamy » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:01 pm

donydark wrote:Debug mode is enabled using some file swap with Qbee app. I made it a long time ago, when there's a quick tutorial in a page in score hero. I know it works, but is a little buggy.

You have a link to that scorehero/Queen Bee tutorial?

donydark wrote:Did you find this page with this tutorial? I find the situation in your gamepad rather odd. My gamepad is a cheap twin joystick adapter, where you can connect 2 dualshock2(yes, from PS2) and they are detected as "generic controller". Do you have a Microsoft controller? That could be the problem.

Anyway, it's a Logitech gamepad (a Dual Action to be precise, and yeah, it does register as a Vocals controller. Mine is a direct USB, though, not an adapter, and that may be all the difference, but I'm not sure as I've never, not ever, had a console peripheral adapter for PC, ever. :glare:
I did manage to find the page that allows for changing keyboard controls. Nice to have GRYBO set to 12345, above QWERT/AZERT.

c0nfig

Postby c0nfig » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:03 pm

anyone got the 1.3 version of the mod link cause the one posted wont work and i kinda already installed the data soo everytime i wanna play a song it says "the downloadable content has changed and game has to restart" and it keeps on doing this...
donydark

Postby donydark » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:52 pm

sweetladyamy wrote:
donydark wrote:Debug mode is enabled using some file swap with Qbee app. I made it a long time ago, when there's a quick tutorial in a page in score hero. I know it works, but is a little buggy.

You have a link to that scorehero/Queen Bee tutorial?

donydark wrote:Did you find this page with this tutorial? I find the situation in your gamepad rather odd. My gamepad is a cheap twin joystick adapter, where you can connect 2 dualshock2(yes, from PS2) and they are detected as "generic controller". Do you have a Microsoft controller? That could be the problem.

Anyway, it's a Logitech gamepad (a Dual Action to be precise, and yeah, it does register as a Vocals controller. Mine is a direct USB, though, not an adapter, and that may be all the difference, but I'm not sure as I've never, not ever, had a console peripheral adapter for PC, ever. :glare:
I did manage to find the page that allows for changing keyboard controls. Nice to have GRYBO set to 12345, above QWERT/AZERT.

Sorry if I upset you, I really don't know most of the gamepads model, but I know these logitech are pretty popular. I know it may seem I'm kidding but when i start the game and press enter or any key to start the game, the game detects me as guitarist or drummer. If I start the game pushing any gamepad button, the game detects me as vocalist. I will reinstall GHWT( the vanilla one) in my PC and I will try to use my gamepad and joytokey to play it like older GH games, if I succeed, I will try to make a video or tuto of it, hoping it helps you and other people who wants to try it. About the qbee tutorial, I'l try find it when I have ome time off work. :thumbup:

I'm glad you could configure your keys.

Return to “Other Music Games”