- Phase Shift -

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Re: Phase Shift [v0.71]

Postby Ambiguity » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:26 pm

coolguy567 wrote:
thekiwimaddog wrote:I've never hard of this bug before but I have re-written the timing code since the last version because of some issues so it might be resolved in the next release which should hopefully be this weekend.

Thanks
David
To be honest, I can't seem to reproduce the issue using the flat-keyboard controls (as opposed to upside-down keyboard) or using a bot. It could just be that my hand gets tired and I play the notes more slowly, so there's a bigger delay between when I think I play the note and when I actually play it, or something. It's just that I never noticed this in FoFiX, but I think FoFiX has a bigger timing window anyway.

The fret buttons lag when I play fullscreen in PS, maybe it's a similar issue with you. Test to see if going into windowed mode makes a difference(I suggest making the window smaller then your actual resolution).
Last edited by Ambiguity on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

jd2504

Postby jd2504 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:26 am

thekiwimaddog wrote:
coolguy567 wrote:When I play, the game and the music goes slightly out of sync over time. The notes cross the strike line later than they should at the end of the song, but they're on time at the beginning. This causes me to miss a lot of notes (by playing them too late) at the end of the song. I've tried a bunch of charts including some Harmonix charts so I doubt it's a sync issue in the songs themselves, and the songs work fine in FoFiX. I've tried setting the AV delay down to compensate, but then I end up playing the notes at the beginning of the song too early. If I use the average delay option, and play according to ear, I find that at the end of the song, my average delay has dropped (become more negative) by around 20ms from its original value. My FPS is a solid 60-62, so I doubt that's the issue.

Does anyone know a fix, or is it a problem with the game itself?

I've never hard of this bug before but I have re-written the timing code since the last version because of some issues so it might be resolved in the next release which should hopefully be this weekend.

Thanks
David

Just wanted to say that this is the same issue im having since the very start of the project... the longer the song the more out of sync it will be by the end
of course i tried everything to fix it (average delay, vsync on/off, Full screen windowed...)
and also wanted to point out that this seems related to the FPS, becuase when i tried to record a video the FPS locked to 30 and guess what? the song didnt go out of sync :scared:

hopefully this wont happend with the new timing code... i really REALLY hope. It's so frustraring not being able to play such an amazing game.
ImageImageImage
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:42 am

really? do you have v sync on or off? if nn try and turn it off, if that dont help try and find a way to limit the fps to 30 and see how well that fixes the issue.

-- Edit: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:42 am --

really? do you have v sync on or off? if nn try and turn it off, if that dont help try and find a way to limit the fps to 30 and see how well that fixes the issue.
Image Image
fatdog

Postby fatdog » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:22 pm

we'll be looking for some feedback on the next version to see if this effects any issues like these, hopefully will be quite soon now
Torydaes

Postby Torydaes » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:30 pm

Heya, folks.

I'm not sure if this problem has plagued anyone else, but certain songs refuse to operate properly with Phase Shift. I've searched around, and can't seem to find a fix for it either.

I'm not getting an error code, and the songs appear in game, as well as the music, but the charts never appear. I know it isn't an instrument problem, I've triple checked to make sure I was using the appropriate instrument for the appropriate song, but still, certain songs refuse to work. I can't explain it. Maybe you guys can figure out somethin'?

Thanks.
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:37 pm

sounds like an old bug that was fixed a long time ago..
Image Image
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:48 pm

Torydaes wrote:Heya, folks.

I'm not sure if this problem has plagued anyone else, but certain songs refuse to operate properly with Phase Shift. I've searched around, and can't seem to find a fix for it either.

I'm not getting an error code, and the songs appear in game, as well as the music, but the charts never appear. I know it isn't an instrument problem, I've triple checked to make sure I was using the appropriate instrument for the appropriate song, but still, certain songs refuse to work. I can't explain it. Maybe you guys can figure out somethin'?

Thanks.

Some old charts don't contain "PART_GUITAR" or similar at the start of their midis, FoFiX automatically assumes it's a guitar when this happens. I believe David told me he didn't want to do this with PS because he doesn't think it's reasonable to assume that it's a guitar track.

