Neversoft dies

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 14 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: Neversoft dies

Postby amak11 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:46 pm

Rapt0r wrote:
amak11 wrote:Then i dont imagine its completely dead, you'll still have kids games being released on it

I hope to god you're talking about the PS2 and not the NES I mentioned. On the chance you were talking about the PS2, name one game worth mentioning that came out on the PS2 in the past 2 years (that have not come out on the PS3/360/Wii).

Last good game, IMO is Madden 09My mistake i forgot about the PS3 version. But i havent had to buy a PS2 game in over a year now so i wouldnt know.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:20 pm

amak11 wrote:Last good game, IMO is Madden 09My mistake i forgot about the PS3 version. But i havent had to buy a PS2 game in over a year now so i wouldnt know.

Oh lol'd. Madden is for EVERY system ALWAYS
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:25 pm

amak11 wrote:PS2 has lived its 10 year lifecycle, which is pretty good, IMHO. Its survived, The Xbox, Xbox 360, Gamecube, and the Wii. Makes me wonder why i havent gave up on it (other then the fact that only the release PS3's have ps2 b/c).

one game each month isn't living

more news

http://kotaku.com/5470149/activision-sh ... developers
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:27 pm

The only PS2 exclusive games that came out in the past two years, that jump into my mind are: Persona 4 and Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories. Have not played either, but that's my two cents on that.

As for the layoffs, I have nothing to say that hasn't been said, haha.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:25 pm

I haven't played my ps2 since like 2007.

As said before, it's obvious it's going to die out soon, and pretty much already has, and it was basically a waste of their time and money to scale down an awesome game and make it **** just so 20 people can play it.

I think that one gh game and one djh game is fine, there were wayyyy too many gh games last year, hell i didn't even buy band hero (but that's mostly because i'm not a huge taylor swift fan).
Image Image
Image Image

Amak11 wrote:haha, if only you were of age
The Greatest Ever
hallo_frandz

Postby hallo_frandz » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:48 pm

good riddance
Obama sucks, Liberals suck, Metallica sucks, Avenged Sevenfold sucks, Nevermore sucks, I am greater than you. I will be more than you will ever think to be. I have more money than you. I am what you dream of being and what women dream of getting. I am the absolute single greatest thing ever. Just talking to me, your life seems to have a bit more meaning. Coheed & Cambria rocks, Buckethead rocks, Michael Angelo Batio rocks, Slayer Rocks, Megadeth is god, Neil Peart is god and Jimi Hendrix is the almighty god.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:48 pm

In japan the PS2 will still live strong just because of all the visual novels still coming out on it. However everywhere else in the world where everyone MUST have FPS's, yeah the PS2 is dieing. FPS's get too repetitive and they're almost all the same, RPG's are repetitive too but I at least the story and battle systems usually differ from game to game. I'm going to stick with the PS2 until I see enough nonFPS big hitters for a new system. I've seen some that look good but in my opinion not enough, when I got my PS2 about a year after launch I was already pulled in by a lot of games that I saw.

Neversoft has been around for quite awhile and I'm not enthusiastic about the layoffs, they've made a lot of great games that I've played and liked, Guitar Hero isn't the only franchise that they've run.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:29 pm

Sony has announced that eventually they are not going to allow people to make PS2 games so
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:55 pm

I smashed my ps2 because i was bored
Image Image
Image Image

googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:38 am

estemshorn wrote:I smashed my ps2 because i was bored

Your a brat who should not have nice things ever.
omgyouredead
ryanpanties

Postby ryanpanties » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:56 am

PS2 is still very worth having for customs and the sake of not buying something new, but it's lived a longer active life than most consoles and needs to be faded out before games start suffering more severely in an effort to support it. Nothing against PS2, but for example, aren't you glad they aren't trying to support MW2 on the original xbox? Systems get old, and I for one don't want to buy new games that are trying to stay old with them.

On OP topic, it's interesting to see GH slowing down... makes me wonder if they think these style of games are on their way out, or if they're just dropping staff for a slow sales year. :unsure:
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:27 am

iamsensay wrote:

I don't brake all my nice things, just my piece of crap really old things that i never use anymore
Image Image
Image Image

googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:13 am

estemshorn wrote:
iamsensay wrote:

I don't brake all my nice things, just my piece of crap really old things that i never use anymore

Do you think that doesnt make you a brat? Otherwise i fail to see the point of your post.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:37 pm

My assumption is that the GH series hasnt ended, but they will end up waiting a couple years to release a GH7, while they actually work on DLC. That's the only thing that is missing from my GH experience, actual good DLC. All this that is happening is all Activisions fault, if they didnt **** off artist and such, GH would have been equal to RB in most ways and they wouldnt have to downsize. The other series thats pissing me off is CoD MW, they put a good majority of money into THAT title, which is still glitchy as hell online. *points to unfixed care package and Emergency drop glitch on console versions*

Activision is milking the hell out of good quality titles from these developers and i for one am annoyed with it. If anything this should be a bash activision thread opposed to a thread about neversoft. I can write a book about how much i hate activision and their faulty business practices.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Return to “Other Music Games”