Steve Jobs is dying.

Everything else in here
This topic is 10 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Re: Steve Jobs is dying.

Postby iamsensay » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:49 pm

So find me some sources?

I know he has pancreatic cancer. I also know he is probably not going to recover from it. However, all i can see about him dying in a few weeks is based on pictures from the enquirer.
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Old indeed.
Sucks that he's dying because he is old but not that old.
But anyway the last thing he proudly introduced to the market was the iPad so, I really don't care about it in matter of apple products.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:13 pm

RIP turtlenecks
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:00 pm

He should have already died, luckily for him he was able to steal a liver by donating money to the right prople and that bought him a few years.

Steve Jobs only has one talent: being a an ass. The humble roots and early success of Apple were Steve Wozniak's responsability, Steve only promoted the product. He was also lucky to have stolen the Machintosh from Xerox, who didn't believe in computers for poor people (ironic now, considering Apple's prices). He also has a daughter that he refused to raise. He did very little that could actually be considered relevant, except hire good designers. He is an average CEO and nothing more. He didn't design, program or create anything. He simply managed talent.

Also, the rumors of firing employees randomly, scolding them in public and humiliating them in front of their peers do not help his image, along with "You are holding it wrong" sarcastic and dismissive responses to genuine problems with his oroducts, which are supposed to be top of the line but have as much problems if not more than any other. The Apple Secret Police (Worldwide Loyalty Team) is a nazi-like force given full clearance to harass and investigate workers and costumers. Also, the time Jobs has left has not yet been confirmed by anyone, he has taken leaves of absense before and didn't die. Even if he is dieing, who cares? We all are, and he didn't make anything for me to respect or feel sorry for his death. I didn't know him personally, he never did anything for me, why should I care?
LOL
KenshinHimuraRK

Postby KenshinHimuraRK » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:28 pm

Steve Jobs has a great talent to recognize good ideas, embrace and invest in them. He's a great entrepreneur and also great investor.
He knew that what Catmull was doing would be a great achievement for cinema and computer technology when he bought Pixar in 86.

You can hate Apple and Jobs all you want, but you can't deny he knows how to make a profit, and his investments in computer technology are pushing the industry forward more than most other companies who prefer to invest in areas that don't offer too many risks, but don't too have much potential either.

Apple does have a lot of problems, crazy.neo pointed some of them. I'm just presenting the other side of the story, because honestly, saying "He did very little that could actually be considered relevant" is a biased view.

And no, I don't own any Apple product, I don't like their policy.
WINNING!..DUH!
ThickAsABrick

Postby ThickAsABrick » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:06 pm

Apple is overrated, the IPod MP3 Player was overrated. I always had a Microsoft Zune and I LOVE ITTT, it is so underrated, i like the design,easyness of the Zune program and the attention to detail, ipod is a cheap,thin looking crap. Also i am PC all the way, i hate the feel and look of Apple keyboards, and white is a bad color for things, overpriced as well. Microsoft>Apple. Still sad the dude is dying though.

-- Edit: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:13 pm --

Here he is recently for the launch of the IPad 2 which was on March 2nd. He looks kinda alright, just needs to eat more i should think.

On the Topic of Six Year Old Girls:
Electro Tomato wrote:Because I want to have sex with them, that's why

ThickAsABrick's Theme Hero: 1950-2010 THE MUNSTERS ADDED! viewtopic.php?f=5&p=559396#p559396
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:54 pm

Your fanboyism is showing. Good thing you don't appear to have ever used any apple products or have the ability to form a worthwhile argument to why you like/hate something.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
LOL
KenshinHimuraRK

Postby KenshinHimuraRK » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:19 pm

WINNING!..DUH!
ThickAsABrick

Postby ThickAsABrick » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:40 pm

KenshinHimuraRK wrote:Image

THIS.......................and yeah i have used Apple products and i did not like them, hence my saying that they suck lol. I am use to the pc interface and internet platform and do not like Safari and the whole Apple setup. The only thing appealing for a Apple computer is if you are a art student,into photography/graphics then i guess Apple is better, but i'm not so i don't like it period.
On the Topic of Six Year Old Girls:
Electro Tomato wrote:Because I want to have sex with them, that's why

ThickAsABrick's Theme Hero: 1950-2010 THE MUNSTERS ADDED! viewtopic.php?f=5&p=559396#p559396
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:59 pm

Retarded posts aside, Apple has and is still creating outstanding products whether or not you have found them to be worth the price. On that note, I don't see Steve Jobs as much more than a spokesperson, but that's just the extent of my knowledge.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
warhol

Postby warhol » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:01 pm

tbh I got an iPod classic cause it's the only available mp in here that can actually hold all my music. (I really hate when I wanna listen to a song and turns out I didn't put it in the mp, so the ipod classic is a lifesaver for me) Plus battery power.
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:16 am

ThickAsABrick wrote:

THIS.......................and yeah i have used Apple products and i did not like them, hence my saying that they suck lol. I am use to the pc interface and internet platform and do not like Safari and the whole Apple setup. The only thing appealing for a Apple computer is if you are a art student,into photography/graphics then i guess Apple is better, but i'm not so i don't like it period.

i hope you realize the image macro is completely sarcastic and making fun of ill-informed "nerds"
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:20 am

Spoiler:

ThickAsABrick wrote:

vedicardi wrote:i hope you realize the image macro is completely sarcastic and making fun of ill-informed "nerds"

Shhhh, let him live in his world of naivety.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
High Quality User
J2r0a1n1

Postby J2r0a1n1 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:19 am

It is indeed sad that Steve Jobs is near death, but it's not a topic I would take to heart.
As for the 'downfall' of Apple in the near future - Apple isn't going anywhere.

In case you users haven't noticed iPod's, and Mac's have been in very high demand over the years; and the death of Steve Jobs will not change that.
Steve Jobs simply commands the employee's. He doesn't help with any hardware functionality, or UI.

Also, if you were selling a high-demanded product, wouldn't you want to get as much out of it as you can?
lamsensey

Postby lamsensey » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:28 am

lol u predicted it

Return to “Off-Topic”