A forum survey

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
This topic is 8 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Comfort_Eagle

Re: A forum survey

Postby Comfort_Eagle » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:19 am

delete
Last edited by Comfort_Eagle on Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:46 am

The question now is how many trusted members can we gather to initiate a cleaning effort? This is far too much work for one or two of us to handle. However with enough help and support as a team we could have the tune posting section and the wiki cleaned to a decent amount. I will schedule a mini meeting with nwru to discuss this. Hopefully he accepts my proposal as a good idea and we can move forward. I would like to set a goal to have this forum new-member-ready by the time the new music games arrive this year. Reasoning is simple, the new games will draw attention to Frets on Fire once again. Dead links and messy wikis are turn offs for new members.
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:25 am

Btw, i'm seeing a minor problem with a wiki cleanup. A lot of songs are made for PS and some of them do not work for FoFiX. What do we do with those songs? Or should we make the wiki focus on PS, since fofix is pretty old and PS is getting more and more popular.
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
Comfort_Eagle

Postby Comfort_Eagle » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:58 am

delete
Last edited by Comfort_Eagle on Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~happy ice cream~
Kueller917

Postby Kueller917 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:20 am

Still using the default theme for no other reason than it was default. I haven't had an issue with it clearly but I don't think I've utilized the forum enough to have worthy opinions on its layout. I'm not very picky in that regard.

General forum content

What content do you find yourself visiting the most? (songs, themes, general topic chatter, ect)

Tune posting definitely.

What would you like to see more of? (or less of)

Activity, for the hard answer. I suppose more things to get the community going. More places for discussion. Even in the off topic section to get some other ideas out there, although too much of that can cause problems later on.

Do you feel the song section of the forum is currently organized, semi organized, or messy?

I think it's pretty messy. Abandonment has left quite a few dead links, and the amount of content that came in over the years can make searching tougher. Adding to that not much of a filter for poorly made freetar-level stuff.

How could the tune posting section be improved?

Also supporting a Wiki revamp, or some sort of database. Even in the days of higher activity that needed an update. More abstractly maybe just some guidelines for submissions for easy searchability.

Do you think a collection of high quality, full difficulty, separated stem audio(when possible), 100% legal custom songs would be a good idea?

I think this would be great. Even if the may not be the hit songs they would be perfect for videos or streams to show off the game without worrying about copyright issues.
Image Image
FrOoGle

Postby FrOoGle » Tue May 05, 2015 6:02 pm

Another problem I'd like to point out, is that people, mostly in bluzer's threads, do nothing but b*tch and moan about not having access to C3 multitracks. FoF has nothing to do with C3, and probably never will, so why would people talk about C3 on the FoF forum? And also, really, what do multitracks have to do with FoF? The point is, people keep spamming the sh*t out of bluzer's threads, and it's completely annoying and useless. That being said, I think that disscussing multitracks should be against the forum's rules, or, if it's already against the rules, then I think the Admins should be even stricter when it comes to bulls*it like that.
My Song Thread - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59701
FrOoGle HeRo I - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=628936#p628936
FrOoGle HeRo II (unfinished :C) - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=58720
FrOoGle HeRo III - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=637471#p637471
FrOoGle HeRo IV - viewtopic.php?f=17&p=638836
Bullet Train Blast - Nothing Remains (full album) - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=630599#p630599
Shadows Fall - Fire From the Sky (full album) - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59287&p=634454&hilit=Shadows+fall#p634454

Signature picture provided by The---Way
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Tue May 05, 2015 6:54 pm

Raw multi track sharing is not to be done on this forum. The other issue at hand is off topic posts and "derailing" of topics. This should be addressed by a simple warning to remain on topic within the thread. General ignoring of anyone off topic should also cool off the members quickly, but there are always those select few who don't understand when to move on.
FrOoGle

Postby FrOoGle » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:16 pm

To be honest, I think that being able to like posts would be pretty cool. It would be great for song threads/W.I.P song packs, stuff like that, in my opinion anyway. Not that it's neccesary, I just think it'd be cool.
Also, maybe a sub-board for charting stuff/ help? Again, not needed, but still, it would be cool.
Bullet Train Blast - Nothing Remains (full album) - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=630599#p630599
Shadows Fall - Fire From the Sky (full album) - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59287&p=634454&hilit=Shadows+fall#p634454

The Avenger
Yhughu

Postby Yhughu » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:04 am

FrOoGle wrote:To be honest, I think that being able to like posts would be pretty cool. It would be great for song threads/W.I.P song packs, stuff like that, in my opinion anyway. Not that it's neccesary, I just think it'd be cool.
Also, maybe a sub-board for charting stuff/ help? Again, not needed, but still, it would be cool.

