YouTube copyright issues

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 15 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
That one guy
ghfan

YouTube copyright issues

Postby ghfan » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:18 pm

Okay, so anyone in the Youtube world lately have noticed how many videos have suddenly been muted or deleted from Youtube. This has even resulted in the account deletion of some of the most popular gamers on YouTube. Now I've actually suffered from this- my One 4-star was muted immediately after upload. Most other GH/RB forums have topics to discuss this and how to prevent deletion, so I'm starting one here.

So, I guess- Discuss away!
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: YouTube copyright issues

Postby raynebc » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:46 pm

Not necessarily in the right subforum, but Youtube has to cover their a** to prevent getting sued. Your only options are to try to fool their filters (avoiding certain tags, artist names or song names unless you obfuscate them) or to use another video host.
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Postby jdawg » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:06 pm

Yeah i had a video of my appocalypse on fof and they said the owners of the copyrighted song took it down.

damn lars ulrich.
Ions are here, amazang
The one and only
1Eddy213

Postby 1Eddy213 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:44 pm

any other good non-annoying hosting sites?

ImageImage
nefarious

Postby nefarious » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:22 am

artist are not even involved in this; they are actually pissed as everyone else since WMG (Warner Music Group) has even muted some their own artist videos. I hear it was a battle between Google and WMG that ultimately turned into this mess on Youtube.

I had all my vids muted but just removed them all.
My Guitar Hero: On Tour Rips
New ones: Here
re-synced song.ogg's thanks to Moonflow43
lino4

Postby lino4 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:43 am

raynebc wrote:It's the artist's right to have it taken down. If you went to the enormous amount of work to commercially release music, you'd want to protect your work as well.

It's not a matter of protecting your work. Someone playing your song on GH/RB isn't hurting your profits, contrary to what the RIAA will tell you.

I remember a time when copyright infringement was all about claiming someone else's work as your own. Now it's about usage policy. Soon they're gonna try and charge for membership on Youtube, just watch.
Lazers. I'ma chargin them.
skwissgaar my (god)
gen_codehazzard

Postby gen_codehazzard » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:01 pm

um thats bull unless your calling there work your own then they shouldn't be allowed to do anything about it beside`s the songs are paid for why do they care there getting there props just like everyone else i suggest mega video site they shouldn't do to much about it as long as you dont try calling it your (which is truly impossible)
stop
quakegod667

Postby quakegod667 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:55 pm

gen_codehazzard wrote:That is not right. Youtube should not be allowed to do that unless the uploader is calling the copyrighted material his or her own. The songs technically require that the person own the cd with those songs (or an mp3) to use the songs in any video. Youtube is getting recognized just like anybody else (?). I suggest using MegaVideo as they do not have such harsh policies just as long as you do not claimed the copyrighted material as your own, which is virtually impossible.

Yeah... but MegaVideo SUCKS. It's operated by the people behind Megaupload, which means they are constantly goading you to purchase Premium access to MegaVideo and generally treat the freebies like sh*t with loads of limits, whereas YouTube is entirely free, but has strict limits. It is entirely fine for YouTube to take down copyrighted content if the actual owners of the content request it. The trick is to use different tags and titles so that a word does not trip the copyright limits.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:21 pm

putfile.com should be fine, though it's a bit of a pain to make an account
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:05 pm

I'll rephrase my previous statement:

A song's owner has the right to have it taken down and to specify where it will be used.

And even if you own a copy of the CD a song is on, you are not given the right to redistribute it ANYWHERE, including on video websites.
stop
quakegod667

Postby quakegod667 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:13 pm

Right. But strangely enough none of the actual videos that have the song and the album art have been paid attention to. If YouTube wants to start cracking down on usage policy, I'd say they have a lot bigger fish to fry than Guitar Hero or FoF runs.

And... how exactly does this topic fit into the Other Music Games thread?
skwissgaar my (god)
gen_codehazzard

Postby gen_codehazzard » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:42 pm

raynebc wrote:I'll rephrase my previous statement:

A song's owner has the right to have it taken down and to specify where it will be used.

And even if you own a copy of the CD a song is on, you are not given the right to redistribute it ANYWHERE, including on video websites.

ok if they really wanted to start doing all that then myspace google yahoo fretsonfire guitar hero rockband are all redistributed
music all over the plaice and not to mention there rights and laws of copyright need to be reworked because there so many ways of gettting songs p2p`s wave recording i mean how can you really stop them you would have to get rid of everything the whole internet would be useless so it makes no since and therefore puting copyrights on everything is pretty much a waste of money because if ti wasn't then rock band wouldn't have been made dou to guitar hero makeing the ideal first but all this is IMO really
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:42 pm

quakegod667 wrote:And... how exactly does this topic fit into the Other Music Games thread?

Because it's more a GH/RB/RR problem than FOF.
Nicknamed Shamrock
Kermit4Prez

Postby Kermit4Prez » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:01 pm

then rock band wouldn't have been made dou to guitar hero makeing the ideal first but all this is IMO really

A. Konami made the first guitar based rhythm game, and IS suing Rock Band and Guitar Hero
B. Harmonix made the first two Guitar Heroes

Spoiler:

It's not a real goose, it's only a picture of one.

Return to “Other Music Games”