GHWT PC

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 12 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Hiasl

Re: GHWT PC

Postby Hiasl » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:47 am

Is it possible to play World Tour PC on your keyboard or do I need a Guitar Controller?
Master of Randomage
E_net4

Postby E_net4 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:25 am

I got the game a few days ago, and I'm really satisfied. :D
Just something you might want to know here:

- You can play guitar, bass and drums with the keyboard. With the guitar controller you can't play drums (sounds obvious alright).
- If you press start with the keyboard (before the menu pops up), the keyboard is selected as the main controller. Press a key on the guitar instead to select that. The main controller can navigate through the menus.
- My laptop has a dual core 2.16 GHz and a GeForce 9200M. It plays just fine on minimum resolution and quality while it's not too hot.
- You can turn crowd and high quality mode on or off. To select physics on, the high quality mode has to be on as well.
- The guitar controller in the PC guitar solo pack is the same model as for the platforms X360 and PS3, AFAIK.
- You can build up to 20 custom rockers.
- The head to head modes are just awesome. My cousin came home with a USB keyboard, so I played the guitar while he played FOF style with the keyboard.
- Just get the game, damn it!
I don't make, I create
Master of Randomage
E_net4

Postby E_net4 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:43 pm

There is one problem, unfortunately. So far I've been unable to find ANYONE to play online. My account is completely fine and I can check other players and myself on the leaderboards, but there's always no one playing online. Whether this is a bug or not, assistance is requested from those who managed to play online on the PC.
I don't make, I create
MasteromaN

Postby MasteromaN » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:11 am

Yeah that sucks. I think Aspyr will do something about it when the game will be released in USA. What I find stupid too is when you FC a song in Hard as a 1st score you can easily be in the top of the leaderboard, but if you do the same song in Expert and have 3 stars this time, you just can have only one score in the leaderboard. So instead of being number 1 in Hard, you can be number 50 in Expert, for example.
Master of Randomage
E_net4

Postby E_net4 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:34 am

MasteromaN wrote:Yeah that sucks. I think Aspyr will do something about it when the game will be released in USA. What I find stupid too is when you FC a song in Hard as a 1st score you can easily be in the top of the leaderboard, but if you do the same song in Expert and have 3 stars this time, you just can have only one score in the leaderboard. So instead of being number 1 in Hard, you can be number 50 in Expert, for example.
I actually don't understand the ranking methods they are using right now. There are some players who get a good ranking even without having a higher score. Me and my cousing played a guitar co-op on expert and had quite a low ranking. There was even a group of guys that had played on medium, had a lower score, yet they were in the top 10. It's simply unexplainable!
I don't make, I create
MasteromaN

Postby MasteromaN » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:21 pm

For the rank it's based on money you earn. If you only earn 100$ on a song where a FC gives 1000$, but if you do that song, thousands of times, you'll earn more money, so people who earn a little but play all the time would maybe be higher than those who FC a few songs only once.
titlets

Postby titlets » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:03 am

thx you ขอบใจมากครับป๋ม(thailind)
Master of Randomage
E_net4

Postby E_net4 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:55 am

MasteromaN wrote:For the rank it's based on money you earn. If you only earn 100$ on a song where a FC gives 1000$, but if you do that song, thousands of times, you'll earn more money, so people who earn a little but play all the time would maybe be higher than those who FC a few songs only once.
So that means the ranking is based on the money you accumulate by playing that song? That explains everything. :cool:
I don't make, I create
chester

Postby chester » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:43 am

I know I can't post it here, but I don't know where to post it either.
So, please help me......

I get an error message saying "Error2350.FDI server error", during the installation.
What do I do?
MasteromaN

Postby MasteromaN » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:10 am

Did you try Google ? The problem doesn't seem to be GHWT related but Windows.
chester

Postby chester » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:12 am

I tried the download on that "Windows" page, but in vain.

Thanks for the links and help. Any other way to work it out?
MasteromaN

Postby MasteromaN » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:29 am

And can't you try to copy files on your HDD and install from there ? Or make an image of your DVD then emulate it ?
chester

Postby chester » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:31 am

I've tried that already. The disc runs fine on my friend's PC. I tried to make an ISO of it using his drive, but it still doesn't work. Checked the RAM and all too.

My system specification:
Core2Duo E 7200 @2.53 GHz,
2 GB DDR2 RAM,
nVidia GeForce 9500GT and a 320Gb HDD.

So it's certainly not an issue regarding System specs etc.

Can I try anything else?
Master of Randomage
E_net4

Postby E_net4 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:40 pm

Unfortunately, I don't know any other solution for that than reinstalling Windows. Or you could install another Windows or Mac OS in a new partition or hard drive and try the game on that.
I don't make, I create
chester

Postby chester » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:02 am

Thanks, I managed to dual boot Vista and XP (I actually did that a long time ago, so I know the procedure). It worked on XP Pro SP3.
Thanks again....... :2thumbsup:

Return to “Other Music Games”