New domain! FretsOnFire.org

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
This topic is 5 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
sandsoles16

Re: New domain! FretsOnFire.org

Postby sandsoles16 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:22 am

TheFalconZ wrote:It seems the redirect is not working anymore, I had a little hard attack seeing the forum turned into a (spam) slots site. But after a quick search, I discovered that my link was actually the .net domain.

All that to say: the redirect doesn't work anymore.

Yeah, like I said above, it's really sad
Last edited by sandsoles16 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
1200+ Sygenysongs
BombDude24

Postby BombDude24 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:23 pm

The redirect was likely only for when we still had the old domain name, but now that we don't, the original hosts changed the site so there's no redirect.
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:00 pm

BombDude24 wrote:The redirect was likely only for when we still had the old domain name, but now that we don't, the original hosts changed the site so there's no redirect.

Correct. The domain owner pointed fretsonfire.net to a place we can't access so we can't setup any redirects on there anymore. Like nwru said, it was expected even if we hoped it would be a bit longer before the old domain's owner "kicked us out". But we worked hard with nwru (and you guys!) to make sure that we would still come up strong in Google results and I believe we did a decent job on that :thumbup:

If you notice any broken links to the old place we'd appreciate if you fixed it if you can or just bring it to our attention so maybe we can try and do it.

Thanks!
Linkid

Postby Linkid » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:01 am

Hi.

Thanks for this news. I changed links in the FoFiX project (github & doc) to match the right URL :).
rambomhtri

Postby rambomhtri » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:26 am

Wow, I've been for 1 whole week believing that you guys force closed suddenly the site without any explanation. Thanks God it's just a domain movement.

Couldn't you guys send us an email so we know you changed the domain?

I tried to look for an explanation in Twitter or Facebook but couldn't find anything, so I though this was done forever. :unsure:

How did all the other people noticed the domain change?
Last edited by rambomhtri on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
ONAONEMEU

Postby ONAONEMEU » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:34 pm

rambomhtri wrote:Wow, I've been for 1 whole week believing that you guys force closed suddenly the site without any explanation. Thanks God it's just a domain movement.

Couldn't you guys send us an email so we know you changed the domain?

I tried to look for an explanation in Twitter or Facebook but couldn't find anything, so I though this was done forever. :unsure:

How did all the other people noticed the domain change?

for a few days fretsonfire.net would redirect to the .org domain,but then that (spam) site removed everything related to fof.net
Song Reupload Thread (Will be deleted by MEGA on 2022-01-26. "Thanks" again fortumo)
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:37 pm

rambomhtri wrote:Couldn't you guys send us an email so we know you changed the domain?

I believe we sent emails a few weeks ago but they might have gone to spam or something.
I'll see if we can do a round 2!
rambomhtri

Postby rambomhtri » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:49 am

raph666 wrote:
rambomhtri wrote:Couldn't you guys send us an email so we know you changed the domain?

I believe we sent emails a few weeks ago but they might have gone to spam or something.
I'll see if we can do a round 2!

Thank you. I receive email from here many times, saying that a topic I'm subscribed to has new replies, so I'm quite sure I didn't receive one.
Just 4 Fun babes :*
diegospbr

Postby diegospbr » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:33 am

got a little heart attack when FretsOnFire.net get down... opening the wiki page i found the new domain!!
SeiferLeonheart

Postby SeiferLeonheart » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:25 pm

OMG, guys, don't scare me like that. Just got a new set of drums, since I've trashed mine last year, got online to get a few songs and fretsonfire.net is just a huge ad.

Thanks for your hard work over the years, and best of luck with the new projects! A song database would be a dream come true, lol.
Addicted to memes
MetalMuxxer

Postby MetalMuxxer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:17 am

Cool, when I searched for fretsonfire.net and saw that the page didn't existed anymore my heart stopped beating for a second. I'm looking forward to the future of the page now, and I hope to get back to charting soon, I've been doing lots of stuff lately and I haven't got much time to chart stuff.
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:47 pm

rambomhtri wrote:Thank you. I receive email from here many times, saying that a topic I'm subscribed to has new replies, so I'm quite sure I didn't receive one.

I tried sending a mail to all members but I'm not sure it went through. I know I received it but I'm somewhat at the beginning of that list so I don't know. I'd be curious to know if other people did. Funny how it's not as easy as you'd think to send emails to 150,000 recipients :tongue:

---- EDIT ----

Okay, I did a 2nd round and it seems it went through. I forgot to include an unsubscribe option to the mail. So if you want to be removed from that list simply reply to the mail and I will do that for you. Sorry about that.
Last edited by raph666 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GFX Designer
SpanishGamer911

Postby SpanishGamer911 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:39 pm

raph666 wrote:
rambomhtri wrote:Thank you. I receive email from here many times, saying that a topic I'm subscribed to has new replies, so I'm quite sure I didn't receive one.

I tried sending a mail to all members but I'm not sure it went through. I know I received it but I'm somewhat at the beginning of that list so I don't know. I'd be curious to know if other people did. Funny how it's not as easy as you'd think to send emails to 150,000 recipients :tongue:

---- EDIT ----

Okay, I did a 2nd round and it seems it went through. I forgot to include an unsubscribe option to the mail. So if you want to be removed from that list simply reply to the mail and I will do that for you. Sorry about that.

I'm here cause of that email! Glad i got it the 2nd time around, hope to see this more active & way more updated links! :D
techjunkie

Postby techjunkie » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:17 pm

raph666 wrote:

---- EDIT ----

Thanks , I was very happy to get your email, I thought frets on fire was long dead and buried many many years ago.
Glad to see you back! :thumbup:
XAOS-Eric

Postby XAOS-Eric » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:37 am

Hmm... to integrate the new FoF Song Database Engine into the website :thinking:

Return to “Forum Talk”