RockFan's Concept Graphics *Update*

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 13 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
triplejc

RockFan's Concept Graphics *Update*

Postby triplejc » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:08 pm

Me and Acedia are working on a revised version of RockFan, and we are attempting to finish the game up again. Hope you guys enjoy my mock ups of "grapically" what you can expect the game to look like to look like, as of now. :)
Lazy Update: graphics-wise, everything is done for beta 2.0 (I just haven't uploaded everything yet (I have to keep some secrecy or there's no fun)). Coding wise, it might be a month or so, i can't make any promises, as acedia isnt on right now for me to ask. Sorry guys :P

Menus

Spoiler:Main:

Paused

Multi-play networking

Instrument select

Setlist:

Options:

GamePlay

Spoiler:GamePlay Mock-up:

Last edited by triplejc on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:29 am, edited 29 times in total.
under a green halo
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Re: Rockfan??? Maybe so, maybe not :P

Postby aander91 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:16 pm

Okay, now I'm going to be that guy and possibly murder this straight out of the womb, but now we have THREE of basically the same thing. Phase Shift offers exception 3D GFX while still maintaining runability, what will you have? The original draw to Rockfan was the promise of Online play. Is the ultimate goal STILL online play?
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
triplejc

Postby triplejc » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:22 pm

It's not "My" game. It's Acedia's. But I'm not complete sure on the details on what features the game will have. But he's been working with another coder that has provided him with a lot of information. Which means a lot of new things will be very possible, not to mention that acedia is an exceptional coder in the first place. lol

but this thread should be focused on this concept "graphically". (i cannot speak for acedia. I only do the graphical design of the game, NOT the programming)
under a green halo
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:24 pm

Triple, now when were you in charge of what graphics goes in the game. Last i checked any and all things like that have to pass through me for step 1 of QA (Seeing as i am a perfectionist when it comes to graphics). If anything Acedia has the final say. Plus we are far from actual graphics part again

aander91 wrote: The original draw to Rockfan was the promise of Online play. Is the ultimate goal STILL online play?

It still is, but at the moment Rockfan is undergoing necessary changes to allow for these type of additions.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:27 pm

Oh Good Lord amak, people can make decisions without you. This IS acedia's baby after all. And besides, it's not official, read the title.

Back to the topic at hand:
Then I'd suggest a topic title change. :P

But like I stated, the draw to Rockfan is the potential of online play, not the graphics (not to discredit you, they are very nice (and unique! which is always good)). So don't be surprised when people start focusing on the online aspect and not the graphics.
COUNTERPOINT

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:29 pm

in my personal opinion, i wouldnt even mind something similar to pong if it meant online play

-- Edit: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:30 pm --

aander91 wrote:Oh Good Lord amak, people can make decisions without you. This IS acedia's baby after all. And besides, it's not official, read the title.

Ah my mistake then

-- Another Edit --

Triple, however, your notes and frets are clean. Why didnt you show me when i appeared on xfire. :crying:
Last edited by amak11 on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

triplejc

Postby triplejc » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:31 pm

definitely not Official. And i did not say i would be the only one making graphics, acedia just ok'd me to work on some graphics that would be put into the game. If you want stuff in "the RockFan That May Be" i suggest that you talk to acedia. :)
under a green halo
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Re: RockFan's Concept Graphics

Postby aander91 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:36 pm

RockFan's Concept Graphics

Much better. :D
COUNTERPOINT

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:38 pm

aander91 wrote:
RockFan's Concept Graphics

Much better. :D

Much better indeed.

I might submit a few rockmeter designs. Tho they are pains in the glutius maximus.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:41 pm

Damn dude don't change anything!!!

Just an idea if this does begin again. ADD CONTROLLER SUPPORT lol. Those GFX look NIASE.

-- Edit: June 17th, 2010, 9:42 pm --

Also, could you possibly make those frets and notes for FoFiX? I'll add em to the Awesome Frets/Notes thread.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
triplejc

Postby triplejc » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:48 pm

Thank you. :)
i have no idea how to do that
lol.
I would do it if you could show me how. I have never got "that" much into fofix, though i do enjoy playing it from time to time. :)

EDIT: looking back at the old frets and notes i made that were in the last version of rockfan, they make me cry they suck so bad (I'm getting very emotional)
lol
jk
under a green halo
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:09 pm

It's not to hard. PM me.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
triplejc

Postby triplejc » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:01 am

Ok. I did.
But i want to open this thread up to opinions. So does anyone have any opinions on these graphics, or how you would like them to be changed.
I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas.
under a green halo
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:56 am

raynebc wrote:If there are going to be several similar rhythm games in development, perhaps the developers should work together on one project, or share code. That would allow for greater progress.

THIS.
COUNTERPOINT

Return to “Other Music Games”