I Can't Believe What I Found In My Nirvana CD!

Everything else in here
This topic is 12 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
WINNING!..DUH!
ThickAsABrick

I Can't Believe What I Found In My Nirvana CD!

Postby ThickAsABrick » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:06 pm

I bought a CD from a thrift store for 2 dollars in my area a couple of months ago that is titled Nirvana Europe 1994. The CD was released in February 1994 and I think it is a bootleg live recording of the band in Europe. Today I went in my room and saw it and decided to look at it and open it and I was shocked to find........................

IT WAS AUTOGRAPHED BY KURT COBAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know when he signed it or where, but it was signed only a couple of months before his death ( he died in April 1994)

The CD has a sticker that says it's from Euclid Records, which I found is a place in St. Louis Missouri, but who knows if he signed it at the store, or even in St. Louis.

Here is a photo of the CD and Autograph:

WOW!!!!!!
On the Topic of Six Year Old Girls:
Electro Tomato wrote:Because I want to have sex with them, that's why

ThickAsABrick's Theme Hero: 1950-2010 THE MUNSTERS ADDED! viewtopic.php?f=5&p=559396#p559396
abloobloo
RedShadow

Re: I Can't Believe What I Found In My Nirvana CD!

Postby RedShadow » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:20 pm

The previous owner of the CD signed it so the person who decided to buy it would think it's an authentic autograph.
WINNING!..DUH!
ThickAsABrick

Postby ThickAsABrick » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:32 pm

nope its a real one, kurt signed his autograph in print form, usually just putting kurt, with a peace sign next to it, i looked at other autographs and its the same handwriting form.

ThickAsABrick's Theme Hero: 1950-2010 THE MUNSTERS ADDED! viewtopic.php?f=5&p=559396#p559396
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:32 pm

RedShadow wrote:The previous owner of the CD signed it so the person who decided to buy it would think it's an authentic autograph.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
WINNING!..DUH!
ThickAsABrick

Postby ThickAsABrick » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:39 pm

I mean theres no Certificate of Authenticity, but 98% of autographs signed by Cobain arent cause it was just him signing for a fan. This CD came out BEFORE he died, so you cant rule out that it is real. Also I paid 2 bucks just for the CD and the music, this was an unexpected and surprising bonus. And to think I never opened it up, I just bought it at the time and put it away.

crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:46 pm

Why would he sign a bootleg? Why would that be 2 dollars? Just check eBay real quick...

I doubt it's legit, but congrats anyway. You'll probably never know if it's real or not.
WINNING!..DUH!
ThickAsABrick

Postby ThickAsABrick » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:53 pm

it was 2 dollars because it was at a thrift store. thrift stores receive free donations of items from people and they just put it out in the store. They charged 2 dollars because thats how much they charge for any cd in the cd section. and i think he would sign it because when a fan goes up and says can i please get an autograph, you sign whatever the fan gives you.

crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:10 pm

ThickAsABrick wrote:it was 2 dollars because it was at a thrift store. thrift stores receive free donations of items from people and they just put it out in the store. They charged 2 dollars because thats how much they charge for any cd in the cd section

Right, but why the hell would anyone put that in there? The original fan certainly wouldn't, it onbviously wasn't stolen because it was donated, if he died and his family or something just gave away their stuff, I seriously doubt they would donate anything personal. Even if they didn't recognise the autograph as Kurt (come on, who doesn't know Kurt Cobain?), they would assume it was a personal item and keep it.

and i think he would sign it because when a fan goes up and says can i please get an autograph, you sign whatever the fan gives you.

Well maybe. I doubt he gave many autographs, he hated that. Not to mention they are rare as hell.
WINNING!..DUH!
ThickAsABrick

Postby ThickAsABrick » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:17 pm

look at this autograph, this is a reprint of his autograph looks damn similar to the one i have http://cgi.ebay.com/KURT-COBAIN-NIRVANA ... 1e66177d31

and who knows how it ended up there, probably the original owner had nothing to do with it, i doubt it has anything to do with the cobain estate either.

Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:51 pm

If the previous owner had access to the internet then it would have been insanely easy to forge a signature as easy as this one.

10/10
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Postby omfgdrphl » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:50 am

I can't believe it.
Maartah

Postby Maartah » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:53 am

ThickAsABrick wrote:look at this autograph, this is a reprint of his autograph looks damn similar to the one i have http://cgi.ebay.com/KURT-COBAIN-NIRVANA ... 1e66177d31

and who knows how it ended up there, probably the original owner had nothing to do with it, i doubt it has anything to do with the cobain estate either.

That's a different way of writing the r, the t and the peace sign, especially the T is different. "damn similar" doesn't cut it when talking about autographs. You know, if something looks to good to be true, it probably is.
My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants
WINNING!..DUH!
ThickAsABrick

Postby ThickAsABrick » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:10 am

Maartah wrote:
ThickAsABrick wrote:look at this autograph, this is a reprint of his autograph looks damn similar to the one i have http://cgi.ebay.com/KURT-COBAIN-NIRVANA ... 1e66177d31

That's a different way of writing the r, the t and the peace sign, especially the T is different. "damn similar" doesn't cut it when talking about autographs. You know, if something looks to good to be true, it probably is.

You do realize that a signature from a person is not going to look exactly the same every time, different factors come in. The size of the item you are signing can affect the way the sig comes out, how fast he signed it etc. The K and the U are pretty spot on, i just wish it was dated. Whenever i get an autograph from a celebrity i always ask them to put the date. Idk how I could go about finding someone to authenticate it. Any ideas?

Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:18 am

Call up Kurt and ask him if he signed it.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:12 pm

If you want to know if it's truely authentic or not, take it to a proffesional. Only a pro can authenticate something like that. Other wise I'm 99% sure its a fake.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.

Return to “Off-Topic”