Now that I think about it though, if it's always worked for FoFiX I do actually think it's pretty reasonable to assume it's a guitar chart. Plus drum and vocal charting are relatively recent developments for FoF, so it's more likely that the charter would add the right event at the start IMO.

Anyways, as for the fix, the only thing you can do is get some type of midi editor(EOF, Reaper, etc.) and add that event to the start.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:15 pm

EOF will also assume an untitled note track is a guitar track, so if that's the problem here, you should just have to import the MIDI in EOF (it will back up the original MIDI for you), save the chart and try it again in Phase Shift.

Now that I think about it, if Phase Shift adds some command line parameters so that a specific instrument difficulty in the chart could be launched, NewCreature and I could probably add a "Test in Phase Shift" feature in EOF.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:16 pm

Ambiguity wrote:
Torydaes wrote:Heya, folks.

Thanks.

Some old charts don't contain "PART_GUITAR" or similar at the start of their midis, FoFiX automatically assumes it's a guitar when this happens. I believe David told me he didn't want to do this with PS because he doesn't think it's reasonable to assume that it's a guitar track.

Now that I think about it though, if it's always worked for FoFiX I do actually think it's pretty reasonable to assume it's a guitar chart. Plus drum and vocal charting are relatively recent developments for FoF, so it's more likely that the charter would add the right event at the start IMO.

Anyways, as for the fix, the only thing you can do is get some type of midi editor(EOF, Reaper, etc.) and add that event to the start.

Rock band uses the PART_GUITAR, PART_BASS, PART_ ... system. His issue is something that GH1 used, which i remember a while back Phase Shift having issues with. I completely forget what tracks were call tho. :/
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Re: Phase Shift [v0.75]

Postby thekiwimaddog » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:47 pm

Phase Shift v0.75 (Anniversary Release) Is Now Available From The First Post
It's been just over a year since we started work on this project and I was just looking back at the first section of code that I wrote. It was just a dos box which played all the audio files together with options to mute each track. We've come pretty far since then and we are still commited to the project with big ideas for the future that will hopefully be realised. Thanks to everyone for their support and we hope you enjoy this and future updates.

Special thanks to:
raynebc : Providing instrument signal data and helping decipher the Pro MIDI Standard.
Sealhunter : Generous Donation and Support.
Asskickulator : Playtesting
Bluzer : Split Audio Info

Updates Include
Added RB Pro Drum Support
Added RB Pro Guitar Support
Added RB Pro Bass Support
Added Support For eighthnote_hopo Tag
Fixed RB3/GH:WOR Songs From Wrongly Showing Slider Notes
Added 6 Whammy Tail Effects
Added Option To Disable Controller Profile MsgBox
Added Support For Rhythm Guitar Parts
Added Support For Solo (coop) Guitar Parts
Added HOPO Frequency Tolerance
Added Open Bass Sustain Support
Added RB3 XBOX 360 Mustang Pro Guitar Support
Added Support For RB3 Pro Drums
Added XInput Support With Option To Disable
Added Draw Note ID Debug Option
Added Real Guitar Legacy Cutoff Option
Fixed A Bug With Some Songs Not Showing SP Sections
Allowed Online Custom Board Angle / Whammy FX Data To Be Seen
Added Song Part / Difficulty Database Generation
Added Split Drum Audio Support
Added Crowd Audio Support
Added Disco Flip Support
Score Saving Is Nolonger Disabled In "No Fail Mode" When You Haven't Failed
Audio Delays Nolonger Use Minus Values. Default: 60
Added Video Delay Setting
Added Basic Practice Mode
Fixed Strum Navigation Bug
Fixed Major Hitwindow/Calibration Bug
Added Menu Video Background Support
Fixed Music Folder Select Drive Letters Limitation
Added Audio Menu
Added Advanced Menu Theme Support ( Phase 1 )
Fixed Video Overide Crash Bug When Using 3D Background
Added Random Song Button
Added Playlist Support
Plus Many More Minor Fixes And Updates

Split Audio Info:

