Gran Turismo 5 Discussion

Everything else in here
This topic is 13 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Derp
slashfan7964

Gran Turismo 5 Discussion

Postby slashfan7964 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:55 pm

Anyone else have it? It's definently a step up from GT4, but still like some of the things GT4 had better, like the Garage was cool. Now it's just a bunch of menus really. GT5 for sure has better cars. I'm always a fan of the classic muscle cars.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Discussion

Postby amak11 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:04 pm

And que the Belisario93....

I find it quite fun. I made the jump from 2 to 5 so i missed all the filler games. From what i see 5 is the best in the series.

Anyways, if anyone wants to race, i have 74 Lancer 1600 tuned out to go ~246 km\h and a surprise :)

add me on PSn and maybe we'll race (click my menu for my PSN id)
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:10 pm

I have PSN. What's your ID? Mines my username here.

I haven't made it really far into the game yet but I just jacked the new Challenger SRT '08 to 630 horsies.

I wish I could play GT4 online. Man I had a Ford GT with over 850 horses and it flew like a champ. Had everything redone on that car. Superchargers, intakes, exhaust, flywheel, gear ratios, trannys, you name it. I had some other beast cars too over 1000 horses. I think I made one do 300MPH on the test track and it popped a wheely. I had 3 F1s too.

I almost bought 3 back in the day, but I didn't want the double disc set for PSone.

Let me win some stuff and I'll buy a new car and jack it so it does over 156MPH (246KM/H converts to 156MPH). That GT in GT4 did 270MPH easy without nitrous, although it was installed.

Knowing you amak, you probably have NOS installed on your car.

My Song Thread
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
I have special eyes
Belisario93

Postby Belisario93 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:04 pm

I really like GT5 as well. I don't seem to have all the graphical issues that everyone seems to have (or maybe I just don't notice, I don't know), and overall I say it's a really good package. But that's just from me, I've always loved the GT series since I started playing GT2 when I was 9 or 10. I've gotten fairly far. I've been doing a lot of grinding for certain cars (namely the Peugeot 908), and I've been having fun. I can't wait to try my new Driving Force GT on it when it finally gets here within the next week.

slashfan7964 wrote:I almost bought 3 back in the day, but I didn't want the double disc set for PSone..

You're probably thinking of GT2. GT3 was only 1 disc and was on PS2

Also, there is no nitrous in GT5.
dangit nobby
warhol

Postby warhol » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:09 pm

I was gonna get, but I own a 360.
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:29 pm

It may have been. I don't remeber now.

That explains why i can't find it.

My Song Thread
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:07 am

I have been anticipating this for quite a while, but after seeing a video review I'm kinda disappointed in polyphony'. They were always so good about making the best looking game for each PS that's released. The review said most of the cars look like sh*t for a PS3 game though, the exception only being the fewer premium cars.

I know it's a game, so it should be more about the gameplay(which it is), I was just hoping it'd look good too.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:39 am

I will admit the GFX for cars was a step down but still they don't look too bad. The only ting I hate is when you are racing and you look at the cornr of the screen you'll see like glitches in the GFX.

If anyone wants to race, add me on PSN: slashfan7964

Car: Dodge Challenger SRT '08
Horsepower: 722
Top Speed: 261MPH (420KM/H)

Don't ask me how I managed to pull that off. It was a long process, and lotsa credits.

My Song Thread
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:59 pm

Every video and screenshot I've seen (non photo mode) has looked awful. Even looking at a framerate analysis, this game often drops below 60 fps. I will admit I'm surprised they set this to run at 60 FPS (although Forza 3 apparently also runs at 60 and has no drops at all during racing). I would like to try this as I am a fan of GT2 and GT3 but Forza 2 has been more than enough to hold me over since I don't have a PS3 to play it.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:07 pm

Even if it drops below 60FPS, TVs run at 30 anyway, so you most likely wouldn't see it. I got it for free, so I'm not complaining.

I'm also thrilled that Scorpions made it into the Soundtrack. Actually, they are the only metal band on it really. That's famous, anyway.

My Song Thread
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:12 pm

WHAT? TVs most certainly do not run at 30. Most modern tvs run 60. Don't pull information out of your ass.
Last edited by Rapt0r on Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:14 pm

PAL runs at 25 and NTSC run at 30. I'm not. It might be for TV shows though. I know they are 60 capable.

My Song Thread
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:15 pm

I edited my post to say modern. If you're playing a PS3, there is a pretty good chance you have an HDTV or some sort.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:19 pm

Oh ok. Yes, I'm playing on an HDTV for GT5, and GH/RB on a CRT. HDTV's do run at 60 yes, CRTS runs at 25 or 29.976.

My Song Thread
dey see me trollin
mitch951

Postby mitch951 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:52 am

Enjoy your frame tearing/dropping
Poorest optimized game in the history of poorness

Return to “Off-Topic”