Strong deja vu?

Everything else in here
warhol

Re: Strong deja vu?

Postby warhol » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:28 am

What rapt0r had was premonition. OoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo

Although, more than just recalling before recognizing, can't deja vu be like experiencing something that's eerily similar to something you've experienced before?
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:00 am

I guess you could say that. I've had different renditions of it. Sometimes like what Ozzy said, or I have dreams, and I know they are dreams, then they actually happen. It's wierd as hell.

Like for example, I had a dream I was in my house and we saw a tornado. They tornado went by. A month later that happend. Exact same location and everything. I was like holy sh*t that's scary. Has anyone else noticed that you get a really strange feeling that lasts like a half a second?

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:26 am

So what we're all getting at here...

I'm better than all of you.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Breadache

Postby Breadache » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:56 am

Deja Vu is most common when you're tired. I believe it's just a mind trick, momentary perception is stored as a memory anomaly, giving the impression of a recollection. Or something like that. You might think of it having been a dream, because of the passing nature of the memory. Don't really know tho.
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:06 pm

Rapt0r wrote:So what we're all getting at here...

I'm better than all of you at making a big deal out of a coincidence.

Fix't. :)

Naw seriously, the fact that you had a dream about this girl, and then you heard from her in a completely different manner than you interacted in the dream = coincidence.

I've had a sense of "dream deja vu" before, where I'll do something and then remember a dream from a long time ago where I did said thing, however I write that off as "I barely remember my dreams as is, my brain's just being stupid and throwing details from what I just did into that vague recollection of a dream."

This works similar to the fact that people's brains can sometimes invent memories that never happened. Example: I have a memory of trying calamari for the first time, and every time I mention it to my parents, they start pointing out that various people I remember being present, weren't present. Or that it didn't happen where I remember it happening.

Yes, that link is from Kotaku. They link to a credible source, and I can verify via experience. Therefore, deal with it.
Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
Gerinych

Postby Gerinych » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:40 pm

Was there ever an episode of That '70s Show where Kelso made a bet with Laurie and the loser had to shave off their head hair? It came to me in a dream today, and it's really weird.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:01 pm

It's mainly the fact that she said she "had and urge to text me" that bothers me.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:04 pm

She wants to f*ck.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:56 pm

Breadache wrote:Deja Vu is most common when you're tired. I believe it's just a mind trick, momentary perception is stored as a memory anomaly, giving the impression of a recollection. Or something like that. You might think of it having been a dream, because of the passing nature of the memory. Don't really know tho.

why doesn't anyone read my posts ):

-- Edit: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:56 pm --

Maartah wrote:What rapt0r explained in the first post, is, indeed, not a deja vu. Vedi did explain it pretty good.

I once had this freak-experience when I went with this kid to his house for the first time, and I had a really strong feeling that I've been there before. It really freaked me out. So I asked around a bit, and turned out that his father was a nephew of my neighbour, and that I once went there with my neighbour to get something. That was when I was about 5 years old. So there was nothing special to it (except that I remembered the locatio where I've only been once, 10 years earlier), but it did really freak me out.

Do you know that feeling that when you're in a conversation and it's a deja vu, and you try to remember what's coming next and you can't, but if someone says the next thing you're having this major "yeah that's it" feeling? Those Deja Vu's are great/freaky too.

oh thx
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:03 pm

vedicardi wrote:why doesn't anyone read my posts ):

Its the internetwebtubes and sometimes you sound a**ish in your post. But you did explain the "deja-vu" experience very well :)
Its a weird feeling to have, but i like it.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:15 pm

right back at ya cutie pie
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:43 pm

Maartah wrote:Do you know that feeling that when you're in a conversation and it's a deja vu, and you try to remember what's coming next and you can't, but if someone says the next thing you're having this major "yeah that's it" feeling? Those Deja Vu's are great/freaky too.

I hate that feeling. Freaks me out, too. I used to think it was dreams I was half-remembering, but now I put it down to the whole processing/encoding problem vedi described. I find it odd that is usually goes on for a number of seconds, as most accounts I've read from people say it just happens for in an instant, but it looks like I'm not alone after all.
What's worse is when I get that deja vu feeling, and I feel like I remember getting the deja vu so I get into this weird recursive loop for a second or two. Does my head in.

