C3's question thread

Everything else in here
This topic is 7 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Cordal

Re: C3's question thread

Postby Cordal » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:49 pm

-----
Last edited by Cordal on Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JarheadHME

Postby JarheadHME » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:51 pm

It was the first thing that I thought of, and honestly the whole thing has been kinda outside of my range of seeing. I've only heard a little bit about it, so it's not that fresh in my mind. Sorry.
Click here to request a song to rip for here!
Mr_Ice_Pickle

Postby Mr_Ice_Pickle » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:03 pm

Guys, please. I know for a fact that I as well as several other members on this forum hate petty drama showing up in the forums, and this is exactly what I see here.

I'm not taking a side in this feud, but am instead going to say this: can this just end already? Not only was this thread really not necessary in the first place, but it's essentially regressed into people getting angry for something that could have easily been calmly resolved at the very beginning. Rambomhtri, if you're going to argue against or try to sidetrack my point of ending this, then don't bother. I do multitracks too, but they're purely for the sake of having a more accurate representation of the original games in Phase Shift and nothing else.

Don't interpret this as me being mad at you, because I really don't want to be. I don't want any of this negative feedback being shoved back and forth between people that should just share an interest in and enjoy a particular genre of gaming. If you don't wish to comply to that, then go somewhere else, and just let the rest of us do our own things. There's a huge difference between a nuisance on these forums and someone that truly ruins the intent and emotions of them, and this is clearly the latter.

All I ask is that we settle this peacefully and without harm, or have this topic continue going downward until it inevitably gets locked. It's your choice, and that's all that I'll say.
rambomhtri

Postby rambomhtri » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:08 am

Hi, Mr Ice Pickle. I'm not the one here who is hating what other users do. They are the ones. Indeed I'm not replying them back anymore, people that treat others like that don't deserve my respect. I'm not mad at anyone neither, they are the ones, who have openly expressed it.

Imagine you buy CD's in a gaming store cause your son wants to do a collage with CD's, and the dependant goes all crazy, yelling at you that programmers didn't spent so many hours creating that games for your kid to paste them on paper as a decorative element. Man, I'm telling you, the first thing many would do is to demand that shop for treating them like that.

Imagine I take a picture of my house and share it all over the internet, and you thank me for such a great photo. Then you tell me you edited it, changed the colors here and there and mixed it with 2 pictures of yours to create a nice desktop background for your PC. And my response is that f*ck off, like what are you doing with my picture, you're not allowed to edit it or nothing, I posted it so people can look at it and only look at it. What would be your reaction?

Imagine you buy a screwdriver in the shop next to mine's, and the dependant goes all crazy, yelling at you that you shouldn't enter to his shop never again, cause you used the screwdriver as a hammer. Then you have a group of mechanical engineers mad at you cause they spent a lot of time designing the pieces and shape of the screwdriver, and you're using it like a hammer.

So yeah... this is what's happening here. And by the way, I'm 99999999% sure all of them are using EVERY DAY, 24/7, things in a way they are not supposed to be used like at all. Internet pictures are one of the millions of examples they are doing without a doubt. I'd love to see their reaction if they start to be treated by all the creators of those things the way they are treating me. I'd pay for their reactions.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:21 pm

You're talking about increasing the abuse of other peoples' stolen property. It's not the same as buying a tool and personally using it how you want. Quit comparing it with completely dislike scenarios.

I fully expect you to not understand or agree with this post.
rambomhtri

Postby rambomhtri » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:49 pm

Increasing the abuse?
Yeah, yeah. I'm an assassin, I'm committing homicide right here when I listen to the multis through VLC instead of PS or my TV (PS3).
Now the comparison is completely different. Hahaha, you guys are so funny.
And by the way, the shared picture scenario fits 100% this, no, 110%. I neither think you will understand. I know you all are doing hundreds and hundreds of times what I'm doing and "p*sses you" so, so much, but with other things. For God's sake, none of the band's work you're sharing have given you any kind of permission to share any of this material. Indeed they hate that, and it's illegal. And then you all have the guts to tell me you're mad at me, what I should visit or not in my free timw, what I should do or don't, and treat me in a total disrespectful way. But hey, lets pretend to be Mr. Righteous and that you all use things the way the creator intended you to use them. Hypocrisy level 9999.
Imagine your daughter loves magazines. She cuts some pages and pastes them to his notebook. Then the photographer recognizes a picture he made for a magazine in your daughter's notebook. And gets all mad at her because the photo he made was not at all intended to be cut and pasted in a notebook. And then he calls you, the father, complaining about your daughter's notebook. I know you would laught so much you may die. You probably also would demand the photographer for being abusive with your daughter, telling her what to paste or not to paste in her notebook. Or may be you would do even worse things, as any other father.
JarheadHME

Postby JarheadHME » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:06 pm

I don't condone the usage of the multitracks I and others provided for anything other than rhythm gaming. All you are talking about is doing that. I want the full experience available to everyone who plays rhythm games. People like you who use them for nothing but "jamming" along on your own are what made me stop wanting to rip. I wouldn't really care if they weren't visible but you guys constantly make yourselves very loud in these forums, when, again, this isn't even the best place for your desires.

