- Phase Shift -

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
triplejc

Re: Fatdog Phase Shifts

Postby triplejc » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:37 pm

thanks Qwedge :)
and im not really even sure how to figure out which one is better, or how much better either one is...
under a green halo
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:16 am

Phase shift uses FoF/iX compatible songs, right? Does that include the values in the song.ini? If it does, and you're putting things like those drum sounds values in there, it might be an idea to let us know what values you're using that are currently unsupported by FoFiX.
In the FoFiX wiki we're keeping track of a "standard" of sorts, so that FoFiX can maybe later implement those tags. There's a couple of tags in there at the moment that FoFiX doesn't support, but Performous does. If you guys have even more, we can add them as well.

Just trying to keep things consistent between various games.

http://code.google.com/p/fofix/wiki/Son ... d_by_FoFiX
THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Postby thekiwimaddog » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:42 am

death_au wrote:Phase shift uses FoF/iX compatible songs, right? Does that include the values in the song.ini? If it does, and you're putting things like those drum sounds values in there, it might be an idea to let us know what values you're using that are currently unsupported by FoFiX.
In the FoFiX wiki we're keeping track of a "standard" of sorts, so that FoFiX can maybe later implement those tags. There's a couple of tags in there at the moment that FoFiX doesn't support, but Performous does. If you guys have even more, we can add them as well.

Just trying to keep things consistent between various games.

http://code.google.com/p/fofix/wiki/Son ... d_by_FoFiX

We are using "kit_type" as the tag for Kit Sounds. We haven't yet finalized what each value would be i.e Rock kit, Electronic Kit, Soft Kit etc. But we'll try and get a list together and let you know. We are currently going with integers as the value i.e kit_type = 5 but this isn't final we're still deciding on how this will work.

David
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:47 am

No problem.
I figure if we can keep on top of new values and document them, it prevents FoFiX, performous or any other rhythm game implementing the same functionality later with different standards and messing up what's shaping up to be a widely-accepted song format and causing inter-game incompatibilities. Yet it still leaves you guys open to throw in new stuff.
EDIT: You also may want to jump onto the fofix dev IRC channel (#fofix on OFTC) and chat with stump or akedrou if they're online, as they seem to be the "keepers of the standard" at this point (stump liaises with the performous guys partially for this reason).
Mafiu

Postby Mafiu » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:26 am

Good work!... :wink:

Waiting for the Beta :drool:
fatdog

Postby fatdog » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:35 pm

video in the first post has been updated to the latest version showing a couple of new things

game now has a pause menu which is good as you can now do all the important navigation from your controller instead of reaching for the keyboard all the time, also has some minor graphical tweaks
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:28 pm

wow the todo list got alot smaller =D
Image Image
Tormann71

Postby Tormann71 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:10 am

This looks very nice. Can't wait for a public release! :2thumbsup:
THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Beta Release Details

Postby thekiwimaddog » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:05 am

Hi Everyone!
We are pleased to anounce that we shall be releasing the first Beta for Phase Shift tonight!

I would first like to state that this Beta is primarily for the purpose of testing for GFX glitches, Performance Issues and Flat Out Crashes. There are still many missing/incomplete features throughout the game and as such we are not looking for feedback on these. (we know what we're missing as we have a huge list that you wouldn't believe). We will get to work on these features when we are confident that the general engine is doing what it's supposed to do.

**PREREQUISITES**
The game is NOT in a fully playable state! For example there is no scoring system at all. . .
There is a list of Supported Controllers on the first post of this topic and if you have a device NOT in the list and you wish to play the game with your controller then please contact Fatdog and he will provide you with a Controller Profiler app to resolve this. (allthough we do have keyboard support).

**SETUP**
There is a Config.ini file located in the Settings folder which holds all the options for the game. You will need to change these values in order to configure the game for your setup. The default settings should however work on most systems.
The Config file has a flag for calibration. This value will need to be changed to suit your system (this can be a bit of a pain to get right as there is no built in calibrator as of yet... nobody ever said Betas would be easy!).
Your Songs can be placed within the Music Folder in the Game Directory. Alternatively you can change the MUSICPATH value in the config.
There are also many other Options within that file that you can play arround with to suit your system.
If you have any more questiosn about the Values in the Config then please post them here!

**ISSUES**
Please note there is a general issue with stuttering when V-SYNC is NOT enabled. (we are working on this)

**SUBMITTING BUGS**
Please submit your bugs to this forum including you system specs and a detailed description of the problem.
We will then PM you to further diagnose/resolve the issue.

More Info To Come!

Many Thanks
David
Wait what
evilbobthebob

Postby evilbobthebob » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:15 am

Wow! Really looking forward to the beta!
All my songs | My Hero Project: A Hero
The Smart Way to Ask Questions

Spoiler:ummmmm hey guys
you suck because I said so
I know everything about art guys
what you make is worthless because you use photos
allow me to bash you and not prove I hold any talent of my own guys
guys guys guys
look at me
I need attention

f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater