Strong deja vu?

Everything else in here
back from the dead
thebocaj

Re: Strong deja vu?

Postby thebocaj » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:17 pm

Electro Tomato wrote:
Kermit4Prez wrote:I've been having dreams where I feel they're continuations of dreams I've had weeks ago,

This happens all the time with me, but only with nightmares. None of mine make any physical sense, but for some reason I'm easily able to remember these dreams. I can remember having them since I was, like, 6.

One is that I'm sitting in a movie theater type thing, but I actually think that I'm someone on the screen, gathering berries, then my name flashes on the screen in this golden font in a blue vortex, and then counts down from 5, and I get really terrified. I always wake up at the end of the countdown.

The other one that I've had is I'm standing on a colorful platform in a valley, and suddenly it zooms out and I'm viewing myself running from an avalanche in third person, I get really terrified, and wake up.

I've had others that I can't remember except during the dream and shortly after I wake up. I can remember actually feeling, in a dream, that I've had this dream before.

That first one sounds kinda cool. Reminds me of an episode of Spongebob, with the name flashing on a screen thing.
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:45 pm

I used to have reoccurring nightmares as well. I wasn't really, there, in fact I don't exactly know what went on. All that I knew is that there was some sort of race type thing, everything was gold, and there was this really odd steady beat that just got louder and louder. I don't know what there was about this dream that was scary, but everytime I woke up from it, I would have to go to the bathroom or something, but I was absolutely terrified to step out of my door. It was insane, I don't even know what I was paranoid about, but I was absolutely terrified about something. I guess I was psuedo sleep walking because occasionally I would sort of regain sense, but then I really couldn't logically justify why I was so scared.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:11 pm

Your not the only one aander. Was I was little I used to watch those kids shows on PBS. There was a commercial that had a kid in his bed during a thunderstorm and was scared (I was always afraid too) and had toys going off and this particular one robot scared the crap out of me. After seeing it a lot I had reoccuring nightmares. You'd be somewhere in the house, and a loud buzzer would go off. You then would have to get on a piece of furniture (?) and I always got pushed off. I dreamt these 2 robots lived in my bathtub and there was a fat and skinny one. The skinny one would come and get you off the floor, and drag you to the fat one in the bathtub (it usually ended here, but I think once it zapped me, hence the lightning). I'd wake up in cold sweat and I'd hear ringing in my ears and look at the ceiling and it would look like it was spinning. I've always remembered this particular dream and I find it weirder than hell. For some reason I always had this and it scared the sh*t out of me.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
stop
quakegod667

Postby quakegod667 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:31 am

It just happened to me earlier today. I remember a dream I had a week ago with some old couple in black and white talking about some lady's puppy. Fast forward to today where my grandparents turn on TCM, and what do you know? That exact scene plays. I don't even know what movie it is, nor do I recall ever seeing said movie, but somehow, I knew.

Yeah, $hit can get real when you can forsee Turner Classic Movies with your Strange Deja-Vu (But I don't mind, I hope to find the truth).
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:07 am

Did you remember the dream when your were watching it? Or did you remember the dream before hand?
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
ADeadlierSnake

Postby ADeadlierSnake » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:28 am

Havent read much else in here. Didnt feel like reading 4 pages of stuff.

As for me, i get Deja Vu ALL the time!! Probably every week. Really strong Deja Vu too.

I saw nightmares were mentioned....

I have some scary as **** nightmares. I get them extremely frequently. I cant even begin to describe them. But i have actually woken up crying before out of fright. And i dont get scared easily. I havent ever gotten scared by a single horror movie since i watched The Ring, which was the first one i ever saw.
Makes sense that the only thing that scares me is myself, because i think some pretty **** up thoughts. I DO scare myself. Even when im awake. To tell the truth i actually enjoy the nightmares sometimes. Depends on their subject matter. But some of them are an absolute thrill. Yeah, im probably a serial killer in the making here (disclaimer: that was a joke, do NOT take that seriously, thats just my type of humor).

