FOF-Live (The Online Playing Experience)

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.

What's your opinion?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Acedia Go F*!& yourself, we don't need you to do Online-Multiplayer for us.
11%
Acedia, I'm sorry, please continue doing this for us.
89%

Total votes: 18
Official Developer!!
Acedia

Re: FOF: Online WIP

Postby Acedia » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:05 am

Yeah I'm still alive, I just decided, to keep this thread alive, I've slowed down on my coding though, i have finals next week, I just upgraded my computer to the new I7 intel chip, I just got burnt out, but it's still happening, I had to recode alot of the code that i had already, due to not having the FOF:Online theme already, so i'm using the RB theme, and throwing it together for the beta, however the Networking code is about to get started on, which is the biggest headache with this project, especially with all the features that all the other memeber wants, Anyways keep rockin on

There will be a beta release for testing, as I can only test so much with a local lan. I don't intend to be on the defensive, I do like to work at my own pace, and i don't like it when others are not at my pace (really slow) are well above the pace that I want to be moving at that time. I like what i do, I feel that i do it well, when it's all said and done everyone will enjoy. I'm not trying to make a big deal out of the whole situation, I mean in the begining i was, but now it's underway, and i dont' have anybody naggy me, taking time away to explain to others that "this is the way it's going to be coded, this is when this will be done, etc..."
I don't want to seem like an :cursing: but it's hard to do what others expect (I know that sounds weird), especially when the expectations are so high. People think that it's so hard, that it can't be done, but when someone decides to do something that is as hard as this, they expect that it's done right then and there.
There have been several attempts at making this, and making it work, and being on this project for about a month now, I can see why the others died out, the expectations of them are higher than they need to be, I understand that Online play is a huge step for FOF. As far as doing this project for me, I want to meet the challenge, and complete it. However even if i wanted help from others, how can i trust the fact that the others even know what there doing, I mean, if they are good enough to do it in the first place, why don't they continue what they started before. This is long process, I'm not complaining, but i'm tired of the whining, :cursing: , and moaning
Official Developer!!
Acedia

Postby Acedia » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:25 am

I was working on the Neworking class for this project, along side the Player class, and I thought of a really ingenious way to get Online Multiplayer working really fast :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
I'm currently waiting for a response back from a contact that I have, to see if this idea is worth stopping the current project, and starting with the new idea. This new idea will get a Working Implemtation of Online Support for FOF sooner than the May 2009 beta release maybe even a full scale beta release by the middle of march :cool: . However none of the Features requested will be available, that means no Friends, No Recent Players, no internal support for guitars, and drums, Song sharing is a possibilty, but not likely. It would just be an-add on to your current version of FOFix.
If the new project is started and completed, it will be maintained, but this project will go on, no need to worry about not having some of the cool features requested by the members of FOF.

EDITED(FEB 24 2009)
*I will be a releasing a simple exe in a couple of days. This program checks to see if you can connect to the Central Server, and displays a message box stating that you can or cannot connect to the central server. I would like it if anyone that downloads this program tells me whether they can or cannot with the specific message in the Message Box. or any bugs that arise.
cheezcake

Postby cheezcake » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:10 am

Well good luck Acedia
even though u probably don remmber me :P
Due to the confusion from too many genres of music, we have decided to put both country music and rap music into the genre of Crap music
Official Developer!!
Acedia

Postby Acedia » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:29 am

I remember you, havent' seen you in a bit, where have you been?

I've implemented some of my networking code into an exe program, this program will check to see if you are able to connect to the Central Server, I need beta testers. This will only be available for window users at the moment. If you would like to beta test the software with me, I will be testing with others for about 3 hours this weekend, to get feedback on the software. The Central Server will be on all weekend, so that you can test your settings and what not. This program is a simple handshake across the internet, When connected to the central server the Program will tell you, It will also tell your ExternalIP address, and Your Lan Address. This program is not compatiable with IPv6 networks, however if you have a IPv6 it's not to say that you cannot use FOF:Online.
This is just a simple program, so that I can test the internet connection to the Central server. And get feedback from all users that use the program of reliablility issues, resource issues, and anybugs that may arise in early alpha testing. If Your intrested I will post the exe file here on Friday after noon. :2thumbsup:

Edited - Feb26 12:21 am - I have the exe program done now, just updating - If you decide to be a beta tester this weekend, there will be live-up updating as I fix the code. All testing will be done this weekend to fix the kinks in the Server this weekend. The Client is done, but will be fixed Live! Anyways post of the exe soon.
#3 Pro Speed Fretter
Razlo7

Postby Razlo7 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:02 am

Cool! I'd love to beta/alpha test this if that's ok! :2thumbsup:
Starting fresh. (:
COBHATECREW419
Super_Crazy_Dude

Postby Super_Crazy_Dude » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:44 am

Nice!! :thumbup:
CHILDREN OF BODOM!!!!!!! OWNS!!!!!!
Official Developer!!
Acedia

Postby Acedia » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:00 am

I started on this so that people with doubts would finally get the hint, that I know what i'm doing, People wanted to see something, here's that something.
The UI is done, I'll post The EXE tommorrow after my finals :2thumbsup: During the live beta testing, I will be implimenting a chat client into the client for you guys live, this program will be fully upgradeable via the Central server.
What's my age again?
KTownEgghead

Postby KTownEgghead » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:09 am

I'm in for testing. Finally, something to work with :D Even though it isn't a big thing yet... it's progress.
dance along the fault line; feel the shaking in your bones,
lose the tension in my throat, and live for something.
Official Developer!!
Acedia

Postby Acedia » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:43 am

Here's Alittle taste for tommorrow.

Spoiler:Image

I'm out for the night, gotta get some sleep from dem finals. Keep Rockin On :thumbup:
cheezcake

Postby cheezcake » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:34 am

Awesome :2thumbsup:
If the connection generally works for everyone its gonna be a huge step, sux that i live in Australia though FOF isnt very big around here :sad:
Due to the confusion from too many genres of music, we have decided to put both country music and rap music into the genre of Crap music
life is so deep
JanZuKa

Postby JanZuKa » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:29 am

I can test aswell. My computer isn't in proper condition, so it might give some errors etc. that you could check out
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:55 am

I will test aswell. i offer way back in a earlier post to beta test it. Is it a LAN thing right now or is it full on internet connection and will the rockband or Guitar hero guitar for ps3 work
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Official Developer!!
Acedia

Postby Acedia » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:08 pm

It will be like a rock-band GH thing, internet baby, You will be able to connect to the Central server, Which is going to be somewhere on the internet
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:56 pm

I'll be willing to help test this. I've got nothing better to do with my time.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
zidine100

Postby zidine100 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:57 pm

Im ready and willing to test this.

just to clarify are we compiling this and you giving out the code or are you compiling this and giving us an exe.

Return to “Other Music Games”