Karma mod

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
This topic is 13 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Re: Karma mod

Postby dadudemandude » Sat May 08, 2010 8:44 am

All should be anonymous. If all the positives are anonymous, it's not hard to figure out who gave you negatives.
Ditto. I would much more appreciate a reason as to why Karma gets dropped or increased, than that I see who did it. If you see who did it, there will always be someone going like: "Rapt0r decreased my karma by one, DIEEEEEE!!" and in turn decrease the other's karma by one as a small revenge. That would make it inaccurate and it is just not nessecary.

Davey
What's my age again?
KTownEgghead

Postby KTownEgghead » Mon May 10, 2010 2:55 am

nwru wrote:
KTownEgghead wrote:OKAY, this is starting to **** me off.

Why the hell do I have negative karma? You guys don't even deserve to have such a good rep around here, seeing as half of you just **** around and don't really contribute. This is the gayest **** ever.

**** you all.

A pretty obvious attempt at trolling to just get your karma level pushed down. Here's a week-long ban to go with that. Don't cuss in my Forum Talk forum. :thumbdown:

As for others that are confused at their level, perhaps it would serve you well to look up what 'karma' means, hehe. It's not just a random word.

I'm sorry ruru :(
dance along the fault line; feel the shaking in your bones,
lose the tension in my throat, and live for something.
xbox360922

Postby xbox360922 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:16 am

So you guys are looking for something like:

Spoiler:Image

To see the karma that you've given/recieved?
Last edited by death_au on Thu May 13, 2010 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spoiler'd
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Wed May 12, 2010 6:02 pm

Pretty much. But nwru has the power to turn off comments and things like that. Besides, I don't think a lot of people would appreciate a revenge karma decrease, which is why we don't think it's a good idea. BTW, put the picture into a spoiler. My screen is stretched out all of the way.
Can we get this forum going again?
(0) <-- The Eye
angellinus

Postby angellinus » Wed May 12, 2010 10:34 pm

xbox360922 wrote:So you guys are looking for something like(IMAGE)
To see the karma that you've given/recieved?

Been thinking that idea since this karma mod started.....
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu May 20, 2010 11:10 pm

Does anyone else have the issue where there are a lot of people they haven't karma'd and are just waiting for them to do something stupid to lower theirs?

Oh, what a dilemma.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
WhatIsThisIDon'tEven
Davidrawr

Postby Davidrawr » Thu May 20, 2010 11:53 pm

Rapt0r wrote:Does anyone else have the issue where there are a lot of people they haven't karma'd and are just waiting for them to do something stupid to lower theirs?

Oh, what a dilemma.

There's a lot of people I haven't karma'd yet because I've yet to see anything from them that would justify an increase or a decrease.
My song thread!
You can cut our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Fri May 21, 2010 3:09 pm

Rapt0r wrote:Does anyone else have the issue where there are a lot of people they haven't karma'd and are just waiting for them to do something stupid to lower theirs?

Oh, what a dilemma.

Pretty much. I've pretty much started everyone off with a clean slate as far as my impression of them (reflected in the Karma). And for a few people I'm just holding off taking or giving Karma because I know in the future I'll end up lowering it, they just haven't given me a reason to do it yet. Then there's the few people who I feel deserve a Karma boost for some reason or another and I just haven't come across a post of theirs yet. Like I just gave Jama karma yesterday. It was nothing personal, I just haven't come across to many of his posts lately.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Postby dadudemandude » Fri May 21, 2010 5:55 pm

I experienced posts of many of the members here, and I give or reduce karma based on what I experienced of those members. You have members that would contribute in some way and do their best to fit into the community, which I would say is enough to give someone a thumbs up. People deserve a thumbs-down, however, if they get a high post count of which like 99% is useless or when they are being an **** and attack other members. I also will not be convinced by complaints about a member, unless I have seen proof of them.

Davey
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Fri May 21, 2010 11:09 pm

dadudemandude wrote:I experienced posts of many of the members here, and I give or reduce karma based on what I experienced of those members. You have members that would contribute in some way and do their best to fit into the community, which I would say is enough to give someone a thumbs up. People deserve a thumbs-down, however, if they get a high post count of which like 99% is useless or when they are being an **** and attack other members. I also will not be convinced by complaints about a member, unless I have seen proof of them.

Davey

thumbs up'd
bawwrrr.
Pk403

Postby Pk403 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:02 am

I really don't see the point in this... ever since I posted the paramore - brand new eyes vocal charts W.I.P thread, my karma has decreased by 4.. lol.. It's probably those people who sign up just to get songs and don't understand W.I.P, or it's KTown.
Pk403's Menu
-----------

(As of 15-6-10)

W.I.P
Paramore - Brand New Eyes - Expert Vocal Charts

-----------
-----------

-----------
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:54 pm

There is no point. It's all fun and games.

Spoiler:

You successfully decreased the karma of this user.

Return to the topic last visited

DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:12 pm

Is the limit -30? Both you and slashfan are tied.
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:19 pm

OzzyOzrock wrote:Is the limit -30? Both you and slashfan are tied.

no he's had 31 before, correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think there is a limit
Image Image
Image Image

Amak11 wrote:haha, if only you were of age
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:21 pm

Ah. Must've just been coincidental.
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.

Return to “Forum Talk”