DJ Hero doesn't look that bad

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 13 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Re: DJ Hero doesn't look that bad

Postby death_au » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:31 am

In my honest opinion, the game itself looks fun... But I don't think I'd be able to stand the music. I probably won't be getting this.
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:05 am

I think it looks awesome. I plan on buying it.. :P also, everybody saying "LOLZ SCRATCH WILL BE BETTER!!!11ONE", why? I have yet to see anybody who says that in any thread actually explain WHY scratch will be better, short of an implied "well, it's not activision and every game activision makes is absolute sh*t so scratch has to be better!!!".
Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
WhatIsThisIDon'tEven
Davidrawr

Postby Davidrawr » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:58 pm

Nathaniel607 wrote:
Spikehead777 wrote:Oh man, I am so buying this game now.

Not for me, but for someone else that seriously wants it, as a Christmas present. I could care less, I play Super Mario War now mainly. =P I'd rather play Guitar Hero. XD Now if I could figure out how to record Stereo Mix without going deaf as a result...

What?

Spikehead777 wrote: I could care less, I play Super Mario War now mainly.

Whaa??

Spikehead777 wrote:I could care less

FUUUUUUUUUUUU---

Sorry, this is one of my grammar-nazi starters.

YOU COULD CARE LESS?!?!?

It's I COULDN'T care less!

If you COULD care less, so what? Oh, my mothers dying; I could care less, oh, my books aren't in alphabetical order; I could care less.

It means nothing.

Again, lol, apologies.

On-topic, try John Petrucci and Mike Portnoy. lol wrong topic.

I won't like this. I hate techno, well, most techno, so yeah.

Glad there's someone out there who noticed this as well... Everytime I see 'I could care less' I cringe >.<

It's 'I couldn't care less' as in 'could not possibly care less about [subject] than I do now'.

Anyways, back on topic.. I doubt I'll be getting this plainly because it's going to pretty much be representative of a lot of the things I hate most in the musical world. I predict, however, that this might actually develop into a successful franchise because of the mass appeal amongst the more mainstream audience...
My song thread!
You can cut our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly.
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Postby jdawg » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:33 am

The only mix of two songs on DJ Hero i thought was cool, was H.O.V.A. and my name is.
Ions are here, amazang
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:27 am

ScrewAttack made an Out Of The Box out of an early copy of the game. Honestly, it looks really cool. Also, Daft Punk will be in the game as playable avatars. Friggin' sweet. See it at http://www.screwattack.com/OotB/DJ_Hero
incredibly
special jerry

Postby special jerry » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:08 pm

thanks for the info/links
interesting to see

now i've adda l0,0k, i could care less about it :wInk:
you.
aduro

Postby aduro » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:52 pm

daft punk is absolutely terrible. In the off chance that this game actually has enjoyable gameplay, that's definitely going to ruin it for me. The other mash ups look like they would sound so bad
2 + 2 = 5
MarvinPA

Postby MarvinPA » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:50 pm

Spikehead777 wrote:I could care less

FUUUUUUUUUUUU---

Sorry, this is one of my grammar-nazi starters.

YOU COULD CARE LESS?!?!?

It's I COULDN'T care less!

If you COULD care less, so what? Oh, my mothers dying; I could care less, oh, my books aren't in alphabetical order; I could care less.

It means nothing.

I like this guy.
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:45 pm

aduro wrote:daft punk is absolutely terrible

I beg to differ. I also think that their inclusion in this game single-handedly makes it a better product.
aduro

Postby aduro » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:57 pm

Take an obscure funk hit from the 70s, put robot voices over it, and rerelease it as fine french electronica

they are a bad band
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:52 pm

aduro wrote:Take an obscure funk hit from the 70s, put robot voices over it, and rerelease it as fine french electronica

they are a bad band

Way to reduce Daft Punk to a single album, and way to imply that sampling old songs is not a standard practice in the whole genre.
aduro

Postby aduro » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:27 pm

I'm pretty sure any song in these games is going to be their most popular songs, which are the ones I'm referring to

There's a blatant obvious difference between sampling and stealing music. Incorporating sections of songs to make something new is sampling, taking the entirety of a song and claiming it as your own is stealing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3AKrwna2C8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVVfZAZdIUs
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:49 pm

aduro wrote:Incorporating sections of songs to make something new is sampling, taking the entirety of a song and claiming it as your own is stealing

Of course. Good thing that Daft Punk has never done that. All the samples are acknowledged on the booklet of Discovery, and that is what they are, samples. Part of something else re-converted and reworked into a new song. Stealing a song would be making a copy, identical in both structure and content to the original. I see none of that in Daft Punk. What I see is, in some, an improvement of the original and in others, a mere starting point or inspiration for something more grandiose. I think the difference is obvious and considering it stealing is ridiculous.
aduro

Postby aduro » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:01 pm

There is no new song, it's the old song with robot voices over it. It's even more shameful than when eminem raps over "crazy on you".

maybe you should "improve" your posting because it's always "reworked" from a mere starting point to something grandi gross
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:31 pm

So let me get this: Daft Punk take a 15 sample off a song, loop it, rework it, remix it, add vocals, change the structure, change the BPM, add new instruments, add vocals, somehow mix it all together in a continuous concept album and somehow it's still the same song and, more than that, "stealing", although royalties are being paid to the original artist? If you can't tell that "Cola Bottle Baby" and "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" are two very distinct songs, then I think something is wrong with your brain.

Also, there is much more to Daft Punk than Discovery, although it is undeniably my favorite Daft Punk album, and I think that reducing a band that was pretty much revolutionary to a simple DJ is insulting and makes little sense. Can you really argue that Daft Punk has had no impact or that they have no original material? I mean, Daft Punk gets **** all the time because they used a lot of samples on Discovery, that is pretty much their masterpiece, but damn, pretty much everyone else did it and it was never an issue. Sampling has been around since the 80's, and although legally it has always been a grey area, you can't really claim that it hasn't become a standard, especially with Electronic and Hip-Hop in general. I think that someone that fails to see that a remix or reworking of a song can make it completely distinct from the original, and in some cases, even enhance it, has a very closed musical mentality. And Daft Punk makes much more than this.

Return to “Other Music Games”