Downtime

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
This topic is 11 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Downtime

Postby nwru » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:56 pm

Hey folks! Welcome back!

Sometime on Saturday the 7th, one of the forum tables became corrupt for no reason, taking the whole site down. I fought long and hard with our hoster's support, but they were ultimately useless. Unfortunately, the next most recent backup I made a week prior, on 3/31.

What was lost:
Only forum *posts* made between 3/31 and 4/7. I decided to leave the forum topics as-is, so there there may be a few empty topics and broken links. No private messages or user accounts were lost.

What you can do:
Please report if possible or reply here when you see those and we'll get it cleaned up.

The moral of this story:
GoDaddy hosting sucks! They're fine for little sites, but don't use them for anything you care about. :thumbdown:

fretsonfire.org lives on! :cool:
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
I have special eyes
Belisario93

Re: Downtime

Postby Belisario93 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:07 pm

Thank you nwru for taking time out of your personal life and making the effort to bring the forum back. Based on what I saw in the irc, it was no easy task I'm sure. Sucks that we lost some posts, and that some topics are broken, but that's sure better than nothing. :2thumbsup:

You're definitely a lot more prepared than most people would be. I'm sure if most anyone else was running this forum, we'd have lost months of posts rather than a week. Unless we just got lucky this time...

Again, great job!
dangit nobby
Prog on the rocks
narutostarwars123456

Postby narutostarwars123456 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:32 pm

For what had happened, it's incredible that a huge amount of the forum was saved. Some posts were reverted or gone, but nothing too dire. (There is still the "Request timed out" thing, not sure if it's just me)

Amazing job on your part nwru for getting the site back online and keeping tabs on it!
farottone

Postby farottone » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Thank you A LOT for your work. Having no FoF forum in the week end was horrible, it's great you salvaged so much of it.
C3 | Author • Share • Passion
back from the dead
thebocaj

Postby thebocaj » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:19 pm

Just thought I'd point this out, as I assume it's related in some way.
It's fine when I click on the Tune Request section itself, but it's just like this on the Home screen.
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
Classic Rock Fretter
oscarj08

Postby oscarj08 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:46 pm

narutostarwars123456 wrote:For what had happened, it's incredible that a huge amount of the forum was saved. Some posts were reverted or gone, but nothing too dire. (There is still the "Request timed out" thing, not sure if it's just me)

Amazing job on your part nwru for getting the site back online and keeping tabs on it!

request time out is for me too, always before post o preview topics, comments, messages i make a backup,
hope this get fixed.

===
amazing work nwru, thanks for replying my pms, i already reupdate and remade my reverted and lose posts
;;;( ° д°)
crossieh

Postby crossieh » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:17 pm

RIP my acc. thread. ffs.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:42 am

why would you HOST with godaddy? lol
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Classic Rock Fretter