GH5 import process

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 14 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

GH5 import process

Postby amak11 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:07 am

greenalien from Guitar hero community Forums wrote:
Activision clarifies Guitar Hero 5 song importing process

http://www.joystiq.com/

Activision's announcement that songs from Guitar Hero World Tour and Smash Hits can be "imported" into Guitar Hero 5 (and Band Hero) had everyone thinking back to Rock Band 2's ability to rip songs right off the original Rock Band disc. As it turns out, in this case you won't need a disc at all.

We followed up with the publisher to find out exactly how the process works, as it had been referred to as both "importing" and "downloading" on an initial info sheet. The short answer: you'll bedownloading new versions of your old songs. "Within the Guitar Hero 5 song import menu, gamers will key in their unique ID from the manual of the previous game, pay a small re-licensing fee and then be given access to download the available songs (like DLC) in a big batch," we were told this morning. That's for PS3 and 360; with the Wii version, the songs can be downloaded on a track-by-track basis.

"This is done to bring these songs up to date with enhanced Guitar Hero 5 features like band moments, expert+ drumming (new for World Tour songs) and the new vocal star power. The game reacts to these songs as though they were DLC and are available in the same play modes," Activision explained.

So, you just need the manual (and a decent internet connection). Unfortunately, this means thatsome second-hand copies of GHWT and Smash Hits can't be used for the process, as they'll either be missing the original game manual, or their previous owner already redeemed the 20-digit code. "These codes can be used only once," a PR rep revealed. "However, once you have downloaded the content, you are free to re-download it at anytime at no extra cost, if you need to make more hard drive or SD [card] space."

just to summerize what they plan to do. You will NOT need the the GHWT or GHSH disc to import songs. Just the code on the back of the game manuals and a good internet connection. The songs from world tour will be updated with the new features(including expert+). After paying a import fee, you can download the songs as many times as you want for free, you choose to do it track by track, or just one big batch of files . There is a good chance that other GH titles will become importable. As for release dates, GH SH will be importable shortly after the release of GH5 and GHWT importable songs will be released at a later date. The 152 out of 158 of world tours DLC songs will be playable in GH5 after applying the backward compatibilty patch to GH5. Wii users with GHWT DLC will have to redownload the DLC with the new features and the audio quailty has been increased. That is all that i have for now.
Last edited by amak11 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Rapt0r

Re: AT LAST GH PLAYERS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Rapt0r » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:21 am

Whoooo!
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Japanese Ambassador
shawnoftheedead

Postby shawnoftheedead » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:33 am

Finally, something good has come out of Activision. YESH~!!
[table][tr]ImageImage[td]
What's my age again?
KTownEgghead

Postby KTownEgghead » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:34 am

YES! Because I totally bought all of those games just to play them on GH5!!!! :D :D :D

I don't see it as a big deal.
dance along the fault line; feel the shaking in your bones,
lose the tension in my throat, and live for something.
aduro

Postby aduro » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:08 pm

"some"

lol
Dungeon Master
megasxlrsebas2

Postby megasxlrsebas2 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:15 pm

They´re bassically borrowing the idea from RB2. And, that doesn´t mean it will be "tHa vest guiTar heRo game eva!".
Electro Tomato wrote:8 year olds are fun to hurt. They bleed profusely
What's my age again?
KTownEgghead

Postby KTownEgghead » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:19 pm

AHA.

It costs money to transfer "some" of the tracks. What an awesome job they've done.
dance along the fault line; feel the shaking in your bones,
lose the tension in my throat, and live for something.
Dungeon Master
megasxlrsebas2

Postby megasxlrsebas2 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:24 pm

Well, it wasn´t so different with RB2 neighter.
You could transfer most RB1 songs to RB2 with a fee. Non exportable songs included Enter Sandman, Paranoid and others.
Electro Tomato wrote:8 year olds are fun to hurt. They bleed profusely
You contract Corprus
ObviouslyOwns

Postby ObviouslyOwns » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:39 pm

If you want to make good out of it, rip all the songs then sell the games you ripped to Gamestop.
nwru wrote:If anyone has a problem with a moderator here, feel free to PM me to discuss.... at which point I will promptly tell you to suck it :cool:

My greatest accomplishment to date:
This Dying Soul FC

Links:

Youtube

MySpace Trip Hop = easy listening music
aduro

Postby aduro » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:52 pm

megasxlrsebas2 wrote:Well, it wasn´t so different with RB2 neighter.
You could transfer most RB1 songs to RB2 with a fee. Non exportable songs included Enter Sandman, Paranoid and others.

Well with RB2 it was "almost all". That's a bit more than "Some"
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:02 pm

From the last i read they are working on licensing. So basically GH Metallica might become importable. It's the same thing that the people over harmonix had to do before they could get the songs imported. That is part of the reason you couldn't export some songs. i cost big $$$ to do that kind of stuff. i also imagine that they will sell import keys, just like RB, but per game (i.e. $8.99 for GHWT export key, $5.99 for GHSH export key). Hopefully they get a majority of the songs relicensed.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Postby omfgdrphl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Too bad WT and SH sucked. D:
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:59 pm

it's not like there's a single song worth playing from those two games with those disgusting charts
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Always So Negative
RealCheese

Postby RealCheese » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:22 pm

megasxlrsebas2 wrote:Well, it wasn´t so different with RB2 neighter.

And one other... not others. I'm sure only half of the songs will be exportable. Guitar Hero will never be even close to comparable to Rock Band no matter what Neversoft does. The charting is that bad.
NBSRDan

Postby NBSRDan » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:34 pm

Oh, you mean like what should've been the case with World Tour and Legends of Rock?

Return to “Other Music Games”