- Phase Shift -

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 6 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Re: Phase Shift [v0.55]

Postby aander91 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:05 pm

Leave it to you mod whores. :P
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Re: Phase Shift [v0.54]

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:01 am

kirezar wrote:loving the game, but the only problem I'm having problems now is the timing window, it seems so small, idk if I need to calibrate, I'll d that then tell you the results

I have the same problem, I've tried for literally hours and I can't figure it out. It's hard to see which way I need to move the number too :P. It almost seems like my controller lags in PS too, like the lights are a second slower then when I press the fret down.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:24 am

DWSK = David Want Some Kek
xD

Oh, will try 0.55 later. Nice 5 lane drums, David!
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:15 am

Rock meter is a bit... strict.
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.
ADH

Postby ADH » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:23 am

Ambiguity wrote:
kirezar wrote:loving the game, but the only problem I'm having problems now is the timing window, it seems so small, idk if I need to calibrate, I'll d that then tell you the results

I have the same problem, I've tried for literally hours and I can't figure it out. It's hard to see which way I need to move the number too :P. It almost seems like my controller lags in PS too, like the lights are a second slower then when I press the fret down.

thats the problem with mine! and changing the calibration doesn't seem to work right for me :sad:
THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Postby thekiwimaddog » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:08 am

Ambiguity wrote:

If the lights are a second slower then that's a big issue and I can only think of 2 reasons why that would happen.

1. Your computer is really slow and getting very low frame rates.
2. You are using a TV which has a video delay. (Plasma's TV's are the worst for this)

Can you post your machine specs please?

Thanks
David
Last edited by thekiwimaddog on Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
fatdog

Postby fatdog » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:15 am

here is the full change log for v0.55 that i didn't have time to post last night

Added Drunk Mode (large hit window) ini setting DRUNK="TRUE"

Added Full 5 Lane Drum Support

DRUM_EASY_ORANGE (0x41) (65)
DRUM_MEDIUM_ORANGE (0x4D) (77)
DRUM_HARD_ORANGE (0x59) (89)
DRUM_EXPERT_ORANGE (0x65) (101)

(One note up from the green which should be an F)

Improved animation system, should fix animated triggered events glitching after song switching

Fixed Instancing Issues, reduced memory usage on 3d stage mode

Graphical meter, disabled the debug text

Combo / steak break line flash to make it easier to see when you screw up

More accurate freestyle section detection at the start and end of songs

Extra controller supported - PC WT Guitar / Alternative Xplorer model
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:26 am

ADH wrote:
Ambiguity wrote:

thats the problem with mine! and changing the calibration doesn't seem to work right for me :sad:

I set the calibration to -100 and it became a bit wider.
THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Postby thekiwimaddog » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:41 am

acrox999 wrote:I set the calibration to -100 and it became a bit wider.

A New Calibration System is high up on our list. So hopefully this won't be such a pain once I get it implemented.

David
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:44 am

That's a great new David. Will we have a GH/RB-like calibration interface?
THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Postby thekiwimaddog » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:05 am

acrox999 wrote:That's a great new David. Will we have a GH/RB-like calibration interface?

Something similar, not sure how easy it is to implement something like that.
I'm sure it's not too hard.

David
fatdog

Postby fatdog » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:16 am

slightly tweaked the meter graphics so there is now a v0.55b its only a minor adjustment for now but i wanted to change it a little from what it was, there are no code changes in this one

v0.55b
THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Postby thekiwimaddog » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:43 am

Everlong with 5 Lane Drums and Open Bass Notes is pretty sweet if I do say so myself :2thumbsup:
David
3D Modeler
cool29801

Postby cool29801 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:22 pm

I just played the game, and it's looking BEAUTIFUL. It plays really smoothly on a high res, which is rare for me. I still have the unplayable framerate that makes me fail when I look at the 'audience', but I plan on getting my stages over eventually. I noticed there weren't any particle effects on sustained notes. (might be a glitch on my computer hah) but if you don't have any particles to show there, could I suggest something like this? These are some sparks I made with a lighting effect in 3DSmax for our old game, but never got used.

Diffuse
Opacity

If you have one spark rotating clockwise, and another above/under it rotating counterclockwise, the effect looks like this.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2K8MVSCU (500 kb video render)
triplejc

Postby triplejc » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:51 pm

wow. i am impressed with the new phaseshift.
and also, that is exactly how the fuse particles should look cool. (maybe a little faster though, but i think you already know)
and some extra particles could fly out of the frets when on a sustain like rockband, where little glass looking particles fly up on a sustain.
also, it would be cool if you had the notes break into peices when you hit them :)
under a green halo

Return to “Other Music Games”