The Instru-mentals Thread / NEW ALBUM OUT NOW

Everything else in here
This topic is 12 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Re: The Instru-mentals Thread / NEW ALBUM OUT NOW

Postby vedicardi » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:24 pm

contradictions abound
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:28 pm

Say one thing, do another. Great idea.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:29 pm

Rapt0r wrote:The problem is he doesn't want to make good stuff. He makes awful music so we can tell him it's awful. If he actually put effort into something, we might not like it and that scares him. His karma alone shows he wants people to not like him. LOL INTERNET CELEBRITY!

To pretty much mirror what he said, he's obviously trying to make stuff people will listen to, but when it's criticized he just agrees instead of tries to argue his case. (Btw don't argue your case, you'd be taking the bait, but there are better ways of counter-trolling than agreeing with the troll.)

And just for the record, I respect your stuff as music and don't think it's bad. I'm not really into your style but was impressed with the piano bit, it felt a lot closer to what I generally go for when I write than your other stuff. Everyone should be allowed to explore different styles musically to find what they like to write and are good at writing.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:25 pm

@estemshorn: Let me note how you said you've only been doing this for about a year, yet you've pushed out how many albums? This proves my point that I think you're not trying hard enough. I don't mean to come off as rude (which is what it appears to be), but you're not responding correctly whenever someone criticizes your music. If someone doesn't like a song of yours, you tend to agree and say things like, "Yeah, I know how sucky this song sounds."

And you also say, "If I went on to make actually good songs, vedi would still be there hating on it". You do know that this happens with EVERY artist, right? There is no such artist where everyone who will listen to it will like it. If you don't care what people have to say about your music because of this, you'll just be stuck in a loop, getting the same criticism and the same reactions.

If you take your time and build a new song based on criticism, I guarantee you'll see better results.

Also, if you know that you can't sing, then don't, or ask someone else to do it for you.
Can we get this forum going again?
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:44 pm

Well, you guys are right. :P
Image Image
Image Image

Amak11 wrote:haha, if only you were of age
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:53 pm

how many years did it take you to figure that one out
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:07 am

1 and a half
Image Image
Image Image

Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:07 am

jfc

estemshorn wrote:Well, you guys are right. :P

NO THEY ARENT.

If you want vocals in your song but you're the only one available then SING DAMMIT.

Write music that YOU like, not stuff that other people will like. If other people like it then cool, if not then fck em. If you are happy with the music that you have made, then that is all you need. Write for yourself and share it with others, and for the love of fck DEFEND YOUR OWN MATERIAL. It's okay to be unsure if it's good as long as you are happy with what you've made.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:21 am

aander91 wrote:jfc

estemshorn wrote:Well, you guys are right. :P

NO THEY ARENT.

If you want vocals in your song but you're the only one available then SING DAMMIT.

lolno, have you heard my voice? I suck ass at singing. And i'm not the only one available. I have others that I know that would probably like to sing on my songs, I just don't really feel like asking them, plus 99% of my songs aren't meant to have vocals in them.

aander91 wrote:Write music that YOU like, not stuff that other people will like. If other people like it then cool, if not then fck em. If you are happy with the music that you have made, then that is all you need. Write for yourself and share it with others, and for the love of fck DEFEND YOUR OWN MATERIAL. It's okay to be unsure if it's good as long as you are happy with what you've made.

Truth right here.
But I still need to take criticism from others and use that to make songs that aren't so sh*t. I mean yes, in my opinion, there isn't a single song that i've made that I think "wow, that's complete crap, I can't believe I made that. It's terrible" Yes, there are songs that I think are better than others, but overall, I enjoy making them and every one of my >100 songs I put time into and I think they are good songs. So you are right too. But constructive criticism still isn't bad to use.
Image Image
Image Image

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:39 am

see he's just delusional don't try to convince him to use logic
( 'o')/
davidsevenfold

Postby davidsevenfold » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:47 am

you gonna make a dubstep remix anytime soon? :o
GHWT 4.0 theme is currently at a hault :v
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:47 am

estemshorn wrote:lolno, have you heard my voice? I suck ass at singing. And i'm not the only one available. I have others that I know that would probably like to sing on my songs, I just don't really feel like asking them, plus 99% of my songs aren't meant to have vocals in them.

It's all about finding a style that fits your vocals. Some people can make certain songs sound better. Axl Rose probably wouldn't win any awards for singing on say, a Broadway Stage, but if you put him in a rock band, his vocals fit better. Besides, if all else fails, you can always digitize your voice so no one could tell the difference. It's all about finding what works for you.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:56 am

davidsevenfold wrote:you gonna make a dubstep remix anytime soon? :o

I tried and failed with dubstep. So, no.

-- Edit: Fri, Jun 24, 2011 12:58 --

Jama7301 wrote:
estemshorn wrote:lolno, have you heard my voice? I suck ass at singing. And i'm not the only one available. I have others that I know that would probably like to sing on my songs, I just don't really feel like asking them, plus 99% of my songs aren't meant to have vocals in them.

It's all about finding a style that fits your vocals. Some people can make certain songs sound better. Axl Rose probably wouldn't win any awards for singing on say, a Broadway Stage, but if you put him in a rock band, his vocals fit better. Besides, if all else fails, you can always digitize your voice so no one could tell the difference. It's all about finding what works for you.

I'm not really much of a singer though. I can write lyrics and all, but, I can't really sing that well to be honest. I've tried rapping and I'm a little better at that because it doesn't involve pitch, but hell, my alias is The Instru-mentals, there isn't really supposed to be vocals. That's why I chose that name. :P
Image Image
Image Image

( 'o')/
davidsevenfold

Postby davidsevenfold » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:00 am

open for ideas/requests? o-o
GHWT 4.0 theme is currently at a hault :v
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi