Guitar Hero "band name" question

Everything else in here
This topic is 6 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
AbelArcher

Guitar Hero "band name" question

Postby AbelArcher » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:47 pm

I'm just curious for no particular reason *wink*.

Is there any indication in what usually determines what other bands go into the setlists of the games?

Like KSE and Judas Priest in Van Halen, SOAD and Foo Fighters in Metallica, etc.
Is there a reason those bands are in there, or did they just pick random songs from random bands?
wee little kid
m1999

Re: Guitar Hero "band name" question

Postby m1999 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:56 pm

I *think* they tried putting in bands that were influential to the band the game focuses on in one way or another, but I'm not really sure tbh, a lot of the choices still seem pretty random and weird
Last edited by m1999 on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1200+ Sygenysongs
BombDude24

Postby BombDude24 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:21 pm

Generally, the songs included seem to reflect the band's influences, as well as tour mates that they've had, leaning towards more contemporary ones in both Aerosmith and Metallica's cases. GH: Van Halen, no idea what they were doing, it's just inconsistent with the other games, and obviously, Van Halen didn't care, and Activision was past the point of caring.

For Aerosmith, the other bands included were mostly touring mates across the band's history, like Stone Temple Pilots and The Black Crowes. A few others were influential bands to them, like The Kinks and Mott the Hoople.

Metallica's was mostly based off of their influences, like songs that they ended up covering, like Stone Cold Crazy and Am I Evil?, as well bands they toured with, i.e. Machine Head, Kyuss, and Mastodon. I believe that Dave Grohl's a big fan of Metallica, but I don't remember if they've ever toured together before.

For Van Halen, Wolfgang was the one they asked regarding what else would be on the setlist, so what you get doesn't really make a lot of sense in a Van Halen themed game. You have stuff like Killswitch Engage and Alter Bridge, but then stuff on the opposite side of the spectrum, like Pretty Fly (for a White Guy) and Stacy's Mom. Some of the picks make sense, and came from acts that would seem like Van Halen influences, like Space Truckin', Double Vision, and Safe European Home, but it's all in all pretty unusual.
Addicted to memes
MetalMuxxer

Postby MetalMuxxer » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:25 pm

What Sygenysis said.

Most of those games have those songs since the bands influented or are influenced by the band that the game is about. Also, adding additional songs by other bands is better, or you will have only songs from one band and that would be kind of boring
AbelArcher

Postby AbelArcher » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:19 pm

Thanks.

My next custom will be my 200th, and I think a hero will be a good way to celebrate that.
I'm not sure what this bands' influences are, but after reading these and seeing tour mates as an option, I'll go with that. :)

Return to “Off-Topic”