Skyrim

Everything else in here
This topic is 12 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Manic Drummer Chic
piinyouri

Re: Skyrim

Postby piinyouri » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:15 am

amak11 wrote:
piinyouri wrote:I do agree with the above, as much as I enjoy my PS3 the port of Skyrim is an objective mess that will most likely never be fixed due to how the Gameryo engine and the memory allocation for the PS3 works.

I would wait for the creation kit to release if you decide to get it for the PC as this game was a 360 game that was ported to both the PC and PS3, so even the PC version has quite a lot of issues that need to be addressed via mods before it will be decently playable.

Fvck you Bethesda.

Other way around. It was ported from PC, Bethesda has a notorious ability to release buggy as hell games. The PC version also has crap low System requirements, my mid-level gaming PC runs the game at medium graphics at 720p.

For PS3, memory allocation inst an issue. The game is buggy as hell on all consoles including 360 and PC.

It was ported from PC? How do explain that lovely console UI navigation? And all the other carry overs from the 360?
Granted yes, Beth's games are always buggy in the worst ways, but the PS3 is getting hit the hardest because the usual inadequacies of the Gamebryo engine that a 360 or PC can make up for since they have more allocated memory to deal with it, are rendering games unplayable almost entirely fro PS3 owners.
The lead developer from New Vegas confirmed it, unfortunately.
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/12 ... ommitment/
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:17 pm

UI nav is even worse on the PC

-- Edit: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:18 pm --

something will be highlighted but the arrow won't be pointing at it and thus it will select the one the arrow is pointing at but sometimes it will do the opposite it's so annoying
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:21 pm

Have the patches helped matters much?
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
beebe

Postby beebe » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:34 am

Jama7301 wrote:Have the patches helped matters much?

I've heard some the newer patches have helped some. If you have the PC version there is a lot of mods that helped with everything, like the UI that everyone seems to complain about, and graphics, and crashes among other things.

I actually run an unpatched version on PC and I have virtually no issues with glitches, and the glitches I do find are either fun or helpful, but every now and then I come across something dumb, but very rarely, and I only started to get crashes after I recently upgraded my video card, but that's just because I try to push my video card more than I should. Based on my experiences, and most people I know, a lot of people are making a much bigger issue out of it than needed.

Spoiler:

Image"I. F*cking. Love. Penguins!"

Return to “Off-Topic”