- Phase Shift -

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 6 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Re: - Phase Shift -

Postby Puppetz » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:06 am

I have five questions:
- In FoF you can make the "eighthnote_hopo = 1" in faster songs so you get more hopos. It seems that it doesn't work in PS? Or are there other things I should put in the ini file?
- Same goes for forcing backgrounds to show up in the game? Is it not possible?
- I don't have any "guitar solo/blue fretboard" when I play with RB2 theme, or hasn't it been implemented in the game yet?
- Is it better to record a game play in PS than FoFiX, I mean does it require as much from you computer?
- Are there new things in PS that you can put in your ini file than there is for FoF?

Thanks! :smile:
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:32 am

Puppetz wrote:I have five questions:
- In FoF you can make the "eighthnote_hopo = 1" in faster songs so you get more hopos. It seems that it doesn't work in PS? Or are there other things I should put in the ini file?
- Same goes for forcing backgrounds to show up in the game? Is it not possible?
- I don't have any "guitar solo/blue fretboard" when I play with RB2 theme, or hasn't it been implemented in the game yet?
- Is it better to record a game play in PS than FoFiX, I mean does it require as much from you computer?
- Are there new things in PS that you can put in your ini file than there is for FoF?

Thanks! :smile:

1. Been wondering about this too, it used to work before, if I'm not mistaken. Looks like it was removed or we need to write something else instead of "eighthnote_hope = 1".
2. This isn't possible yet as far as I'm aware of.
3. It has been implemented, I think the RB2 is outdated.
4. I think it would be nearly the same as when recording in FoFiX, as the game doesn't really requires much power from your computer. If you get lags when recording, just turn off the 3D background.
5. Not sure about this, but force ho/po can be done using markers in the midi (use the EOF, as it would be much easier). Check out the latest EOF, I think it covers many new features that PS supports.
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:34 am

acrox999 wrote:1. Been wondering about this too, it used to work before, if I'm not mistaken. Looks like it was removed or we need to write something else instead of "eighthnote_hope = 1".
4. I think it would be nearly the same as when recording in FoFiX, as the game doesn't really requires much power from your computer. If you get lags when recording, just turn off the 3D background.
5. Not sure about this, but force ho/po can be done using markers in the midi (use the EOF, as it would be much easier). Check out the latest EOF, I think it covers many new features that PS supports.

Thanks dude! :thumbup:
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:58 am

Puppetz wrote:
acrox999 wrote:1. Been wondering about this too, it used to work before, if I'm not mistaken. Looks like it was removed or we need to write something else instead of "eighthnote_hope = 1".

Thanks dude! :thumbup:

Whoops, looks like song background was implemented long time ago. But needs it in video format (.avi).
turbot151

Postby turbot151 » Sun May 20, 2012 11:12 am

Can i aske one question,it's a little weird : Can Phase Shift use the FoF song?(or FoFiX)

-- Edit: Sun May 20, 2012 10:12 pm --

Can i aske one question,it's a little weird : Can Phase Shift use the FoF song?(or FoFiX)

-- Edit: Sun May 20, 2012 10:13 pm --

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun May 20, 2012 12:35 pm

Yes, although I don't believe it will accept a chart where the guitar track isn't properly name (something FoF did to allow incorrectly-made charts to still be played). The fix is as simple as either renaming the track in a MIDI editor or importing into EOF and just saving the chart to make a working MIDI.
GilDev

Postby GilDev » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:46 pm

For those who want to play it on Linux or Mac, it work very well on Crossover. I use it on Mac for a while now and it work perfectly!
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:14 pm

GilDev wrote:For those who want to play it on Linux or Mac, it work very well on Crossover. I use it on Mac for a while now and it work perfectly!

Yep, there's never been anything wrong with it working in Linux under Wine, and for that I've actually be happy seeing that it is a very good game :) The only reason why someone using Linux might be against playing it is just because we wish it was open-source and used OpenGL instead of DirectX
The Photoshop Wizard
kristijan_mkd

Postby kristijan_mkd » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:43 am

The mediafire links in the first post are broken and www.­dwsk.­co.­uk doesn't work unfortunately .. What happened? :)
( 'o')/
davidsevenfold

Postby davidsevenfold » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:42 am

kristijan_mkd wrote:The mediafire links in the first post are broken and www.­dwsk.­co.­uk doesn't work unfortunately .. What happened? :)

http://dwsk.proboards.com
GHWT 4.0 theme is currently at a hault :v
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:51 am

turbot151 wrote:Can i aske one question,it's a little weird : Can Phase Shift use the FoF song?(or FoFiX)

Yes it can!
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:53 am

Puppetz wrote:
turbot151 wrote:Can i aske one question,it's a little weird : Can Phase Shift use the FoF song?(or FoFiX)

Yes it can!

many of them need to be imported and then saved in eof to fix an incorrectly named guitar track though.
Image Image
uksix

Postby uksix » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:24 am

I noticed when I was installing this, my PC would get some lag. Like if I clicked on the volume icon, it would appear 10 seconds after I clicked it. I thought that was strange since I have a gaming PC.

I closed down my firewall, which is zone-alarm and opened it back up and it was running fine now. Has anyone else encountered this?
LeftyGuitar

Postby LeftyGuitar » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:27 pm

Looks pretty cool. Is PhaseShift open source by any chance?

Return to “Other Music Games”