Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier Review Described as Melodic

Everything else in here
This topic is 13 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
stop
quakegod667

Re: Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier Review Described as Mel

Postby quakegod667 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:08 pm

The new album is epic. It's not as good as AMOLAD, but still a pretty damn good album. Oh, and there's no Wicker Man/Wildest Dreams-type songs, either; thereby making it more awesome.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:11 pm

I thought it was great. I've said on multiple occasions that the drum track for Starblind ruined the song, and they could have done so much more with it.

-- Edit: August 18th, 2010, 11:12 am --

I have to say though it gets better every time I listen to it. Its one of those ones you hear the first song and your like yep this is gonna be a good one.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
stop
quakegod667

Postby quakegod667 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:18 pm

slashfan7964 wrote:I thought it was great. I've said on multiple occasions that the drum track for Starblind ruined the song, and they could have done so much more with it.

-- Edit: August 18th, 2010, 11:12 am --

I have to say though it gets better every time I listen to it. Its one of those ones you hear the first song and your like yep this is gonna be a good one.

Actually, Starblind is currently one of my favorite songs on the album. But I definitely agree on the multiple listens aspect.

Anyone here got the Mission Edition?
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:23 pm

Nope. I do like Starblind though. The Alchemist and The Talisman and my 2 favorites though. Satellite 15 has an awesome intro too.

My Song Thread
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:12 pm

quakegod667 wrote:The new album is epic. It's not as good as AMOLAD, but still a pretty damn good album. Oh, and there's no Wicker Man/Wildest Dreams-type songs, either; thereby making it more awesome.

Personally, I think The Final Frontier blows A Matter of Life and Death out of the water. A Matter of Life and Death just didn't do much for me. I think the new album sounds a bit like a cross between Seventh Son of a Seventh Son and Brave New World. Isle of Avalon and The Talisman are my favorites (El Dorado is good too but I've already heard it many times. side note: Seeing them play it live was awesome). And I liked The Wicker Man... although it's among my least favorite Brave New World songs.
ImageImage

Scutch-Nukem wrote:Goldfish are like, the perfect goddamn snack, because they're all like "Eat me and my cheesy goodness as well as my friends because we smile back." And while you're munching on their cheesy wheat-y goodness, a person breaks into your home and begins to rob everything you own, because you have some ****' goldfish at hand, they smile back at you with that "Every little thing is going to be alright" kind of look and then you think they're some freaky-ass jamaican goldfish or something but then "Wait, goldfish aren't jamaican. They are canadian, which is why they come in bags." So you end up wanting to hang out with your rastafarian friend but wait, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS. So you end up trying to download the Bob Marley discography but wait, THERE ARE NO SEEDS. Then, when the clock strikes twelve, you realize that your goldfish are quickly running out, and you wonder to yourself "Do goldfish feel pain?" So to test this theory you begin to break them in half, demanding that they give you direct coordinates to the rebel base. But they say nothing, so you continue to munch on their cheesy wheat-y goodness. But what's this? THE BAG IS EMPTY!

Alone in your dark empty room, you crawl your hollow shell of a body to the darkest corner, and your mourn, you mourn the lost of your goldfish, and you ponder... should I buy another bag?

That is a ****' goldfish.
aander91 wrote:Trolling mods? I love this thread!

What is Kermit4Prez?

is it technically a muppet? or is it a puppet on its own? personally i think its a puppet president elect that should be called muppet: in the senate or something like that

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:12 am

@ Doomtron

Yes.

My Song Thread

Return to “Off-Topic”