Seems like a nice function indeed

All i really want to know is if it might be possible for nwru to make certain profiles mods. We have one moderator who isn't that active on here. But i'm sure that people like Maupy, Sygen, Froogle or even myself would like to help cleaning up the forums and replacing the stickies with useful stickies! And locking certain dead threads etc etc.
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:43 am

FrOoGle wrote:To be honest, I think that being able to like posts would be pretty cool. It would be great for song threads/W.I.P song packs, stuff like that, in my opinion anyway. Not that it's neccesary, I just think it'd be cool.

I think the "thank you" button feature previously discussed would be more effective than a like feature. Authoring support seems to fit well in the WIP section. Then again, tune review could be converted into a help section. It would widen the review aspect to include reviews of incomplete material.
1200+ Sygenysongs
BombDude24

Postby BombDude24 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:06 am

I've gone through the entire Tune Posting section before, picking up everything outside of single song threads, and I'm going through it again to pick up all of the individual songs this time, so I wouldn't mind going through and cleaning threads or whatnot. Thinking of doing the same thing for W.I.P., Tune Requests, and Tune Review, for anything salvageable, but that's in the grand scheme of things.

I feel like updating the stickies is mandatory at this point, some users have compiled a ton of up to date resources that I think should be more easily available. I also feel like this forum should "officially" recognize C3, http://db.customscreators.com/ , there's a ton of great stuff in the database that people request, non-stop, and most people don't even know that it's an option to get more songs from. In the same vain, maybe linking to Phase Shift, http://dwsk.proboards.com/ ; I know that this forum is dedicated to FoF, and content explicitly (more or less) for FoF, but I think that (I know, enough plugging PS, I got it) it's a much better alternative to FoF and FoFiX, in terms of how user-intuitive it is, and maximizing the amount of features and compatibility with content.

I think that the "thank you" or "like" feature is a good idea, as well, it should definitely be possible to give thanks to individual posts without making another.
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:36 pm

I started purging dead links from the "Drum Song Topic" sticky a while back. I believe I only made it to the A's though. If you would like, you could help in this process. Wiki access needs to be granted but I can ask nwru to set that up for you. Basically the plan is to remove all dead song links, then add all of the new drum songs to the table. It's a bit of a time consuming task but I figured since I have control of this sticky it could be a good starting place.
FrOoGle

Postby FrOoGle » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:51 pm

I have an idea. Instead of searching through hundreds of pages in tune posting for dead links, why doesn't somebody move all songs that were made up until a certain date to another (new) forum section?

Micicle

Postby Micicle » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:04 pm

Yhughu wrote:

Seems like a nice function indeed

All i really want to know is if it might be possible for nwru to make certain profiles mods. We have one moderator who isn't that active on here. But i'm sure that people like Maupy, Sygen, Froogle or even myself would like to help cleaning up the forums and replacing the stickies with useful stickies! And locking certain dead threads etc etc.

I agree with this, despite the fact that the forum is fairly dead we still need active moderators to ensure topics are being posted in the proper boards (Ive seen alot of WIP topics posted in Tune Posting) and to maintain the stickies

-- Edit: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:08 pm --

FrOoGle wrote:I have an idea. Instead of searching through hundreds of pages in tune posting for dead links, why doesn't somebody move all songs that were made up until a certain date to another (new) forum section?

Its a good idea but lots of songs posted more recently still have dead links and on the flip side while I was compiling the song pack/album lists I found a decent amount of old topics that still have working links.
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:32 pm

Just posting to say that some more ideas may trickle over to my other topic: viewtopic.php?t=59372

By the way, thanks to you all for the input! There's some great stuff in here.
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki

Return to “Forum Talk”