- Phase Shift -

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 6 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
'_>'
SUSAltd

Re: Phase Shift [v0.75] - Anniversary Release -

Postby SUSAltd » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Is it just me, or does it crash when I try to play a song?

EDIT: Nevermind.
Last edited by SUSAltd on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:

ImageCharting Achievements:
1st place 2009 April Novice Guitar competition
3rd place 2009 May Expert Guitar competition
4th place 2009 June Expert Guitar competition
1st place 2010 February Guitar competition
1st place 2010 April Guitar Competition
2nd place 2010 May Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 June Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 August Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 December Guitar Competition

f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:43 pm

first off, I absolutely LOVE the theme, it's truly beautiful, my only comment here is that I think you guys should replace all that boring white text with the current font (the loading screens, and in game score, as well as pause screen and results screen)

the first bug I've noticed, performance has dropped dramatically, I now get a sort of ghost effect on the notes that never happened in previous releases (even the pre-beta's)

so far I have not seen any sign of the issue that makes the songs go out of sync, i've had 1 crash when recording, and Im fairly certain that has to do with what ever is causing the massive performance issue

and this is a bug i started getting during the last pre-beta build I got, I figured it was fixed in this release but it seems to still be here, the game doesn't save my scores at all

thats all I have right now, I am amazed at that beautiful menu system... oh yes that reminds me, do you guys have any plans on fixing up the menu lag? the game lags slightly when you scroll over a folder with an image in it ("label.png" or album.png") its small but really kind of annys me because when I show PS off it kinda seems alittle..hmm.. dont know the word to use here.. i guess it makes PS not look as good as it actually is
Image Image
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:46 pm

Dude, so far everything I've done with it(which isn't much) has been fantastic. After I got it calibrated(this time my number was way different) it played a lot better then before.

So far the only bug to report is that if one song in your playlist has a video, it uses the same video for the rest of the songs in your playlist(I haven't tested to see if it does the same with 2 songs that have videos).

I love all the new GFX to death too btw, even the small things like the multiplier on the meters. Since the red was toned down I don't feel like I'm failing now ^_^.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Interflop

Postby Interflop » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:37 pm

So far I absolutely love the release. I would like to report a few bugs though.

When using a 7 lane chart with the 360 Ion Rocker, the pads seem to trigger strangely. When playing the pads and cymbals individually it works fine. However, when more than one pad is being played, it occasionally will play the opposite of what it's supposed to play. For example a simple hi-hate snare pattern. Sometimes hitting the yellow cymbal and the red pad at the same time will cause the game to trigger the yellow pad instead of the cymbal. I'm afraid this makes the game rather difficult to play.

I would also like to know if it's possible to include an option that allows you to play with 4 lanes even though you have a Pro Drum kit (like during the 0.71 release where I was able to play just fine with cymbals on a 4 lane chart). The option is given for keyboard drummers but there is no option that I saw for people using a drum kit. If I play Regular Drums instead of Real Drums, it automatically sets me to 5 lanes and only the cymbals and snare work, the pads do not. This is very inconvenient since almost all of my songs don't have all 7 lanes charted.

One final bug that I noticed. Scrolling with the Ion Rocker cymbals causes the menu to scroll 2 entries at a time. There's no way for me to scroll through menus without skipping every other option so I'm forced to use the keyboard for scrolling and selecting objects.

I hope my bug descriptions are detailed enough. If you guys can get these problems patched this game will be perfect!
Eze_2k

Postby Eze_2k » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:45 pm

great release guys

i created a playlist out of RANDOM SONGS(with the random song option)and then I erased all songs and then crashes right to desktop with a runtime error
Last edited by Eze_2k on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pardon my crappy english
Songs:
Megaman 3 - Snake man
Megaman 3 - Boss
fredz

Postby fredz » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:48 pm

I found a bug too, sorry

When i open up the game, the menu music plays, then stops or skips for like 5 or more seconds then the song continues then it keeps doing it the whole time.

It does it during gameplay too which causes it to go out of sync.

It's like it the game tries to play the ogg files but fails miserably, but i know that's not the case.

It happens for all of my songs which are by different fretters so i know it's not their mistakes.

Does anyone have a solution?
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:01 am

that my friend, is a brand new bug.
Image Image
jd2504

Re: Phase Shift [v0.71]

Postby jd2504 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:08 am

jd2504 wrote:
thekiwimaddog wrote:
coolguy567 wrote:When I play, the game and the music goes slightly out of sync over time. The notes cross the strike line later than they should at the end of the song, but they're on time at the beginning. This causes me to miss a lot of notes (by playing them too late) at the end of the song. I've tried a bunch of charts including some Harmonix charts so I doubt it's a sync issue in the songs themselves, and the songs work fine in FoFiX. I've tried setting the AV delay down to compensate, but then I end up playing the notes at the beginning of the song too early. If I use the average delay option, and play according to ear, I find that at the end of the song, my average delay has dropped (become more negative) by around 20ms from its original value. My FPS is a solid 60-62, so I doubt that's the issue.

Does anyone know a fix, or is it a problem with the game itself?

I've never hard of this bug before but I have re-written the timing code since the last version because of some issues so it might be resolved in the next release which should hopefully be this weekend.

Thanks
David

Just wanted to say that this is the same issue im having since the very start of the project... the longer the song the more out of sync it will be by the end
of course i tried everything to fix it (average delay, vsync on/off, Full screen windowed...)
and also wanted to point out that this seems related to the FPS, becuase when i tried to record a video the FPS locked to 30 and guess what? the song didnt go out of sync :scared:

hopefully this wont happend with the new timing code... i really REALLY hope. It's so frustraring not being able to play such an amazing game.

