Phase Shift sub-forum?

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
Kassu

Phase Shift sub-forum?

Postby Kassu » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:06 am

Not sure if there is a thread about this topic (if there is please link!) but could it be possible that there would be a sub-forum for all the Phase Shift stuff? Because after all, this is FOF forum, not PS forum.

If someone has made a PS forum then please leave the link as a reply.

Why? Because the "Tune Posting" sub-forum has PS threads that are almost literally always on the front page. *coughbluzercough* (not that bluzer didn't do a good job, but hey)
Also due to the fact that you cannot play PS songs on FOF/FOFiX without separate editors.
Why is this a problem? Because most of these PS packs have many, many songs in them and it would be a pain to convert all of them.
Why don't you look if someone has converted them? Because not many people do that, and it also has to be done by a permission from the original creator.
Then why not download Phase Shift? It doesn't run on my computer very well, plus no Linux support without the use of Wine, what causes even more lag.
Why not try it on Windows? I have a dual-boot on my computer and yes, i tried it on Windows 7 and it didn't work for me.
Why? My computer sucks, that is why.
Why don't you buy a new computer? Only for PS?? No thanks.

I think i went far deep enough.
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Re: Phase Shift sub-forum?

Postby italianstal1ion » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:26 pm

Phase Shift has its own forums: http://dwsk.proboards.com/
Index of all Drum Topics on the Forum in one convenient place
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Drum project 9 Released!!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Spoiler:Image Feedback + EOF Pro Notation
Image Albelgim collaboration
If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:27 pm

You know... in most cases, PS songs will work in fofix (theres only one feature that PS supports that crashes fofix)... and honestly if someone would just fix the minor error that does crash fofix with those songs then the whole incompatibility issue wouldn't even exist..
Image Image
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:53 pm

There was a bug in FoF's/FoFiX's MIDI parser that bombed out when Sysex events were found. This was supposedly patched a year and a half ago, but I don't believe they ever released an alpha/beta version of FoFiX with this fix. FoFiX has more or less been a dead project for a long time.
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:17 pm

Locking this topic because the question has been answered. Feel free to carry on the more technical chat in Tech Support or Other Music Games :cool:
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki

Return to “Forum Talk”