My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Everything else in here
This topic is 11 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
blazingamer

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Postby blazingamer » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:26 pm

aander91 wrote:What exactly makes bronies think they can criticize anyone else's fandom? This is thing is just as unusual if not more than furries.

The same thing that makes you think you can criticize bronies for criticizing other people's fandoms. We're all just people, people hate things, people thrive on social interaction, one thing that people share when interacting socially is their hate for things. Haters gonna hate.

At least in the effort of "love and tolerate", things that are not appreciated are more looked upon and ignored instead of presented with the attitude of "GTFO NAOW!!!!!!"
Last edited by blazingamer on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:37 pm

Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:15 pm

aander91 wrote:
vedicardi wrote:
aander91 wrote:Is there a game where this fad disappears off the face of the earth?

who put a stick up your ass. people that get upset over dumb shet like this don't make any sense to me

lol? I'm not actually upset. This crap is everywhere and it's dumb and annoying.

well by upset I mean annoyed it's the same thing. who cares
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Need anime music!
bennimarru

Postby bennimarru » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:12 pm

http://ponysuqare.com ;D

Some fretters and drummers should really work on some of the songs... I'd really like to play some at a meetup lol
SJothra

Postby SJothra » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:37 pm

I found on a You-Tube channel by some user "TrotPilgrim" has links to MLP-FiM song charts that do work on FoFiX (though the midi needs to be renamed properly as does the song itself.) I've played them and they're real good!

Songs like "Art of the Dress" and "Winter Wrap-Up" are on there plus a few others.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:13 am

This thread has been missing some love lately

Also, I've gotten involved in two pony related projects now. My love for brony music shows no bounds as I'm now working on the website design for BronyPlayer

My FF1 Remake with Ponies is also coming along quite nicely as well as I work on the code for the engine in my game dev club time. Version 1.1 is out now with v1.2 expected probably near the end of April at this rate.
No need to fit in!
Oddbrother

Postby Oddbrother » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:15 am

aander91 wrote:This crap is everywhere and it's dumb and annoying.
Based on this argument, we may as well coin the terms "bronyitis" and "bronyphobia".
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:40 pm

[quote="blazingamer"]FF1 Remake with Ponies/quote]
gay and dumb
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:06 pm

crazy.neo wrote:
blazingamer wrote:FF1 Remake with Ponies/quote]
gay and dumb

FF1 was one of my first RPGs so it has a special place in my heart. I needed something simple but fun to do as a final project for a comp sci course so I decided to rebuild the battle engine. Now I'm remaking the entire engine with extreme flexibility and having the brony community make unique content for it because they're one of the most active communities on the internet right now. Just making use of my resources while also making something that I could see myself enjoying.
The J-Dawg

Postby The J-Dawg » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:08 pm

I don't understand how so many people can get obsessed over a kids show.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:42 pm

blazingamer wrote:
crazy.neo wrote:
blazingamer wrote:FF1 Remake with Ponies/quote]
gay and dumb

FF1 was one of my first RPGs so it has a special place in my heart. I needed something simple but fun to do as a final project for a comp sci course so I decided to rebuild the battle engine. Now I'm remaking the entire engine with extreme flexibility and having the brony community make unique content for it because they're one of the most active communities on the internet right now. Just making use of my resources while also making something that I could see myself enjoying.

Remaking the engine to be flexible sounds hella sweet actually. Good luck, even if I still find your fandom odd.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:18 am

aander91 wrote:
blazingamer wrote:FF1 was one of my first RPGs so it has a special place in my heart. I needed something simple but fun to do as a final project for a comp sci course so I decided to rebuild the battle engine. Now I'm remaking the entire engine with extreme flexibility and having the brony community make unique content for it because they're one of the most active communities on the internet right now. Just making use of my resources while also making something that I could see myself enjoying.

Remaking the engine to be flexible sounds hella sweet actually. Good luck, even if I still find your fandom odd.

Sounds interesting. How do you plan to make it flexible, if I may ask? Like an engine where people can easily change things to make their own 2D rpg from it?
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:54 am

Jama7301 wrote:Sounds interesting. How do you plan to make it flexible, if I may ask? Like an engine where people can easily change things to make their own 2D rpg from it?

Yeah, it's essentially a completely open source RPG Maker styled program. Advantages being since content is mainly file based it makes adding content a whole lot easier to do even without a GUI interface to work with it. I'm trying to make the files as obvious as can be so anyone can understand how to change them even from a text editor, and if things still need explaining I'm keeping a wiki on the github as well for features. Also, most of the core code is very generic typed with the only real thing defining the game as FF1 styled is how Scenes are assembled, but with it being open source you are free to change how these are designed.

Example, adding a new spell is as simple as creating a .ini file that contains element, damage, and what jobs can learn it, then an image for animation, and then package them in a folder that's the name of the spell.

I plan on working on the toolkit for the engine so it can automate all that for you with a more visual interaction, but I don't want to lock out the possibility of editing directly from notepad or allowing someone else to make another better editor GUI, like how RPG Maker does it.
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:12 am

blazingamer wrote:
Jama7301 wrote:Sounds interesting. How do you plan to make it flexible, if I may ask? Like an engine where people can easily change things to make their own 2D rpg from it?

Yeah, it's essentially a completely open source RPG Maker styled program. Advantages being since content is mainly file based it makes adding content a whole lot easier to do even without a GUI interface to work with it. I'm trying to make the files as obvious as can be so anyone can understand how to change them even from a text editor, and if things still need explaining I'm keeping a wiki on the github as well for features. Also, most of the core code is very generic typed with the only real thing defining the game as FF1 styled is how Scenes are assembled, but with it being open source you are free to change how these are designed.

Example, adding a new spell is as simple as creating a .ini file that contains element, damage, and what jobs can learn it, then an image for animation, and then package them in a folder that's the name of the spell.

I plan on working on the toolkit for the engine so it can automate all that for you with a more visual interaction, but I don't want to lock out the possibility of editing directly from notepad or allowing someone else to make another better editor GUI, like how RPG Maker does it.

Sounds cool. Good luck with that. :thumbup:
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:19 am

Season 2 Finale was amazing! New villain that almost succeeded who was defeated without the Elements of Harmony and tons of treats for the fans such as two new songs, popular background characters with lines, and Vinyl Scratch's second appearance now with red eyes like the fan depiction. Overall, I was rather satisfied and enjoyed so many moments of the finale that I watched last night.

Return to “Off-Topic”