An inquiry about posting charts

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
This topic is 8 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Whitebreadone

An inquiry about posting charts

Postby Whitebreadone » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:35 am

I looked around in various threads and couldn't find a clear answer, so forgive me if it's around here somewhere and I missed it. I've charted on and off for GH since 07 and always used ScoreHero to post anything related to customs, but now SH is basically dead. I never really cared much about that since I mainly chart because I just really enjoy doing it so I still update my thread over there whenever I finish a song, but I would like to at least get some feedback on what I make and this it's much more lively here. This place is clearly FoF/PS related, but I was just wondering what the rules are on posting videos of GH charts, because I don't really intend to convert anything. Where would they go, or am I even allowed to post them?
"When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

My chart preview videos
The last forum user
Maupy2

Re: An inquiry about posting charts

Postby Maupy2 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:44 am

I suppose you can post them in the tune review section, but I doubt you'll get a lot of feedback; this community unfortunately doesn't often give feedback, especially when it's a video instead of a song we can download.
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
Whitebreadone

Postby Whitebreadone » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:52 am

Fair enough. It's really not THAT important to me that I get feedback, I'm content with what I make, but at least here they would get noticed by more people who would potentially be interested in playing them. Mainly I just wanted to know if it'd be okay to post non FoF/PS stuff.
"When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

My chart preview videos
wee little kid
m1999

Postby m1999 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:12 am

Should be okay, people used to post rb3cons here so I don't see why GH3 files shouldn't be allowed here as well
Whitebreadone

Postby Whitebreadone » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:33 am

Good to hear, I submitted a topic to tune review, so hopefully it gets approved. I'll just put a link to the videos as my sig I guess, but if my topic goes up then I'll be updating that. If you're curious, most of what I chart is S.S.H.

Edit: Err, I guess linking to my Youtube videos isn't allowed as a signature? Oh well if all goes well just check tune review.

My chart preview videos
The Avenger
Yhughu

Postby Yhughu » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:51 pm

it should be, I linked my channel as well in my sig...
Whitebreadone

Postby Whitebreadone » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:08 pm

That's kinda strange then, every time I try, I get a message saying it's too long, 0 characters allowed, and it gets marked as spam.

My chart preview videos
AKA Super Blooper
AlexTaylor

Postby AlexTaylor » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:08 pm

IIRC, you need 5 posts to add links to signatures.
This applies to posts with links as well. Once your post count hits 5, your linked posts won't need approved anymore.

EDIT: Your post count says 5 now, try it and it should work.
Whitebreadone

Postby Whitebreadone » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:20 pm

Ahaaa, that's what it was then, thanks! I was looking around for some kind of rules thread that would mention stuff like that, but no luck.

My chart preview videos

Return to “Forum Talk”