Is there any software available that can convert the Rockband MIDI files to sheet music?

Everything else in here
This topic is 6 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
onlydlonly

Is there any software available that can convert the Rockband MIDI files to sheet music?

Postby onlydlonly » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:28 am

I would like to convert my library of songs to sheet music for drums. Each MIDI file has a ton of extra data that I really don't need, and it is a pain trying to go through and do this manually. Is there any software currently on the market that can do this?
Addicted to memes
MetalMuxxer

Re: Is there any software available that can convert the Rockband MIDI files to sheet music?

Postby MetalMuxxer » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:36 am

I don't understand exactly what you mean, but I guess you have Rockband songs and want to make sheets using those mid.

I don't think that is possible, since the MIDIs are usually the notes for the songs and only 5 frets are used in Rockband so the only notes present in the MIDI are the fret notes, it's kind of hard to explain, but I don't think that the MIDIs have the "original song" on them.

But now, if the MIDIs have the actual original song, you can open them with Guitar Pro and it will create sheets and tablatures.

Otherwise, the internet is your friend.
Last edited by MetalMuxxer on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still Alive
wolferacing

Re: Is there any software available that can convert the Rockband MIDI files to sheet music?

Postby wolferacing » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:47 pm

This isn't very automatic, and probably not worth the time it will take, but here's an option.

I'm assuming that these are Rock Band midis, since you spoke about extra stuff within them. Your best bet for accuracy is to use the drum animation notes, instead of expert. They are more defined on which note represents what part of the drum set. You'll have to move each animation lane to its "playable" drum midi location. (playable as in the real midi drum lane format, not rhythm game lane format) Then you'll have to import the midi into guitar pro, and export sheet music.

Good bit of work, but I don't know of any program that will do the above automatically.
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:52 pm

Yeah, you're right. A reaper script would handle the job great. It would actually be kinda neat.

Return to “Off-Topic”