How do you play expert?

For discussion of high scores and high score charts
This topic is 14 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
WhatIsThisIDon'tEven
Davidrawr

Re: How do you play expert?

Postby Davidrawr » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:42 am

Metallicaholic666 wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:I use my genitals.

you gotta teach me how to do that.

He didn't say what for.
My song thread!
You can cut our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly.
The Greatest Ever
hallo_frandz

Postby hallo_frandz » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:38 pm

The best advice I ever received came from Josh3d2004 "Hit more notes."
Obama sucks, Liberals suck, Metallica sucks, Avenged Sevenfold sucks, Nevermore sucks, I am greater than you. I will be more than you will ever think to be. I have more money than you. I am what you dream of being and what women dream of getting. I am the absolute single greatest thing ever. Just talking to me, your life seems to have a bit more meaning. Coheed & Cambria rocks, Buckethead rocks, Michael Angelo Batio rocks, Slayer Rocks, Megadeth is god, Neil Peart is god and Jimi Hendrix is the almighty god.
THE RiPPER
bluzer

Postby bluzer » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:42 am

went from medium, four fingers on F1 > F4 to expert, ~ > 4, still with four fingers.. index finger always is on ~ & 1, the rest sit on 2,3,4...a guitar control hurts my wrist.

btw, didn't read the rest of the thread.
Image .... Image

-=-=-=-=-=- Request Your RB Songs Here: Song Request Page! -=-=-=-=-=-

The Who - Behind Blue Eyes Hidden Rock Band Rip!(expert only, Puppetz Style Custom!)
Scrolling Lyrics Tutorial (Rockband Style) 4 MFH-Alarian Mod
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (links updated 10.12.09)
Guitar Hero: Metallica + DLC
Guitar Hero: Van Halen
Guitar Hero 5 DLC (incomplete)
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock: (for FoF / FoFiX / Phase Shift)
ALL Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock DLC Downloadable
Rock Band 3: (for FoF / FoFiX / Phase Shift)
Available as RB3 DLC:
~~Bon Jovi: Greatest Hits (Rock Band Edition)
~~The Bee Gee's 01 Track Pack
~~John Lennon's "Imagine" Album
~~Queen Extravaganza Pack
~~Queen RB3 Enhanced Pack
~~Billy Joel: The Hits (Rock Band Edition)
~~Johnny Cash 01 Track Pack
~~Dragonforce RB3 DLC Songs
~~Linkin Park 6 Pack
~~Ozzy 8-Pack
~~The Doors: Greatest Hits
~~Lady GaGa 02
~~Bruno Mars TP
~~Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood
~~Megadeth - Rust In Peace
~~Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm With the Chili Peppers
~~Foo Fighters Track Pack 02/03/04
~~Coldplay Collection 01
~~Nirvana 01/02 & Celebrating Nirvana TPs
~~Avenged Sevenfold 01 TPs +2
~~20 Single DLCs

All of the links under this button are dead, its here for an archived version of my old "sig"
Top 23rd negro
mechy

Postby mechy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:02 pm

Pick your song and choose the "Expert" difficulty. You are now playing Expert, Your welcome.
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:57 pm

ok. so what i do is get GH3 for PC, download a bot. make it play songs. memorise chart, learn real gutiar to make your hand faster... try expert. its easy now
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:31 am

Metallicaholic666 wrote:ok. so what i do is get GH3 for PC, download a bot. make it play songs. memorise chart, learn real gutiar to make your hand faster... try expert. its easy now

What?
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Mourningfall

Postby Mourningfall » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:16 am

mechy wrote:Pick your song and choose the "Expert" difficulty. You are now playing Expert, Your welcome.

The more I know.
ImageImage
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Postby Typhus » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:38 pm

mechy wrote:Pick your song and choose the "Expert" difficulty. You are now playing Expert, Your welcome.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! :laugh:

I thought the exact same thing while readind this thread tittle...

LOLOL!!!

Anyway, well, I'm a miserable expert player. But what I've done, in order to not be thrown out while playing expert charts, was lots, and lots, and lots of training on all other difficulties. I mean, I've must ended all GH and RB on easy several times, and then on medium and then on Hard. So yeah, it took me a lot of time until I was able to play expert.

But, like I've said, I'm a miserable player because there are still a lot of songs that I cannot play on expert. But now I spend a lot more time chating songs than actually playing.

Hasta!

Nothing for now...

Click Here -> Latest W.I.P. song is Ride The Sky by Helloween

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
death_au wrote:Power metal covers of pop songs = WIN
+ Frets on Fire = EPIC WIN. Thank you Typhus :thumbup:
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
DaBackStabber666 wrote:I love your frettings :D
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

My Song Thread [ALL DIFFICULTIES] | Alternative/Rock/Metal Genres
Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake -> FULL ALBUM
Lamb Of God - Sacrament -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Lamb Of God - Wrath -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.
Bye.
Twer

Postby Twer » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:56 am

When I was starting to play FoF two years ago, I quit it right after my first day playing it. I couldn't hit a single note. Few weeks after that, I started to play and play and play FoF, until I could hit the notes. Two weeks, and I already played on medium. Some months after that, I moved to play on expert.

Now, I can easily FC / get 90%+ on almost every song I play, it just takes loooong to get used to it.

By the way, get a X-Plorer guitar ( the XBox GH2 guitar ), it's a lot more fun to play with it, and you'll learn to get the 5th fret easily on that. When you use the guitar, you'll also learn to play Guitar Heroes and Rock Bands on the same time =)

Good luck and have fun with FoF
I'm in hibernation
porknchili

Postby porknchili » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:06 pm

I basically just went from GH2 to GH3 to GH3 again to RB1 to GH4 to GH3 to Rb1 to GHM to GH3 to RB2 to FoF to GH2 and Finally to FoF. <--- took 4 years to do all that and yes I had too much free time

Over that time I got increasingly better by beating the game each time on easy and medium first, then to expert only.

Now, Im easily one of the best players in FoF (if you dont believe me I got about 20 sightread fcs of extremely difficult songs and alot of crazy fcs on video) and I constantly keep improving my abilities through getting more hand speed and stamina.

In all just try and push yourself and you'll eventually get better and good enough to play expert easily.

Return to “High Score Discussion”