recently played ticker added

News in the world of Frets On Fire
This topic is 16 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
coolcheeze

Postby coolcheeze » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:26 pm

i built a simple recently played ticker for the board. it grabs the last 10 performances and displays them. it also auto-updates. after the ticker plays through all 10 it grabs the most recent 10 and starts over again.
hope you all enjoy!
Mass Effect FTW :)
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:49 pm

Looks good :D , it might look better if it's in a box, wich has a lighter red background in it.

Just a thought :) .
Songs Finished: 82,
Metallica - Papa Roach - Disturbed - Bloodhound Gang
coolcheeze

Postby coolcheeze » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:28 pm

yeah it sure might. something to separate it from the rest. im going to fancy up the fonts and add some images to it too... just wanted to get the first version up and test it.
thanks for your input. ill fancy it up a bit
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:44 pm

I like the idea, but right now it seems a little big. It doubles the size of what the header used to be, making it look, well... abnoxious.

Off-Topic: Can you set FoF to upload to more than one high-score chart?
~Jake2k3
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
coolcheeze

Postby coolcheeze » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:02 pm

its 460 x 100. i guess if you run a low screen res i can see what your saying. but it doesnt look obnoxious to me at all. in fact its smaller in height than your sig score image which is 130 pixels ;)
to my knowledge you cannot upload to more than 1 place
Last edited by coolcheeze on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:19 pm

I know my sig image is bigger, but it's the fact that it's on the header, and on top of all the links for that matter.

Maybe if you moved it to over to the right of the Frets On Fire Fan Forum logo it would look more even.
~Jake2k3
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:46 pm

Very cool. I do agree that it sticks out quite a bit on top, but not too bad.
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
JMT391

Postby JMT391 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:55 pm

umm showing the difficulty would be nice as well if it's possible.

very cool though its an interesting thing
coolcheeze

Postby coolcheeze » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:12 pm

yes i already have difficulty and how many stars available in the array inside the flash movie... im going to be adding those. gotta make the star graphics and animation first... just put the basic one up to test it...and see how it loads the server down. ill probably eventually make it only update every so often to save the mysql thrashing and server load.
Konador

Postby Konador » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:41 pm

Is this for the official charts, divra's charts, or which?
Songs Completed:
- Dark Side of the Moon (Full) - Livin' on a Prayer - Life and Death
Mods Completed:
- Pink Floyd Mod - Spanish Castle Magic with VOCALS!
Playing Statistics:
lnkk

Postby lnkk » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:51 pm

official only i think
coolcheeze

Postby coolcheeze » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:54 pm

just to clarify its for our charts. i do not have direct database access to the other charts.
to submit to the charts set your upload url to
http://charts.fretsonfire.org/fretsonfire/play
Last edited by coolcheeze on Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konador

Postby Konador » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:57 pm

I wish we could submit to more than one chart at a time. I like the "worldwide-ness" of the official ones, but I like the sig of Divra's ones, but I like the ticker of the forum ones!
Songs Completed:

- Dark Side of the Moon (Full) - Livin' on a Prayer - Life and Death

Mods Completed:

- Pink Floyd Mod - Spanish Castle Magic with VOCALS!

Playing Statistics:

Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:02 pm

To the RF_4 Wishlist thread!

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
coolcheeze

Postby coolcheeze » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:02 pm

well i hear what your saying. perhaps some sort of connector could be achieved... after all the data is submitted normally... ill look into that. im going to add a sig tool to ours as well since it seems popular. and if anyone would like the source to the flash stuff i did of course all ya have to do is ask. ill put it up for download... and also submit it to FoF to go along with their server if they like... since the ticker uses the same database without modification that their charts server uses. i believe in contributing back when something is useful.
i do want to add a .php backend ... i made an .asp one. its a very simple script that just returns the last 10 plays for flash to parse. the flash stuff was more complex than the server script.

Return to “News”