delete

Everything else in here
This topic is 6 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Comfort_Eagle

delete

Postby Comfort_Eagle » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:23 pm

delete
Last edited by Comfort_Eagle on Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JustinThatGamerDude

Re: Linkin Park Singer Chester Bennington: R.I.P.

Postby JustinThatGamerDude » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:54 pm

Rest in Peace Chester

While their more recent album wasn't exactly what I enjoyed, this group and this singer helped define my youth. Hybrid Theory is to this day one of my top 10 favorite albums. I ended up having to buy a second copy since my first one got so scratched up and wouldn't play. I also practically wore out a DVD I had of theirs watching it over and over again because I always liked their music videos. When I heard the news, it almost felt a bit surreal to be absolutely honest. I mean, especially since they just released an album in May of this year. It's rare for me to not have something to say, but right now I'm honestly at a loss for words. The only thing I can think of to say is that suicide is NEVER the way out. Now, I don't mean to get preachy, but for those within the reach of these words, if you're struggling, do yourself a favor and seek help. There's too much in life to live for, you're not a mistake, you're not an accident. You're absolutely precious in the eyes of God. I only pray that his family, friends, band-mates, and fans will find peace in their mourning. I mean, this just sucks. No matter what, I gotta give the band credit for always wanting to try different things musically even if they felt like swings and misses. They were one of those iconic bands in rock music that helped define Nu-Metal. Honestly, this is just a sad day in the history of rock music.
You can be depressed
aerykbacon

Postby aerykbacon » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:09 am

Chester Bennington RIP buddy
“I think to myself, OK. I should be able to control myself, right? It’s very simple. I look at that lamp and I know, ok, when I walk out of this room, I’m not supposed to hit that lamp. So I stand up, and I walk out of the room and I don’t hit that lamp. Why can’t I make decisions like that about everything in my life? You know, I’m not going to get angry at… my brother. I want to be the best brother. Don’t you want to be the best brother? Do you think that you’ve been the best brother? Not at all right? It’s like, why can’t I, why can’t I do what I want to do? If I want to be a dad one day, I want to be the best dad. Guess what? I’m not going to be the best dad. And that, that’s messed up. That’s messed up. That means that if I were to take how it is I treat people around me in the same way that I treat a social setting that means that I would stand up right now and kick that lamp over because there’s something wrong. There’s like, something is broken, in this, in the way that we live. There’s proof that there’s an element there that’s not right. Something’s not right.”
~happy ice cream~
Kueller917

Postby Kueller917 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:29 am

This one really got to me. LP was the first band I really got into, recommended by a friend back sometime after Meteora was released (I think 2004). But even more I got to see them live for the first time at the end of July in 2007. It was also my first proper concert, the first of what would be many. I was thinking about it around that time since it was going to be 10 years since then and a bit of a celebratory day, but instead it felt like losing something from childhood.
Image Image

Return to “Off-Topic”