Another thing about my dreams is that i dream almost every night. And remember what i was dreaming about for the remainder of the day at the very least. Some dreams i have remembered for years. I also have frequent recurring dreams. Theres one dream in particular i have had probably like 6 times starting when i was about 4.

One thing i have that i believe is fairly uncommon (although i havent looked it up) is SIMILAR to a recurring dream, but not quite the same. What it is, is that i re-visit locations from my dreams. And not real life locations (like my house, or town, or whatever). These are completely fictional locations that have been created in my mind alone (wow i DO sound insane!) during dreams. But when i go back to these places, im not necessarily having a recurring dream. I will do something different in the same place than what i did the first time i was "there". Interact with different people, etc. The dream has a completely different "storyline" even though it is in the exact same place. These are probably the types of dreams i like the most, because most of the locations i go back to (im done putting " " every time i say "go" and shlt) are really REALLY awesome. So when i go back there its kinda like "**** YES!!!! *Evil laughter*".

QUESTION: Does anyone else "go back to the same places" in their dreams? I have asked all my friends about this, and it would seem im the only one among them.

And yet another weird trend that i have involving my dreams is that i dream so frequently and that i dont forget them for a while. Apparently this is also unusual (once again using my friends as basis for that statement).

Anyways, thats my dream rant.

tl;dr version: Link

Spoiler:

<RedShadow>: ADD Adumbshlt, A Dork Amak Adorkdork dorkdork=Nickolodeon=Nickelodeon

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:42 am

Yeah dude I get those types of dreams also. It's almost like YES I want to have that dream in that location =P.

It's wierd with me because I can have a dream once and remmeber it perfect. But then the dreams I want to remmeber, I can't.

My Song Thread
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
ADeadlierSnake

Postby ADeadlierSnake » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:52 am

Hehe. Im lucky. I remember all of them. And yeah, thats EXACTLY how it is! I think its that way because its good to be in a "familiar" location. Or something.... You feel more in control.

Spoiler:

<RedShadow>: ADD Adumbshlt, A Dork Amak Adorkdork dorkdork=Nickolodeon=Nickelodeon

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:01 pm

Yeah it makes you feel more relaxed in a scary situation almost. At least you know your not alone there =P

My Song Thread
ADeadlierSnake

Postby ADeadlierSnake » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:05 pm

Yeah. Btw dude, check out my post on your topic about life after death. I recommended a movie to you over there.

Spoiler:

tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:00 pm

ADS, read the thread. Seriously. :P It's not /that/ long, and we make some interesting statements regarding what deja vu really is.
Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
ADeadlierSnake

Postby ADeadlierSnake » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Rapt0r wrote:Also dreaming in general.

This.

Although i did probably get carried away. Just a bit....

Idk, i find dreams fascinating, so i love talking about them

Spoiler:

Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:13 pm

Dreaming is awesome! Until you wake up and realize that the iPod nano you were holding isn't real or even an iPod nano at all.
Can we get this forum going again?
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:18 pm

Qwedgeonline wrote:Dreaming is awesome! Until you wake up and realize that the iPod nano you were holding isn't real or even an iPod nano at all.

If you're dreaming of Apple products, it's time to see a therapist.
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:31 pm

crazy.neo wrote:
Qwedgeonline wrote:Dreaming is awesome! Until you wake up and realize that the iPod nano you were holding isn't real or even an iPod nano at all.

If you're dreaming of Apple products, it's time to see a therapist.

That wasn't really the whole dream. It felt like I dreamt for 2 hours. I was in a car driving around some hills, and then I said, "I totally forgot I had this iPod nano that I never use!"
So I opened a drawer that was in my car for some reason, shuffled around, and found the iPod. Then, I drove up the hills and shouted "Yes!"'

There were some other parts of the dream I didn't mention. I don't even remember everything!
Can we get this forum going again?

Return to “Off-Topic”