New WIP Chart - Very WIP

For discussion of high scores and high score charts
This topic is 15 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:30 pm

New chart location

Still very WIP

Okay so first things first, this is not a replacement for Divra's charts! The main idea I had with this was to implement basic features, a decent template and package it so that others can host a worldchart without any major issues. Although codewise it's quite messy at the moment that will be taken care off by time, same goes for layout. The idea is to take some of the burden from Divra's so that we don't over use the resources again. Divra's is the basicly THE worldcharts right now, I'm not saying that I want to change that I'm saying that a network with more servers is probably better. Maybe top 10 players and similar features can be shared between the servers?

Features:

• Guitar scores

• Thread link

• YouTube video link

• Download link

• CD & Tape label links (Going to host that on the site once I've figured out how to upload to the server but right now adding links is not a problem)

Not yet added features:

• Automated song uploading (had this running for a few hours then I kind of might have replaced the file =$)

• Replacing of scores (Yeah there can be 40 entries by the same user on a song. This needs to be changed and that quickly)

• Top 10 players (C'mon how hard can it be, you'll see this soon)

• Instruments other than guitar

• Percentage (I don't think that this is possible right now unless something is done with the client)

• Avarage multiplier (same as above)

• HOPO System used (Yet again same as above)

Yeah as I said above I will try to package this once it's neat, clean, sexy, and easy to set up. Right now the code is a bit messy (I had basicly never touched PHP/SQL/HTMl before this) but it will get cleaner by time, and so will the design. :D

I've gotten a ton of help from nwru (I think that he regrets the moment that he mentioned that he knew sql), and loads of pointers from raph.
Oh and thanks hedis and puluz for keeping the irc a nice place to be while coding, and for the testing (well mainly hedis on this part ;)) and thanks goes to marv as well for keeping me on track while trying to fret drums :D.

Anyways I will probably need some help with this project, and since this project is barely started I think that I will flush the scores in a few days, but not untill excesive abuse and testing. :p

Oops I kind of might have forgotten the link! xD
http://azzco.itrello.com/scores
Last edited by Azzco on Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Retired Fretter
tyros

Postby tyros » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:01 pm

divra and wembley set up a new charts now, check it out: http://wembley1967.com/chart/
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Soo.. Umm thanks for hi-jacking the thread?
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Puluz

Postby Puluz » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:37 am

/me admits nothing :)

oh yes, i still vote for the pink stars!
Last edited by Puluz on Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
hedis

Postby hedis » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:38 am

woo thread hi-jaking! what a lovely internet phenomenon! [/offtopic]

keep going with this, I'll try to get the logo fixed and as soon as I can and I'll also try to get thoose buttons done :)

oh and wooo! I'm making something a niceplace to be! :D
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:07 am

Hehe forgot to mention marvin in the post. kind of the first guy I started to talk to on the irc if I remember correct. Oh yeah I was fretting that day and doing the drums part. =D Kind of OT though :p
Although the irc was way more pleasent than I expected (comming from channels where you can ask a question and wait for 6 hours just to realize that there's no activity).

Yeah the graphics looks nice so far, thanks wildone. :D
Right now I really can't get the uploading to work properly, I'll ask Divra as a few on the irc said I should. :)
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:44 am

How do you upload the forum into your site? I use iTrello too. Anyway, your chart is awesome!(Already now this chart in MFH forum)
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:22 pm

Hmm I can't remember having had any problems uploading it.. just use the filemanager and the eholw phpbb forum structure in a archive, you can extract archives with the filemanager once they're up (I've only tried zips) Although you might need to request more filetypes with a support ticket or something. I've basicly just uploaded and made sure it worked, there might be some feature missing due to some files not being allowed by the host..

Anyways, there isn't really any progress right now on the charts. I need to implement paging and it's quite a bit too heavy for me atm. Once I've figured that out (or bugged divra or nwru about it enough).

So now the most craving features are:
*Paging
*Player page
*Proper admin page

Except for that it allready has most major functionality aimed for..

Edit:
Some progress has been made but it's a bit halted right now. I hope to have most of the functionality working in a few weeks at least.
Got some help from Divra (he sent some of his careers but I'll have to rewrite the sql file before I import it)

Here's a little preview anyways, the image is quite big so I'm linking the url instead of the posting the image it self. Anyways I want to explain some of the elements in the picture. this is the list of songs, Paging is working and such.
The whole A-Z Panel will be changed this is just a stand in graphic I made in gimp, the CD on the left of the song is going to display the label (if any) and the one on the right is going to display the album or the career if the song is in a career.
The buttons under the song, Guitar, Bass, Drums, Lead, Rhythm, YouTube, Download and Thread will be changed. But they will indicate clearly what instruments is supported, if a download- youtube- or a threadlink was given.

I hope I'll get the tagging, upload/edit dialog and admin pages running properly so that this chart can host some highscores soon :p
Last edited by Azzco on Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “High Score Discussion”