Lengthy but Good Games for PS3/2

Everything else in here
This topic is 12 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
blazingamer

Re: Lengthy but Good Games for PS3/2

Postby blazingamer » Tue May 03, 2011 9:20 pm

^Katamari definitely. Won't last you too long but they're so much fun and have great replay value.

If you want a fun, short, game that you could play over and over again with friends you could look for The Bouncer.
homerrulz

Postby homerrulz » Tue May 03, 2011 11:47 pm

Generally speaking, lengthy games are either Open World, RPG or RTS.... rarely FPS - so cross that off the list.
Most FPS games will last around 15 hrs... the replay value being multiplayer/online.
RTS doesn't translate well to PS3

Highly recommend:
Darksiders.. it lasted me around 50hrs. Cross between God of War, Zelda and even Portal.
Demons Souls... it is TOUGH though.
Eternal Sonata... very sickeningly cute graphics... if you can get past that though - really good RPG
Star Ocean - A new hope... you'll be playing that for a long time
Oblivion - One of the best RPG's you'll find.
I'll mention FFXIII because I loved it, but its not for everyone... like a 'my first rpg' with killer graphics. :tongue:

Yes I love my RPG's :)

The uncharted series is also brilliant, but VERY short. The first I got through in a day, the second - a bit longer

Also look at the HD trilogy packages... alone, the games aren't lengthy but combined..

Prince of Persia, Tomb Raider, Sly Cooper etc
My custom songs can now be found in the one place:-Homerrulz Song Thread

It's OUT - DRUM PROJECT 9!
Disturbed - Immortalized Album - https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59539
life is so deep
JanZuKa

Postby JanZuKa » Wed May 04, 2011 1:54 am

Ratchet and Clank 1-3 are awesome, 3 is my personal favorite. They're pretty lengthy as well if you want to unlock everything.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Wed May 04, 2011 2:01 am

If we're allowed to say games that aren't very long then I probably have more suggestions, but I thought you only wanted long games.

blazingamer wrote:If you want a fun, short, game that you could play over and over again with friends you could look for The Bouncer.

I have it, but I've never played the multiplayer.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:11 pm

Well it really honestly doesn't matter Ambiguity, but I was hoping for longer ones because I like the challenge of having to play it for a long ass time to beat it, and so I don't get bored of it really fast so I get some use out of it.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Wed May 04, 2011 8:19 pm

In that case:

Okami(PS2) - Easy as most of the fighting may be, the story and art were enough for me to still really like this one.

God War(PS2), 2(PS2), 3(PS3) - Like MGS these really need to be played together as each on continues the story of the other. I think you can download HD remastered(if PSN ever comes back online lol) versions of GoW 1 and 2.

Devil May Cry(PS2), 3(PS2) - There is also number 2 but most people didn't like it very well, and 4 but I can't recommend it as I've never played it.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Wed May 04, 2011 9:20 pm

Ambiguity wrote:Devil May Cry(PS2), 3(PS2) - There is also number 2 but most people didn't like it very well, and 4 but I can't recommend it as I've never played it.

I second DMC3 and will vouch for 4. Holy crap, game is fun. And cheap now. DMC1 is dang hard (if you like hard, go for it), and I never tried 2.
Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Wed May 04, 2011 9:24 pm

Bayonetta is very good.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Wed May 04, 2011 11:16 pm

Rapt0r wrote:Bayonetta is very good.

Only played the demo, but judging by that: agreed. Man I wish they'd made Bayonetta on PC.
Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Wed May 04, 2011 11:29 pm

tibiazak wrote:
Rapt0r wrote:Bayonetta is very good.

Only played the demo, but judging by that: agreed. Man I wish they'd made Bayonetta on PC.

Really? I played it for two hours and wasn't very impressed.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Wed May 04, 2011 11:40 pm

'You suck. It's one of my favorite games I've played this year
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Wed May 04, 2011 11:43 pm

Jama7301 wrote:Really? I played it for two hours and wasn't very impressed.

Actually got to agree with Jama on this one, gameplay wise it seemed like a recycling of DMC somehow.

I've only played the demo like tibi though.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Thu May 05, 2011 2:23 am

It's a blast, real fun over the top game. It just gets more and more over the top. the demo only shows you the tiniest bit of how absurd it gets
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu May 05, 2011 10:22 am

Demo sucked. Over the top is such a huge understatement. I hate video games and I enjoyed the poop out of this.
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Thu May 05, 2011 12:19 pm

Rapt0r wrote: I hate video games and I enjoyed the poop out of this.

Wait, what?

Anyways, I didn't play the demo. The game was just... eh. It's not bad, it just... is there.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."

Return to “Off-Topic”