C3's question thread

Everything else in here
This topic is 7 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: C3's question thread

Postby raynebc » Wed May 06, 2015 2:11 am

Master tracks are THE definitive recordings of songs, from which all remastered versions are created. They are the product of great expense and effort, which is why they're so much more valuable than a stereo mix of the master recordings. Think of it like an original painting versus a print (mass produced copy) of that painting, there's no way the print is going to be considered as valuable in terms of art. Control of the master tracks also ensures that the owner can better control how the song is used. If they don't want their stems mixed into some crappy hip hop song, they don't have to worry about it happening without their consent if the stems never got leaked. If you still don't understand why master tracks aren't more valuable than stereo mixes, there really is no helping you.
The_Rock_Band_King

Postby The_Rock_Band_King » Wed May 06, 2015 4:26 am

So that means the master tracks for all Iron Maiden songs are not gone, I'm happy.
rambomhtri

Postby rambomhtri » Wed May 06, 2015 7:35 am

The_Rock_Band_King wrote:So that means the master tracks for all Iron Maiden songs are not gone, I'm happy.

What?

Raynebc, so you say the reason they are so valuable is because some guy must never be able to upload to YouTube a video of "Nothing else matters", from Metallica, and turn it into a hip hop crap song?
I guarantee you Metallica and all the labels would never give the slightest singe crap about that. Indeed, they would never find out that video. How many views you think it can reach, 1500?
Despite all of this, money, still missing money, labels and studios and all move their *sses because of money. A guy mixing a song and turning it into a hip hop song don't make them lose money in any way.
Also, despite all of this, you can always do that with the games. Go practice mode and only listen to an isolated instrument. So we are able to listen to the master tracks, we can also capture our Wii or PS3, and upload a video of a very good quality master track sound, like a gameplay.
I said examples here are not a good idea because of the differences may appear, but anyways, you can always see and observe an original painting, it's not forbidden at all, but the thing here is that it seems you're not supposed to listen to master tracks.
But anyways, if they don't like you use their material, boom, copyright infringement, and you're done. Wherever you upload your mix, it gets removed due to copyright infrigement. But as it's already been stated, this is not about copyright infringement.
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Wed May 06, 2015 8:59 am

Labels actually do give a slightest crap about it. Mash ups are a big thing in the remixing scene. As an example search Mashstix. The remixes themselves is not the issue though. The issue is when bands and labels see their precious master tracks being used outside of what they licensed them for. Labels will then refuse any further licensing and you will lose new songs from that band or label. Granted, some bands actually encourage remixing. Nine Inch Nails comes to mind. I'm not arguing with you but I just wish you would understand the true value of these things. Master tracks are the pride and joy of bands. When something gets abused that you love, it's never a good thing.

As a side note, yes you can see and observe the original panting, but you can't just walk in and take it for you own use. I don't think the artist would like that very much. :tongue:
farottone

Postby farottone » Wed May 06, 2015 9:53 am

wolferacing wrote:Labels actually do give a slightest crap about it.

It's not just labels, it's any entity having bought the rights to use those tracks in a specific context. If you are a Website that sells individual tracks for learning purposes, in example, to be used within your gated application, you don't want those costly tracks in the wild. If you have bought rights to distribute a CD/DVD with mutlitracks, that's the only source those tracks are available from and you certainly don't want easy access to a pirated copy. And those are the primary entities we don't want to hurt (you have clearly understood the problem as anyone else -1 did, I'm just clarifying the context).

Btw, even artists who want their tracks remixed still have and want control over how those tracks are used: they make those tracks available with the provision that they are used for a specific purpose. But that's another matter altogether.
C3 | Author • Share • Passion
FrOoGle

Postby FrOoGle » Wed May 06, 2015 2:42 pm

I'm just gonna say this. No matter how much you b*tch, whine, and moan about not having access to multitracks that C3 use, nothing will change. So please, move on with your lives. If you want the thrill of playing multitrack Pantera charts (thanks x10000000 Farrotone!), you'll have to play them on rb3, if you honestly care THAT much about multitracks.
My Song Thread - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59701
FrOoGle HeRo I - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=628936#p628936
FrOoGle HeRo II (unfinished :C) - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=58720
FrOoGle HeRo III - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=637471#p637471
FrOoGle HeRo IV - viewtopic.php?f=17&p=638836
Bullet Train Blast - Nothing Remains (full album) - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=630599#p630599
Shadows Fall - Fire From the Sky (full album) - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59287&p=634454&hilit=Shadows+fall#p634454

Signature picture provided by The---Way
wee little kid
m1999

Postby m1999 » Wed May 06, 2015 2:51 pm

----------
Last edited by m1999 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rambomhtri

Postby rambomhtri » Wed May 06, 2015 2:56 pm

FrOoGle wrote:I'm just gonna say this. No matter how much you b*tch, whine, and moan about not having access to multitracks that C3 use, nothing will change. So please, move on with your lives. If you want the thrill of playing multitrack Pantera charts (thanks x10000000 Farrotone!), you'll have to play them on rb3, if you honestly care THAT much about multitracks.

You are starting to be quite annoying in this thread. This is the last time I tell you this thread is not about me b*tching about multitracks. Quote, please, a single sentence where I'm asking for multitracks, and I'll shut up then.

I did not start this so I can change C3's mind. C'mon, it's not that hard to understand, you can do it. We're here, sir, arguing about what's wrong about having the stems, cause I don't get it.

