Music "Brands"

Everything else in here
This topic is 11 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
captain_ferris

Music "Brands"

Postby captain_ferris » Tue May 15, 2012 10:55 am

Who here loves Death? I've been a long time fan, I don't think I won't ever not love them... I was reading their wiki page the other day and and was kind of disgusted to see that although the band hasn't existed in over 10 years now that Death is considered a metal "Brand". I work at a music store and we sell Death t-shirts, but I would never consider them to be a "brand". I'm talking stuff like this is what I see come through our doors: http://www.(spam).com/store/Death But this is like classic albums and stuff, you know? What exactly are they talking about when they say brand? That it's become cool for kids to say OMG I LOVE DEATH BESTBANDEVER! for some sort of scene points? I'm confused. Someone clarify.
AngelaChicken

Re: Music "Brands"

Postby AngelaChicken » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:05 am

Weird!!! But I guess bands turned brands like Kiss and Metallica fall under the same category...
blatz89

Postby blatz89 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:31 pm

Death's become a brand because scene kids found out that Oliver Sykes wears their shirts -.-
AngelaChicken

Postby AngelaChicken » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:42 am

I think more to the point, Death's become a brand because "death" still sells. Years after the fact, with no new material being produced.
Think sex pistols. they had like 4 EP's but are still selling merchandise worldwide!

Return to “Off-Topic”