Call for new forum moderators!

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
Maartah

Re: Call for new forum moderators!

Postby Maartah » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:17 am

Electro Tomato wrote:I'd think that an off-topic moderator would be nice.

That's an ungrateful job, cleaning all those spam in debating threads and such :laugh:

Ralph666 wrote:Also, if you mainly hang in one or two sections of the forums, nobody forces you to nominate someone as a global moderator. Instead, feel free to nominate someone who could be moderating these specific sections.

I'm not really sure if a lot of one-board-only mods would come in handy, but if the current mods think so, it might be an interesting experiment.
My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants
The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Postby dadudemandude » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:01 am

Are you saying this because you want to nominate yourself?
Did it ever happen that I do stuff purely for my own good, as in being selfish? I have nor time nor moderator experience so I wouldn't accept even if I was chosen, and secondly why would anyone consider me anyway in that same respect? Sorry for saying that, but I found the response rather rude compared to the intentions I had.

Anyway, I'm glad that first rule is gonna be removed later on, I don't like it when people choose based on someone else's choice rather than making their own, because that is just not the right way to choose.

Davey
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:48 am

i agree that an off topic mod is needed, since the current mods and admins usually don't hang out there much.

Maartah wrote:
Ralph666 wrote:Also, if you mainly hang in one or two sections of the forums, nobody forces you to nominate someone as a global moderator. Instead, feel free to nominate someone who could be moderating these specific sections.

I'm not really sure if a lot of one-board-only mods would come in handy, but if the current mods think so, it might be an interesting experiment.

uh, i don't think anyone said anything about a lot of one-board-only mods, but maybe a couple boards getting a specific mod. for example, i could see off topic (or the "other" sections) getting one specifically for it (them), since that is where a decent amount of spam congregates...
Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:44 pm

dadudemandude wrote:
Are you saying this because you want to nominate yourself?
Did it ever happen that I do stuff purely for my own good, as in being selfish? I have nor time nor moderator experience so I wouldn't accept even if I was chosen, and secondly why would anyone consider me anyway in that same respect? Sorry for saying that, but I found the response rather rude compared to the intentions I had.

It was a simple question concerning everybody as you're probably not the only who could have wanted to nominate his own self. It was not meant to be rude so please, on your side, do not assume concerning my intentions and don't overreact too much. If you have questions or comments addressed to me only, please use PMs.

dadudemandude wrote:Anyway, I'm glad that first rule is gonna be removed later on, I don't like it when people choose based on someone else's choice rather than making their own, because that is just not the right way to choose.

It is not an uncommon administration practice to forbid self-nomination. It really helps skimming the non-serious propositions and shows who really gets the boards support. But anyway, it is not stated anywhere in the original post that the person with the most votes will get the mod status. This topic was, and still is, a simple discussion thread made out of courtesy. The nomination process really wasn't mandatory.
The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Postby dadudemandude » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:18 pm

If that's the way you were going to, then I gladly apologize for the misunderstanding here. I did not know this was directed to anyone besides me as I was confused by the fact I got quoted. And nope, I was not overreacting there in any meant way, just showing why I have no reason to want to nominate myself due to earlier mentioned reason, but if I have any problems with you or anyone else I'll be sure to drop a PM.

Peace.

Davey
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:37 pm

List of nominations thus far compiled into once list.

Xbox360922
Tibiazak
Death_au
Kotti
Coronia
ryanpanties
JStump91
Lysdestic
azzco
Nobby76
Jrdnxxhero
MFH
Vedicardi
R4L
Rapt0r
Kekkimaru
Aduro
Puppetz
ItalianStallion
Tormann
Jama7301
MarvinPA
Dr.Phil
BSRaven
Akedrou
KTownEgghead
sonicandshadow97
Gerinych
acroxx
Kenshin
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:57 pm

Death_au for my vote.

If you do want to add more mods, I also nominate Lysdestic and kotti Jama7301
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Professional Stoner
Mistabone

Postby Mistabone » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:04 pm

I would have to nominate Puppetz. His influence to this game is unquestionable. A forum moderator would need to understand pretty much all aspects in order to fully live up to the responsibilities of the job. I think he would do a good job.

I haven't read most of the other posts so I dont really know who all has nominated who (or if Puppetz has even said anything regarding all this) but if I had to pick anyone it would be him. IMO, he is the most qualified for the job.
The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Postby dadudemandude » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:35 pm

I would have to nominate Puppetz. His influence to this game is unquestionable. A forum moderator would need to understand pretty much all aspects in order to fully live up to the responsibilities of the job. I think he would do a good job.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about Puppetz, but then again no one knows for how long he is going to be working on his PHZ pack, until that is done I think he is too busy to be moderating the forum.

Davey
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:53 pm

Seeing as how I've been nominated, I would just like to point out that no one sees more of off-topic than myself.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:55 pm

Death_au +1
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:55 pm

Rapt0r wrote:Seeing as how I've been nominated, I would just like to point out that no one sees more of off-topic than myself.

Even HE agrees with me.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Maartah

Postby Maartah » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:07 pm

dadudemandude wrote:
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about Puppetz, but then again no one knows for how long he is going to be working on his PHZ pack, until that is done I think he is too busy to be moderating the forum.

Davey

Most of PHZ is already fretted, he just releases em 1 at a time. And come on, being to busy fretting to mod a forum?
My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:07 pm

Lol for near constant lurking of the 3-4 forums I visit.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Always So Negative
RealCheese

Postby RealCheese » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:33 pm

death_au

Return to “Forum Talk”