Sorry wolferacing, but still it's not enough, I mean, not enough at all. There's not a single dollar any company can lose in any way if suddenly all the YouTube community have stems of every single song in the earth and start to upload videos of personal mixes (besides, of course, the copyright infringement, which also a mixed C3 song is infringing).
FrOoGle

Postby FrOoGle » Wed May 06, 2015 3:07 pm

Ok, you want to know why you can't have C3's multitracks, I'll tell you. I'm 95% sure that the only reason C3 doesn't supply multitracks for us anymore, is because some ungrateful a$$holes posted all of the multitracks on sites such as literecords, instead of using them for what they were given for, playing phase shift.
My Song Thread - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59701
FrOoGle HeRo I - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=628936#p628936
FrOoGle HeRo II (unfinished :C) - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=58720
FrOoGle HeRo III - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=637471#p637471
FrOoGle HeRo IV - viewtopic.php?f=17&p=638836
Bullet Train Blast - Nothing Remains (full album) - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=630599#p630599
Shadows Fall - Fire From the Sky (full album) - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59287&p=634454&hilit=Shadows+fall#p634454

Signature picture provided by The---Way
rambomhtri

Postby rambomhtri » Wed May 06, 2015 3:17 pm

FrOoGle wrote:Ok, you want to know why you can't have C3's multitracks, I'll tell you. I'm 95% sure that the only reason C3 doesn't supply multitracks for us anymore, is because some ungrateful a$$holes posted all of the multitracks on sites such as literecords, instead of using them for what they were given for, playing phase shift.

This is the topic of the thread right now:
There's not a single dollar any company can lose in any way if suddenly all the YouTube community have stems of every single song in the earth and start to upload videos of personal mixes (besides, of course, the copyright infringement, which also a mixed C3 song is infringing).

About what you said, I can understand C3 uploaders don't want other people to upload their content to other sites. Just like if you upload a video of yourself covering a song, and I "steal" it from you and upload it to my YouTube channel. I understand you won't like it.

But, I'm not talking about any other sites right now, just C3, multitracks and labels.
TrojanNemo

Postby TrojanNemo » Wed May 06, 2015 3:21 pm

You obviously have a comprehension issue, since you're not understanding even what you're writing.

C3 has multitracks in its page. Not for Phase Shift, because...

rambomhtri wrote:I can understand C3 uploaders don't want other people to upload their content to other sites. Just like if you upload a video of yourself covering a song, and I "steal" it from you and upload it to my YouTube channel. I understand you won't like it.

So if you understand that, what is your question? C3 doesn't want the files it puts up for the game to end up on other sites. That's why they're encrypted.

I assume the thread can be closed now, since you answered your own question.

Cool. Mods? Thx.
rambomhtri

Postby rambomhtri » Wed May 06, 2015 3:38 pm

TrojanNemo wrote:You obviously have a comprehension issue, since you're not understanding even what you're writing.

C3 has multitracks in its page. Not for Phase Shift, because...

rambomhtri wrote:I can understand C3 uploaders don't want other people to upload their content to other sites. Just like if you upload a video of yourself covering a song, and I "steal" it from you and upload it to my YouTube channel. I understand you won't like it.

So if you understand that, what is your question? C3 doesn't want the files it puts up for the game to end up on other sites. That's why they're encrypted.

I assume the thread can be closed now, since you answered your own question.

Cool. Mods? Thx.

OK, first, thanks for replying. Second, it's at least rude to call mods to close a thread I started. The thread is open until I got no more questions, and even then, it's gonna still be opened so anyone here that wanna share his opinion, can do it.

Third... so you're telling me that if there were no multitracks of yours in other sites, you would still be uploading non encrypted stems?
If I don't remember wrongly, you said it was all because legal issues. But not copyright issues cause you're still infringing those even if you encrypt stems.
TrojanNemo

Postby TrojanNemo » Wed May 06, 2015 3:44 pm

rambomhtri wrote:Third... so you're telling me that...

I already said all I had to say to you via PM several days ago. You ask a question, you get an answer. You refuse to accept the answer, and continue to ask the same question, hoping that somehow, my answer will be different. Since my answer will not change, and I have already answered all your questions before, what I'm saying is, as I already also said, I'm not answering any other of your questions, m'kay?

I get this bad idea that if you ask a girl out, and she says no, she's going to have a bad time. Because obviously you don't take no for an answer. And that can get messy. But i'm probably wrong in this.
rambomhtri

Postby rambomhtri » Wed May 06, 2015 3:53 pm

TrojanNemo wrote:
rambomhtri wrote:Third... so you're telling me that...

I already said all I had to say to you via PM several days ago. You ask a question, you get an answer. You refuse to accept the answer, and continue to ask the same question, hoping that somehow, my answer will be different. Since my answer will not change, and I have already answered all your questions before, what I'm saying is, as I already also said, I'm not answering any other of your questions, m'kay?

I get this bad idea that if you ask a girl out, and she says no, she's going to have a bad time. Because obviously you don't take no for an answer. And that can get messy. But i'm probably wrong in this.

OK, I don't feel like my questions were solved at all. At all. So we have a problem, lol. If I ask you why you only wear black suits, and you reply that's because your name is Tim, well, pardon me, but as it makes no sense to me that reply, the question is still unsolved to me. I think you just don't want to answer to my specific questions, which is totally OK. A clear example is my very last question. It was a yes or no question. Look at your reply, mate :wink: . And if you said "yes, I would be uploading multitracks then", then I would have another bunch of questions.
TrojanNemo

Postby TrojanNemo » Wed May 06, 2015 3:58 pm

rambomhtri wrote:OK, I don't feel like my questions were solved at all. At all. So we have a problem, lol.

No....you have a problem. That is clear to everyone reading your posts in this and bluzer's thread.

I promise you when i'm not replying to these posts, you're not even a minor concern in my mind. I don't give two flying....pigs...that you feel like you have a problem. More than once it has been suggested that you move on with your life, maybe that will solve your problem.

But hey, continue repeating the same thing. You're not going to get the answer you want, and evidently any other response is not an answer to you.

Return to “Off-Topic”