New domain! FretsOnFire.org

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
This topic is 5 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Re: New domain! FretsOnFire.org

Postby raph666 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:29 pm

Yeah we noticed the fake website and I actually talked with the guy. To be honest, I told him to do whatever he wants. The old domain's presence on Google as sunk a whole lot after we left with all the content. Plus the last email "campaign" reached a lot of people. It's sad but I just hope not too many people will get here after giving them their email.

I don't want to get in a fight with the old domain owner. He's into sketchy business and it would not be his first time dealing with the law. I'm not sure he cares that much. I still reported them for phishing to godaddy where the domain is registered and to internet vikings' abuse where they're hosting that website but I didn't get any response since.

If you want, you can do the same here:
https://supportcenter.godaddy.com/abusereport
[email protected]
Who knows, if there are enough complaints they might take it down.

---- EDIT ----
Good news, it seems they took the webpage down. Don't know if it's from complaints or from good will but I'm happy with the results :)
Last edited by raph666 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Femme Fair Gamer
sweetladyamy

Postby sweetladyamy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:37 am

raph666 wrote:Good news, it seems they took the webpage down. Don't know if it's from complaints or from good will but I'm happy with the results :)

HELL YEAH!

Tally another on the board for equality and reputability! It's another step forward, that's for sure. :thumbup:
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Guitar Hero U.L.T.R.A. : Rockstar UNLEASHED!!!!

Seriously, go give it a looksy.
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:58 pm

The phishing side of the page is still up. The blurred out image of this website with the email prompt.

Using yet another burner email, it no longer redirects back to this site, but rather the (spam) sites it was originally after the switch.
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:03 pm

Metallicaholic666 wrote:The phishing side of the page is still up. The blurred out image of this website with the email prompt.

Using yet another burner email, it no longer redirects back to this site, but rather the (spam) sites it was originally after the switch.

You're right. The fake website only went down a few days before they put it back up. We can still try and report them but now that it doesn't redirect here it's not much phishing anymore. Wish we could do more but I don't know how necessary that is. Too bad the memory we have from that domain name are stained by that kind of crap.
Femme Fair Gamer
sweetladyamy

Postby sweetladyamy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:24 am

Naaaah, dammit...

So much for reputability...
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Guitar Hero U.L.T.R.A. : Rockstar UNLEASHED!!!!

Seriously, go give it a looksy.
therizinosaurphase

Postby therizinosaurphase » Sat May 26, 2018 8:15 am

raph666 wrote:
Metallicaholic666 wrote:The phishing side of the page is still up. The blurred out image of this website with the email prompt.

You're right. The fake website only went down a few days before they put it back up. We can still try and report them but now that it doesn't redirect here it's not much phishing anymore. Wish we could do more but I don't know how necessary that is. Too bad the memory we have from that domain name are stained by that kind of crap.

Aaaaaaaaaand I got fooled and punched in my email address...
LongTimeGoner
PiXeLaDo

Postby PiXeLaDo » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:25 pm

I nearly started crying when I saw what happened to .net
I was totally unaware of this domain switch. It didn't help that the email signed up with was abandoned as well haha. Oh well.

Hopefully not that many people fell for the box that asks for your email. Now if y'all excuse me, I'll go to bluzer's thread to get me some RB tunes :D
MsterSimprFi420

Postby MsterSimprFi420 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:18 pm

im trying to find a link to a song thats trivium in waves i really want the link to the song. If u can help me please do thx.
Prev. Jrdnxxhero
jordandhale

Postby jordandhale » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:45 pm

I was actually pretty surprised when I tried to access the original domain today (for the first time in a long time) and it directed towards a spam site. Glad to see that the site is still up and running and some of the older, original members are still active in the community. Some of you might remember me by my old username, Jrdnxxhero.

Return to “Forum Talk”