- Phase Shift -

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Re: Fatdog Phase Shifts

Postby Asskickulater » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:34 pm

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE SOUNDEFFECTS!!! this already looks better then RB and GH >_> cant wait for release!!! (btw you guys should so make your own site for this :P)
Image Image
fatdog

Postby fatdog » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:23 pm

just to help give an idea about how things are progressing there is a to do list on the first post now, its not a full in depth list as there are a lot of random small things to do, but when that list disappears the beta will basically be ready
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:06 pm

O_o you sure the specs are correct? python is a lot slower, and I can run FoFix at 100 FPS on a 7600 GPU
Image Image
fatdog

Postby fatdog » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:55 pm

the specs are completely unconfirmed and a general guess for if u want it to look as good as it can, i believe your overlooking the words recommended and minimum, but it also doesn't make sense to compare 2 completely different engines, if we are a more optimised game but have more complex features then you will still need a good machine to enable them, theres nothing unusual going on its how all games are

if you want to attempt a like for like situation by turning all comparable features on, i can run fofix at 1920x1200 with 4x aa, 3d notes, animated backgrounds 4 player and get about 20fps, in ps with that same setup i'll get 500fps

there are also potential optimisations to be made with 2d notes, something we'll look into once the higher priority tasks are out the way, one of the interesting things to us once the first beta is out will be what machines can actually handle it
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:09 pm

If you would only make a Mac version, too. :(
Can we get this forum going again?
fatdog

Postby fatdog » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:22 pm

Qwedgeonline wrote:If only you would release it for Mac!

Qwedgeonline wrote:If you would only make a Mac version, too. :(

thank you for your contributions
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:22 pm

fatdog wrote:the specs are completely unconfirmed and a general guess for if u want it to look as good as it can, i believe your overlooking the words recommended and minimum, but it also doesn't make sense to compare 2 completely different engines, if we are a more optimised game but have more complex features then you will still need a good machine to enable them, theres nothing unusual going on its how all games are

if you want to attempt a like for like situation by turning all comparable features on, i can run fofix at 1920x1200 with 4x aa, 3d notes, animated backgrounds 4 player and get about 20fps, in ps with that same setup i'll get 500fps

there are also potential optimisations to be made with 2d notes, something we'll look into once the higher priority tasks are out the way, one of the interesting things to us once the first beta is out will be what machines can actually handle it

oh I wasnt comparing features (I was assuming with the same features cause as of the moment, it dosent have much more features then fofix in game), I was just thinking this program is in a much faster language then FoFix :P maybe Im just being an idiot lol, sorry ^_^
Image Image
fatdog

Postby fatdog » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:11 pm

well just for you i shoved the game on my dads pc to see how it did

athlon 3700+
6600gt 256
2gig ram

set the game to 1280x720 with all the main options turned on and it run 1 player at 110fps, i'd imagine 2 player would have been fine but didn't have any extra controllers with me to try
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:31 pm

fatdog wrote:
Qwedgeonline wrote:If only you would release it for Mac!

Qwedgeonline wrote:If you would only make a Mac version, too. :(

thank you for your contributions

Sorry about that! :tongue2: I didn't realize I posted that twice. :blush:
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:20 pm

fatdog wrote:well just for you i shoved the game on my dads pc to see how it did

athlon 3700+
6600gt 256
2gig ram

set the game to 1280x720 with all the main options turned on and it run 1 player at 110fps, i'd imagine 2 player would have been fine but didn't have any extra controllers with me to try

awesomenss lol
Image Image
triplejc

Postby triplejc » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:39 pm

does this game rely heavily on graphics?
i have pixel shader 2.0
i have an intel GMA 3100 graphics card.
i have 6 gig ram
and i have a 1680x1050 monitor also.
how do you think it will run on my pc fatdog, if at all?
under a green halo
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:05 pm

triplejc wrote:does this game rely heavily on graphics?
i have pixel shader 2.0
i have 6 gig ram

Keep in mind, I am not fatdog, and I don't even use the same piece of crap OS as him, but based on what this says...:

I set the game to 1280x720 with all the main options turned on and it run 1 player at 110fps, i'd imagine 2 player would have been fine but didn't have any extra controllers with me to try

I'm sure you'll be fine. :laugh:
fatdog

Postby fatdog » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:21 pm

its more on the graphics than the cpu, playing single player i think it was using about 4% cpu last time i checked, thekiwimaddog has a similar cpu to mine but slower graphics card and gets frame rates that are about 1/4 of what i get

all i can say at the moment is a 6600 gives reasonable results but anything below that will likely start having trouble so best thing u can do is check how much slower the x3100 is compared to a 6600 to see how realistic it is

and if someone wants to attempt a megalite theme you might get a little more out of it

@Qwedgeonline try not to spoil the thread, if you want to debate os pros and cons make a new thread
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:34 pm

Qwedgeonline wrote:
triplejc wrote:does this game rely heavily on graphics?
i have pixel shader 2.0
i have 6 gig ram

Keep in mind, I am not fatdog, and I don't even use the same piece of crap OS as him, but based on what this says...:

I set the game to 1280x720 with all the main options turned on and it run 1 player at 110fps, i'd imagine 2 player would have been fine but didn't have any extra controllers with me to try

I'm sure you'll be fine. :laugh:

It's a good thing you're an applefag. You know nothing at ALL about computers.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:26 pm

Rapt0r wrote:It's a good thing you're an applefag. You know nothing at ALL about computers.

Good one. Who cares?

Return to “Other Music Games”