As well as the fact that pictures in a magazine are then under fair use. Multitracks do not fall under fair use.

Granted I may be totally wrong about this, I'm not well versed in image copyrights. But that's what watermarks are for, for making it so your image is officially yours.

If you're not going to respond to anything else I say, at least respond to this : why would it be better for you to stay here over moving to literecords? This is a serious question. Outside of just to spite us at this point, what does FoFFF have over literecords in the department of providing multitracks?
Click here to request a song to rip for here!
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:26 pm

Don't worry, rambomhtri, we didn't expect you to get it now when you didn't get it before. Your argument boils down to: "Since people are using cheap stereo mixes for a very limited and niche use, the most valuable versions of the source audio should be usable however I see fit and that's the same thing. Because I said so."

You think WE all have the wrong view point on this, but if you're on the freeway and everybody is driving toward you, you should probably make sure you're not going the wrong direction.
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:47 pm

This discussion does have some merit. It also has plenty of stubbornness and some of the worst analogies I've ever seen. Keep it civil and the topic stays open.

I personally feel there is nothing THAT wrong with multitrack sharing. It's hypocritical to think that it's significantly different than sharing music/video of various qualities and sources. They also come with similar degrees of risk and compromising one's own morals.

JarheadHME wrote:Get this through to your head: This is a GAMING FORUM. NOT A RIPPING FORUM. [...] If all you want are multitracks, pop over to (wherever).

Agreed. This forum is about FoF/FoFiX and the songs it uses. We're not far off from trading multitracks as-is, but this is where the line has to be drawn. Any non-FoF multitrack posts/requests/links/etc. will not be permitted on here, punishable with warnings and bans. There are other (read: better) sites for that online, so why not go there?

:cool:
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
Nerd42

Postby Nerd42 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:34 pm

I would like to say a little something about the music industry though, and that is, you do not deserve to be making money off songs from 30 years ago. You need to be making new songs, touring that new stuff, engaging with fans about your new stuff or you need to be in another line of work. Not waiting around for royalty checks for songs from way back when while the RIAA sues some eight year old girl for downloading a Metallica track. The business model of getting paid from licensing fees from tracks from decades ago is not sustainable in the age of digital technology. Most of the people who actually worked on all this stuff back in the day got screwed over by the industry one way or another by now anyway. Copyright shouldn't even last this long in the first place. A rational set of policies that wasn't subject to arbitrary manipulation by the super-rich would have the Beatles completely in the public domain by now.

If The Way Things Are makes life as a professional musician unsustainable then go get a 9-5 like the rest of us. Complaining that sharing multitracks is somehow going to put recording studio engineers out of a job seems to me to be as absurd as claiming that sharing Linux is going to put software developers out of a job.
Last edited by Nerd42 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:52 pm, edited 8 times in total.
i are some kindof DJ http://nerd42.net/
The_Rock_Band_King

Postby The_Rock_Band_King » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:50 pm

nothing
Last edited by The_Rock_Band_King on Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thepostlove37

Postby thepostlove37 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:46 pm

The_Phaser wrote:My friend, I have filled in multitracks you have wanted in the past for bluzers rock band thread. But when you record the songs from a console to pc, it is not lossless. Not even 1:1 copies. The moggs in the game or encrypted ogg files barely even worth 128 CD qulaity. So when you download a multitrack that is in wav or flac, all you are getting is upscaled formats. As someone who has been ripping for a number of years, trust me. I know. The fact that C3 encrypts there songs are for the same reason as bluzer using tracks where the vocals are mixed to the extras track. Cause they are tired of people stealing and sharing and claiming it's there stuff. Or that it's exclusive. TrojanNemo has every right to be uptight about this. Instead of having this thread degrading there work and efforts to improve how con files are used, how bout searching the net for an answer to what you wish to know. You'd rather spend hours going over this thread instead of hours using google to find what you need. Good day.

I PMed you bro, get back to me when you see this.

Return to “Off-Topic”