Spoiler:AUDIO MIX

drums.ogg - Full Drum Mix
rhythm.ogg - Bass Guitar / Rhythm Guitar
guitar.ogg - Guitar / Coop Guitar
keys.ogg - Keys
vocals.ogg - Normal Vocal Mix
song.ogg - All Other Song Audio
crowd.ogg - Crowd Audio

SPLIT VOCALS
To correctly support harmony vocals we need to allow for seperate audio and as such:
vocals_1.ogg - Lead Vocals
vocals_2.ogg - Backing Vocals

SPLIT DRUM AUDIO
If the game detects all 4 split drum audio tracks in the song folder then it will assume it's using the Guitar Hero Method.
If it only detects 3 then it will assume it's using the Rockband Method.
I will add some song.ini tags to overide this at some point but for now this should do fine unless someone has any objections.

NOTE: If there are not any split audio tracks found it will revert back to drums.ogg

Guitar Hero Method
drums_1.ogg - Kick Drum
drums_2.ogg - Snare Drum
drums_3.ogg - Cymbals
drums_4.ogg - Toms

Rockband Method
drums_1.ogg - Kick Drum
drums_2.ogg - Snare Drum
drums_3.ogg - Toms and Cymbals

I would reccomend that you include vocals.ogg and drums.ogg even if you have split Drum and Vocal audio. This will allow for backwards compatibility for FOF and also allow the option to disable the split audio if you so choose.

New song.ini Features

Spoiler:New Difficulty Tags
diff_keys - Normal Keys Difficulty
diff_drums_real - Real Drums Difficulty
diff_bass_real - Real Bass Difficulty
diff_guitar_real - Real Guitar Difficulty
diff_keys_real - Real Keys Difficulty
diff_vocals_harm - Harmony Vocals Difficulty

Tutorials on the new menu theme system will follow shortly but by all means ask any questions you like and I'll try and explain.
There is currently no Pro Guitar Slide Support as I can't figure out the MIDI notation correctly. I'm working on it though!
Looking for feedback on Pro Drums as I've yet to be able to get hold of a kit.

Have Fun!
David
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Re: Phase Shift [v0.75] - Anniversary Release -

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:53 pm

I LOVE YOU
THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Postby thekiwimaddog » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:56 pm

raynebc wrote:EOF will also assume an untitled note track is a guitar track, so if that's the problem here, you should just have to import the MIDI in EOF (it will back up the original MIDI for you), save the chart and try it again in Phase Shift.

Now that I think about it, if Phase Shift adds some command line parameters so that a specific instrument difficulty in the chart could be launched, NewCreature and I could probably add a "Test in Phase Shift" feature in EOF.

This sounds like a good idea, I've been meaning to do something like this mostly for when I'm testing and don't wanna have to navigate the menus.
I'll add it to my list.
Thanks
David
'_>'
SUSAltd

Postby SUSAltd » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:20 pm

Metallicaholic666 wrote:I LOVE YOU

Spoiler:

ImageCharting Achievements:
1st place 2009 April Novice Guitar competition
3rd place 2009 May Expert Guitar competition
4th place 2009 June Expert Guitar competition
1st place 2010 February Guitar competition
1st place 2010 April Guitar Competition
2nd place 2010 May Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 June Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 August Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 December Guitar Competition

Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:39 pm

amak11 wrote:Rock band uses the PART_GUITAR, PART_BASS, PART_ ... system. His issue is something that GH1 used, which i remember a while back Phase Shift having issues with. I completely forget what tracks were call tho. :/

Not really sure what RB had to do with the price of eggs, but how can you be so sure he's having problems with GH1 charts when he never told us what charts he is using? What I said might be the problem actually fits the symptoms of his issue too.

Anyways, yay a new release! I don't know if i'll be able to do much with any of the new features since I only have the regular 5 button guitars, but I'm still excited ^_^.

.:Edit:. Actually you guys added more features then I remembered. Looks like there will be some extra fun for me after all :D.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:49 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS downloaddiiinnnggggg

hey look! Im in the credits! XD
Image Image

Return to “Other Music Games”