Im sad to say that this still happens with the new super awesome release :crying: i cant belive my luck.
@asskickulater: yes, i mentioned i tried enabling/disabling Vsync(trip. buff. too), and the only way i know to lock FPS to 30 is recording a video at 30 fps wich isnt a good workaround...

without vsync the game runs at +1000 FPS and goes of out sync faster than with vsync
with vsync it stays at solid 62 FPS

what else can i say, if you could please look into this...
ImageImageImage
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:32 am

well, I'll try and find a way to lock your fps at 30 as a temporary fix until the problem is solved

I doubt this but Im going to suggest it anyway, try turning V sync off and turning Vsync on from within your GPU's control panel, if you have an Nvidia card then I can show you exactly where the setting is
Image Image
THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Postby thekiwimaddog » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:51 am

Ambiguity wrote:Dude, so far everything I've done with it(which isn't much) has been fantastic. After I got it calibrated(this time my number was way different) it played a lot better then before.

So far the only bug to report is that if one song in your playlist has a video, it uses the same video for the rest of the songs in your playlist(I haven't tested to see if it does the same with 2 songs that have videos).

I love all the new GFX to death too btw, even the small things like the multiplier on the meters. Since the red was toned down I don't feel like I'm failing now ^_^.

I'll look into the playlist video background change issue.
Thanks
David

-- Edit: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:11 am --

Interflop wrote:So far I absolutely love the release. I would like to report a few bugs though.

When using a 7 lane chart with the 360 Ion Rocker, the pads seem to trigger strangely. When playing the pads and cymbals individually it works fine. However, when more than one pad is being played, it occasionally will play the opposite of what it's supposed to play. For example a simple hi-hate snare pattern. Sometimes hitting the yellow cymbal and the red pad at the same time will cause the game to trigger the yellow pad instead of the cymbal. I'm afraid this makes the game rather difficult to play.

I would also like to know if it's possible to include an option that allows you to play with 4 lanes even though you have a Pro Drum kit (like during the 0.71 release where I was able to play just fine with cymbals on a 4 lane chart). The option is given for keyboard drummers but there is no option that I saw for people using a drum kit. If I play Regular Drums instead of Real Drums, it automatically sets me to 5 lanes and only the cymbals and snare work, the pads do not. This is very inconvenient since almost all of my songs don't have all 7 lanes charted.

One final bug that I noticed. Scrolling with the Ion Rocker cymbals causes the menu to scroll 2 entries at a time. There's no way for me to scroll through menus without skipping every other option so I'm forced to use the keyboard for scrolling and selecting objects.

I hope my bug descriptions are detailed enough. If you guys can get these problems patched this game will be perfect!

Silmutaneous Hits Issue:
I'll look into this but it's going to be hard as the Ions always seem to behave differently. I might have to send you a test app to read the signals from it to figure out what's happening.

5 Lane Problem:
We used to have an option to force the lane count but I see that I've taken it out for some reason. I'll see about putting that back in.
To be honest I'm considering removing the 5 lane system as it's going to become a forgotten standard with the advent of Pro drums.

The Scrolling Bug:
I'd assume this is related to the First bug. I'll have a look into it.
Thanks
David

-- Edit: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:12 am --

Eze_2k wrote:great release guys

i created a playlist out of RANDOM SONGS(with the random song option)and then I erased all songs and then crashes right to desktop with a runtime error

I'll take a look into it.
Can you re-create it every time??
Thanks
David

-- Edit: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:21 am --

fredz wrote:I found a bug too, sorry

When i open up the game, the menu music plays, then stops or skips for like 5 or more seconds then the song continues then it keeps doing it the whole time.

It does it during gameplay too which causes it to go out of sync.

It's like it the game tries to play the ogg files but fails miserably, but i know that's not the case.

It happens for all of my songs which are by different fretters so i know it's not their mistakes.

Does anyone have a solution?

Does the GFX skip or is it just the music??

Thanks
David
jd2504

Postby jd2504 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:33 am

Asskickulater wrote:well, I'll try and find a way to lock your fps at 30 as a temporary fix until the problem is solved

I doubt this but Im going to suggest it anyway, try turning V sync off and turning Vsync on from within your GPU's control panel, if you have an Nvidia card then I can show you exactly where the setting is

yeah i have an Nvidia, but i know where it is. Tried forcing it enabled and disabled without any luck...
ImageImageImage
CaptainToasteh

Postby CaptainToasteh » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:48 am

This isn't a bug but just a question.
I'm trying to connect my Mustang to be playable in PS. I've tried other programs and it's connecting perfectly fine with my computer, so that's not the issue, but I can't get it to work with the Phase Shift controller profiler thing. Is there some other way of getting this connected?

Thanks
Eze_2k

Postby Eze_2k » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:03 am

i just recreated the random songlist bug

i fill some spaces with random songs,y press RED to erase,when the last one is erased and the next RED cancel the playlist,it crashes
Pardon my crappy english

Songs:

Megaman 3 - Snake man

Megaman 3 - Boss
fatdog

Postby fatdog » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:26 am

CaptainToasteh wrote:This isn't a bug but just a question.
I'm trying to connect my Mustang to be playable in PS. I've tried other programs and it's connecting perfectly fine with my computer, so that's not the issue, but I can't get it to work with the Phase Shift controller profiler thing. Is there some other way of getting this connected?

Thanks

if its the 360 mustang then it is already setup, but u have to press one of the 4 pad style (A,B,X,Y) buttons to start the controller in game

Return to “Other Music Games”