-- Edit: 26 Aug 2010, 13:45 --

tibiazak wrote:This works similar to the fact that people's brains can sometimes invent memories that never happened.[...]
Yes, that link is from Kotaku. They link to a credible source, and I can verify via experience. Therefore, deal with it.

I read that, too. Did you read about the experiment in which they implanted memories of Bugs Bunny at Disneyland into some college students? Makes you really take a step back and look at the fallibility of human memory...
bass gaz
dani5639

Postby dani5639 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:01 am

oh crap, i thought i was seeing the fuuuuuuture lol

nevermind, we have a super fast memory so...
what to do when playing plastic guitar or bass UPDATED

Spoiler:1-only slider tapping
2-head tilted to left or right or upsidedown
3-use a mirror
4-lefty mode+mirror, guitar righty, strange depth effect
5-jumping aroundn stage like yeah
6-scratch your balls and play bass, expert, Metallica - Disposable Heroes
7-remove the (gh guitar) neck for no reason during a solo
8-start button push when starpower button pushed during solo
9-faceoff, watch the opponent's neck only, strange effect, different difficulties=impossible
10-rape the whammy bar all the way. let the whammy pushed during the whole song (gh)
11-the batteries pop out
12-bass expert, long strap, like Rob Trujillo
13-use huge snow gloves
14-play muted sound ( 1 second delay during pro-faceoff isn't playable )

how to make fun of the plastic drums

Spoiler:1- 3 notes during freestyle: 2 sticks + heatbutting, or 4 notes at same time, i saw first at azuritereaction
2- hit 2 pads at same time for double notes (one hand) ^
3-deleted, post me something
4-do like him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItZyaOlrb7E
5-suck at 2-3 hard songs, then win Run to the hills EXPERT (i did that, only cause my pedal didn't work on first songs)
6-play guitar or bass notes when u got nothing
7-go nuts during freestyle or big rock ending using the buttons on drum control panel
8-play using only ABXY/ XOBT/ wii BUTTONS on the drum control panel, not hitting the pads the good way, whole song
9-batteries pop out
10-play lefty
11-if the stick is wrong , hit a pad to make it flip in the air
12-play crazy songs but fail to fc easy songs (i have no drum fc even if i can 5* master of puppets expert+ xD ,finished every ghm metallica song, expert,bad ghwt cymbals)
13-superfast stick bump under the yellow cymbal lol
14-miss the red pad, the stick hits the ground and breaks
15-during overdrive activation sections, fix something (fix the pedal )
16-use a chair with wheels rofl
17-play muted
18-fail every starpower activation in ghwt
19-use huge snow gloves
20-not being able to connect the drums on pc, let jurgen play, play ghost like

my rb character is a hollow metal ichigo
Nicknamed Shamrock
Kermit4Prez

Postby Kermit4Prez » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:50 pm

I've been having dreams where I feel they're continuations of dreams I've had weeks ago, but I don't ever remember remembering the dreams before. I think my brain's just planting memories that never happened to f~ck with my mind.

But I also have a lot of deja vu from dreams, too. Dreams from like when I was 7 or so.

Edit: I just read tibi's post. That's probably it.

Spoiler:

It's not a real goose, it's only a picture of one.

NNdimethyltryptamine
Electro Tomato

Postby Electro Tomato » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:09 pm

Kermit4Prez wrote:I've been having dreams where I feel they're continuations of dreams I've had weeks ago,

This happens all the time with me, but only with nightmares. None of mine make any physical sense, but for some reason I'm easily able to remember these dreams. I can remember having them since I was, like, 6.

One is that I'm sitting in a movie theater type thing, but I actually think that I'm someone on the screen, gathering berries, then my name flashes on the screen in this golden font in a blue vortex, and then counts down from 5, and I get really terrified. I always wake up at the end of the countdown.

The other one that I've had is I'm standing on a colorful platform in a valley, and suddenly it zooms out and I'm viewing myself running from an avalanche in third person, I get really terrified, and wake up.

I've had others that I can't remember except during the dream and shortly after I wake up. I can remember actually feeling, in a dream, that I've had this dream before.

Return to “Off-Topic”