Extreme lag when editing?

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
This topic is 7 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
AKA Super Blooper
AlexTaylor

Extreme lag when editing?

Postby AlexTaylor » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:29 pm

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I noticed that whenever I want to edit one of my threads, there is extreme lag.
I assume this has something to do with the huge amount of stuff that is in the post/thread (look at my RoF discog thread for example), because it only lags in the post box thing when typing, deleting, etc., and the rest of the screen is fine.

I can click "Preview" with no lag, and do just about anything else on the site, like checking messages, making a new post, etc., no lag at all.
As I said, it only lags when editing one of my threads, and it's only when I type/delete/edit anything in any way.

It's not my PC, it can run new games at max setting with max performance, and it's not my internet, because I can watch 1080p 60fps youtube videos with no issues.

It's not a big deal, it's just annoying and slow, and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this, specifically anyone with a lot of stuff in their thread(s) like me.
And is this something that is known/being looked into?
FrOoGle

Re: Extreme lag when editing?

Postby FrOoGle » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:50 pm

As odd as it may sound, try updating your thread with a different browser. It's next to impossible to update my thread while using google chrome, but it isn't with IE.
My Song Thread - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59701
FrOoGle HeRo I - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=628936#p628936
FrOoGle HeRo II (unfinished :C) - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=58720
FrOoGle HeRo III - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=637471#p637471
FrOoGle HeRo IV - viewtopic.php?f=17&p=638836
Bullet Train Blast - Nothing Remains (full album) - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=630599#p630599
Shadows Fall - Fire From the Sky (full album) - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59287&p=634454&hilit=Shadows+fall#p634454

Signature picture provided by The---Way
AKA Super Blooper
AlexTaylor

Postby AlexTaylor » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:27 pm

FrOoGle wrote:As odd as it may sound, try updating your thread with a different browser. It's next to impossible to update my thread while using google chrome, but it isn't with IE.

Unfortunately, that didn't work. I tried both Firefox and IE and they have the same problem. :(
The Avenger
Yhughu

Postby Yhughu » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:22 am

I think it indeed has to do with the sheer size of things, but I think large amounts of spoilers and video's don't help either... I have this problem with my main thread as well. But I think it is just a limit of the browsers themselves...
YeaaOhhh!!
siavash

Postby siavash » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:25 pm

I have the same problem too. I just copy the entire thread into a Notepad file and edit it there, and once it's done I paste it all back into the text box.

Return to “Forum Talk”