Harmonix is crowdfunding to bring RB4 to PC...

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 8 years and 3 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
YeaaOhhh!!
siavash

Harmonix is crowdfunding to bring RB4 to PC...

Postby siavash » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:15 pm

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/rock-band-4-pc

They're also bringing back RBN through Steam Workshop. Harmonix is looking to raise $1.5 million to port Rock Band 4 to PC, and they are including perks for backers.

But the reason I post this here is because of the implications that a PC version of Rock Band might have. Will Phase Shift and FoFiX become obsolete once RB4 customs become a thing? Will we see an influx of users or will our forum stagnate like ScoreHero's forums?
weirdpeople

Re: Harmonix is crowdfunding to bring RB4 to PC...

Postby weirdpeople » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:44 pm

Very glad they are doing this finally so many possibilities :D
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
s1ntex

Postby s1ntex » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:19 am

Great! IMO they are asking waaay too much, but it's not my problem. I just want it on PC.
http://www.fos.nvi.pl - Frets on s1ntex ;) :-)

Black Metal Wannabe
niels567

Postby niels567 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:29 pm

My 2 cents is they're not gonna make it. 1.5 million dollars is a big ask for a game with little to no interest among PC gamers, and most people interested already own it on consoles. RB4 might bring competition to PS and FoFiX as games, but RBN taking over our little custom song haven isn't happening, because they're making it so you can only sell your (own) copyrighted music.
If it gets opened up to modders (be it devside or brute force), it's gonna be opening an entirely different can of worms though.
I chart stuff, check out my thread!
Black Metal Wannabe
niels567

Postby niels567 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:10 pm

Even with permission it's going to be a legal nightmare. RBN content is going to be sold through Steam Workshop (because that wnet so well the first time), and managing the revenue split is going to be a pain in the **** because every good-willed charter working together with their favourite artist is going to be crushed between the fat greedy hands of Harmonix, Valve and the musicians label.
I chart stuff, check out my thread!

Return to “Other Music Games”